Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Cena getting cheered and Ryback getting booed?

Default Is Cena getting cheered and Ryback getting booed?

Is it just me or is that happening? Cause usually when a heel takes on Cena they end up getting cheered or being booed along with Cena, but in this case Cena seems to be getting cheered. When Ryback is attacking Cena the guy is getting booed...when Cena came down to take on Shield with Bryan he got cheered. Is the crowd actually liking Cena or do they just hate Ryback that much that they'll actually cheer for Cena?
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: Is Cena getting cheered and Ryback getting booed?

If we're acting like Cena getting cheered is a weird thing now, then we're seriously overestimating the boos.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Ryback got surprisingly strong heat when he walloped Cena with the chair. I thought it really added to the segment.

Banned

Cena always gets split crowds, it's just the done thing at this point.

You could run shows from Disneyland or a childrens hospital and still get some wannabe rebel thinking it's cool to boo.

Banned

Cenas getting cheered because I think people dislike Ryback

I'm just not used to Cena getting cheered or if he does then the boos usually drown out the cheers that he actually gets

It's because Ryback fucking sucks, WWE have absolutely ruined him.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA View Post
    It's because Ryback fucking sucks, WWE have absolutely ruined him.
    Could not agree more. When he was undfeated and crazy over i thought he was going too be the next big thing. But multiple losses later he has just lost that spark that got him over in the first place. And the funny thing is he will lose too cena therefore losing more momentum.

Honestly I dunno what WWE is doing with Ryback, he's a guy who started out strong and then got pushed aside simply to give the Rock a title run and end punks title reign. They ruined Ryback.

It just means that the smark atmosphere of Mania season is wearing off, I like that.

Plus in today's climate, with almost half of your fans watching beyond kayfabe and no longer watching wrestling like the movie/television show that it is, crowd reaction is not as important anymore. Fans who love John Cena pay to see him. Fans who hate John Cena pay to see him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post

You could run shows from Disneyland or a childrens hospital and still get some wannabe rebel thinking it's cool to boo.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriofan View Post
    Honestly I dunno what WWE is doing with Ryback, he's a guy who started out strong and then got pushed aside simply to give the Rock a title run and end punks title reign. They ruined Ryback.
    I used to be in this school of thought, but I'm liken his heel turn, his mic work has really picked up.

RYBACK RULES

Thanks To Hayze

Maybe if Ryback spat more when talking and held a piece of crumbled paper as if he were reading a poem he wrote, I would get into his character. Besides that, get new ring attire and maybe I'll start paying attention
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 3 (The End)
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Banned

It would be ironic as hell if Ryback lost all this time only to beat Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post

So people only boo Cena because they think its the cool thing to do? They can't genuinely dislike him?

Quote Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
    So people only boo Cena because they think its the cool thing to do? They can't genuinely dislike him?
    Some of them do boo because they think it's the cool thing. Not saying all of them, but that contingent clearly does exist.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post
    It would be ironic as hell if Ryback lost all this time only to beat Cena.
    That would make some semblance of sense if they explained it as Ryback having to find this extra attitude to become WWE Champion. Of course it doesn't really look like he's going to win, so instead he'll just be one of the most unsuccessful big match wrestlers ever.

I don't know whats up with Cena leg is he just doing ER to drop Belt to Ryback. If it wasn't for his leg I would ageed with all of you that Ryback would be loseing.

You know what I find funny is people like my Brother In Law who like a guy if hes face and hates him if hes heel As in Ryback case he love the guy untill he turned.

As far as Cena goes I don't think he get boo as much as everybody thinks hes does Not saying that he doesn't get divided reaction witch he palys off of.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

So were back to whole people only boo Cena because its the cool thing to do argument now huh?

You guys are so fucking predictable sometimes.

Whenever Cena gets cheered over somebody who ppl don't like, its "see he really is popular, and ppl boo him to look cool".

But we all know as soon as they put him against anyone the fans do like he'll be booed....CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Taker, or anyone else who fans like will still be cheered against Cena and Cena will still be booed against them.

It has nothing to do with people trying to be cool, and I thought even the biggest Cena fans knew this by now.

People who boo him mostly just are sick of his character, simple as that.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    So were back to whole people only boo Cena because its the cool thing to do argument now huh?

You guys are so fucking predictable sometimes.

Whenever Cena gets cheered over somebody who ppl don't like, its "see he really is popular, and ppl boo him to look cool".

But we all know as soon as they put him against anyone the fans do like he'll be booed....CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Taker, or anyone else who fans like will still be cheered against Cena and Cena will still be booed against them.

It has nothing to do with people trying to be cool, and I thought even the biggest Cena fans knew this by now.

People who boo him mostly just are sick of his character, simple as that.
    And no one's saying there aren't people who are sick of his character, but if you don't think there are also people who are just followers and go along with the rest of the crowd, you're deluding yourself.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    And no one's saying there aren't people who are sick of his character, but if you don't think there are also people who are just followers and go along with the rest of the crowd, you're deluding yourself.
    People cheer who they want to cheer, sure there are some who just go along the crowd but the same can be said for those who cheer him especially the kids.

Generally speaking (which is the only logical way to speak about crowd reactions) people boo Cena against pretty much anyone else who's relavant in the WWE, that is a fact and we all know it and its not even a big deal anymore, its just how it is.

Now does that take away from his supporters, of course not, but it has nothing to do with a trend, not after 8 years, and that's all I was saying.

That argument worked in 05, not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    People cheer who they want to cheer, sure there are some who just go along the crowd but the same can be said for those who cheer him especially the kids.
    Eh, I think it's a pretty safe bet that older males are generally more worried about what people might think of them than kids are.

Bender

Perhaps but that doesn't mean that they are more sheepish than kids, because kids actually buy into all of the kayfabe heros and bad guys stuff.

Which means they are literally following who they are told to by cheering for the good guy.

Plus seeing how wrestling isn't really in fashion anymore, most adult males that attend the show are a lot less likely to be worried about what people think about them.

That said, if there really is some guy who goes to a WWE show and boos Cena, but then goes home and stares at his Hustle Loyalty and Respect poster, than that guy has much bigger issues going on.

Sheep mentality will exist among big crowds. Is it an excuse for Cena getting booed? No, of course not. That doesn't mean it doesn't play some part, I'm convinced it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Sheep mentality will exist among big crowds. Is it an excuse for Cena getting booed? No, of course not. That doesn't mean it doesn't play some part, I'm convinced it does.
    Not anymore than any other reaction that anyone gets.

Taker chants, Jericho chants, Goldberg at Ryback chants or Fandangoing, they all exists in some part due to sheep mentality.

Doesn't take away from the fact that they exist?

Cena gets heavily booed against most people he faces, no matter how it started, but when people really like him its not so bad and sometimes he gets a rare positive reaction from the majority of fans in an arena.

But generally he gets more boos against popular opponents and that is a legit response when it happens as often as it does for as long as it has with Cena.

Yeah, I completely agree.

Thread Information