Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ROH Stars Possibly Heading to WWE Soon

Default ROH Stars Possibly Heading to WWE Soon

- Mike Bennett may be headed to WWE soon but belief from the Ring of Honor side is that he's going to be sticking around their company for a while before going anywhere. There is also some talk that WWE may be interested in Mark and Jay Briscoe.
    http://www.wrestlesite.com/wwe/roh-s...mackdown-more/

I'm excited about the Briscoe's but only if they're used as a tag team. Help build up that division.

Bennett I have no interest in. Hopefully the rumors about him are just bullshit. Unlike some of you I don't have anything against him personally since I've never even seen him work a match before but I just don't like his baggage (Maria Kennelis).

Default Re: ROH Stars Possibly Heading to WWE Soon

The "WWE interested in the Briscoes" rumour has been around for years and years now. Nothing will ever come of it because they'll never pass the medicals.

Bennett is pretty average really and as has been said a million times only stands out because his gimmick is being a "WWE guy" in ROH. He's a cut way below the previous generation of indy guys that signed and I don't think he'd ever amount to anything major because he's got nothing in particular that stands out. It would be good for a laugh if he gets signed though and Maria doesn't, since she's been using him as a way of getting back to WWE since the beginning.

Bennett is poor. He won't do anything special in WWE if bought in. I'd love The Briscoes in the big leagues, one of the best teams of the last decade. It's a shame they haven't had the chance in WWE or TNA yet.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

The Briscoes would never clear the medical tests. There's no reason to get excited for it, sadly.

Bennett to WWE. Who would have thought that?

Booo to Bennett , and no way to the Briscoes they'll never pass.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

What do they do that would make them not able to pass?

Plus they're not cosmetically pleasing.

I have seen the Briscoes in ROH thought they were cool. Would love to see them in the big time. I can't said the same about Bennett Not that I don't want him in big tme Just never seen him thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    What do they do that would make them not able to pass?
    Too many concussions.

The WWE is looking at the wrong guys in ROH.Mike Bennett isn't anything special at all on the mic or in the ring,think something along the lines of Rob Conway.While I love "Them Boys" their not cut out for the WWE and really need to stay in ROH,their the heart and soul of the company.

If I was the WWE the guys from ROH I would be looking to sign are Adam Cole,Eddie Edwards,Bobby Fish,Michael Elgin and Kevin Steen if he could get his weight problem in order.Just those five guys and thats it.

I'm a fan of the Briscoe Brothers, have enjoyed watching them for years (sometimes I even get a kick out of stupid shit like "redneck Kung fu") and was pleased as hell for Jay to win the world title.

All I can think is that if they were ever to make it to WWE they would be saddled with some ridiculous hillbilly gimmick.

So no change?

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    So no change?
    Dungarees. Possibly a straw hat.

Banned

More vanilla midgets with no charisma, just what the WWE needs.

GOAT does anything to do with wrestling entertain you? I'm pretty certain you're negative about every event rumour and piece of news that comes through this site, which is a valid opinion. I guess...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mattdragn View Post
    GOAT does anything to do with wrestling entertain you? I'm pretty certain you're negative about every event rumour and piece of news that comes through this site, which is a valid opinion. I guess...

Can't stand WWE signing these horrible indy wrestlers.

I don't know about you guys, but I started watching rasslin for the OTT characters, not a bunch of boring 'technical wrestlers' with no personality.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post

I don't know about you guys, but I started watching rasslin for the OTT characters, not a bunch of boring 'technical wrestlers' with no personality.
    Except the Briscoes have OTT characters and tons of personality. Not every indy wrestler is a boring, "real" wrestling robot.

Tied to the tree of woe WickedOne's Avatar

Honestly, I am surprised that the E hadn't signed the Briscoes years ago.

None of the guys mentioned (not that they're coming in anyway...) fit that description. Then again, the supposed definition of "robot" has proven that he has more personality than basically anyone. Although those who were even somewhat familiar with his work already knew that...

Bennett fits the WWE mold. He has that generic somewhat muscular look that WWE has looked into. If WWE can teach him to work on the mic, sure I don't mind him in WWE. He could be one of those pieces of coal from the indies who have something but needs to be pressed into a diamond as oppose to say Adrian Neville, Richie Steamboat and Kassius Ohno who should quite frankly be on television already because of how good and versatile they are.

The Briscoes, I don't see as a WWE team at all unless they become midget hillbillies. I don't see Jay and Mark having the look to make it in WWE nor passing physicals based on how many concussions that I know Mark has had over the years. Mania Weekend 07 ring any bells? But in all fairness, I like Jay and Mark. I wish say TNA would give them a shot but I do not see them in WWE at all even in the post Punk/Bryan era.
    Last edited by MKPunk; 05-08-2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Not Ragging on the Briscoes

Banned

....Have you ever even seen The Briscoes? Do you even know who they are? 'Cause it sounds to me like you're bashing them with no prior knowledge for the sole reason of "from RoH, must be boring."

Mark is friggin' brain damaged. No chance he gets signed.

- - - Updated - - -

The timing is impeccable.

- Ring of Honor wrestler Jay Briscoe tweeted the following on Wednesday in response to the state of Delaware legalizing same-sex marriages:

"The Delaware Senate passed a bill yesterday that allows same sex couples to get married. If that makes you happy, then congratulations!!!!!!"

"... try and teach my kids that there's nothing wrong with that and I'll f*cking shoot you"

His tweet wasn't censored. It was reported earlier today that WWE is interested in signing the Briscoe Brothers, but this certainly won't help their chances.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/ROH_Star_Makes_Anti-Gay_Marriage_Tweets.html
    Bow before Da Look. Resistance is Futile.

You sure like to generalize a lot don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    The timing is impeccable.
    He's been tweeting that stuff for a while so I don't really think timing has anything to do with it. Completely disgusting though.

Banned

I don't really think the Briscoes care if they get to the WWE or not.

Thread Information