Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why's no one think the shield is growing stale.

Default Why's no one think the shield is growing stale.

IMO the shield is growing stale. Everybody on here is just saying how great they are and they aren't doing anything that interesting IMO. I liked the shield at first but I think they need to change things up and have a normal entrance and have less gasping in the promos. That's all I'm saying. I mean people thinking they should collectively hold the WWE Championship is just insane.

Banned

Default Re: Why's no one think the shield is growing stale.

A Cena fan complaining about stale characters. That's funny.

I'm dreading the day that The Shields entrance becomes a normal one. Entering the way they do now is just one of the many things that makes them stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

Not to play Mod, but his avatar has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

On topic, I think not. I've seen people grow weary of them, but I'm still finding them enjoyable.
    baboosh

I'd just like to see them involved in an angle of more substance. Right now, angles are being based on The Shield dishing out ass-whoopings but I'd like to see them pick a dispute with a babyface whether it be personal or for the belt and go from there.

Right now, I enjoy their matches but they haven't been given an opportunity to showcase their personalities.

He has a valid point. The Shield are awesome, but they have been doing the same stuff for a long time now. It just so happens those same things, whether it is their promos, their entrances, or their matches, are all of a great quality. They are very, very good at what they do. Thus, in general, people aren't getting fed up of them, but I completely understand if some do find them stale.

That being said, I don't think they should change their entrances or promo style just yet, but I would like to see them compete in a larger variety of matches.

Technically, they picked a fight with The Undertaker for personal reasons, which is what led to the Hell No fued. Also, technically they picked a fight with Sheamus and Orton just because.

I find them enjoyable I just think it time they lose I not saying bury them and have them lose all the time but a a lost here and there wouldn't be so bad. I mean like last night on Raw they faced The Uso and Koby you knew you was going to win before the Bell. The way it is right now its going to take a Super team to knock them off. Its like Punk said not too long ago about Wrestling UT at WM you know who going to win as where he Wrestler anybody even UT outside of WM the winner is unknown.

From what I've been hearing, the plan is for them to win the Tag Titles. I think getting some gold (bronze in that case) on them would be a great idea. Initially I thought the "Freebird Rule" for them would be perfect, but after seeing Ambrose lay out Kofi with one of the most awesome and original finishers in a while IMO, I think he should get in a fued with Kofi and eventually take the US title from him, and have Rollins and Reigns dominate the tag division. And even when they're in regular tag matches/singles matches, they could still all come to the ring together for support (and to cheat obviously).

I'd like to see Shield begin making their entrance in a custom riot van that backs into the arena.

Just imagine it. No music, just sirens, a black armored van backs into the stage area, then stops.

SIERRA
    HOTEL
    INDIA
    ECHO
    LIMA
    DELTA
    SHIELD

The music stars, The doors burst open, Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins step out, stand in formation surveying the area, then make their way to the ring.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    I'd like to see Shield begin making their entrance in a custom riot van that backs into the arena.

Just imagine it. No music, just sirens, a black armored van backs into the stage area, then stops.

SIERRA
    HOTEL
    INDIA
    ECHO
    LIMA
    DELTA
    SHIELD

The music stars, The doors burst open, Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins step out, stand in formation surveying the area, then make their way to the ring.
    An entrance as long as Goldberg's?

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

I enjoyed them more when they weren't as overbooked. They're getting put over against every babyface it seems and I think It'd be better to have one single star get that kind of rub since they'll probably get split up soon anyways. Stables always seem great and then they grow stale and have a bad ending.

I don't see why WWE has elevated them so quickly to me they're like a poor mans nexus and they broke up quickly. They where more realistic being 7 or 8 guys then just three and this being done a couple years after just seems like a poor version. To me they're more valueable as singles stars as I think Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins all have real futures as singles stars and this is growing stale imo.

I like The Shelid their looking so unbeatable when they get beat it will be huge.

The idea of breaking up the Shield would give credence to the idea that WWE has learned nothing since Nexus.

Also, to the OP: you are in the minority. Most people don't think the Shield is "stale" yet. Also, giving them a normal entrance and making them more like everything else would be the worst thing for them.
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post

SIERRA
    HOTEL
    INDIA
    ECHO
    LIMA
    DELTA
    SHIELD

Because then everyone will make the nWo comparison. Arriving in limo's and such...

Remember when people stayed On-Topic? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Greene View Post
    A Cena fan complaining about stale characters. That's funny.
    I hate responses like this. If the OP is a fan of Cena, then obviously he doesn't find him stale. That doesn't mean he can't ever find anyone else stale.

But no, the Shield aren't stale... yet.

They may become stale sooner than most people think they will, which is why I think the angle needs to be done by the end of 2013, and probably earlier than that.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

The angle needs to be done around Survivor Series time. I think they could tease dissension through Money in the Bank, and slowly start having each mans personal goals get in the way of their group goals.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by CENAfan54 View Post
    I enjoyed them more when they weren't as overbooked. They're getting put over against every babyface it seems and I think It'd be better to have one single star get that kind of rub since they'll probably get split up soon anyways. Stables always seem great and then they grow stale and have a bad ending.

I don't see why WWE has elevated them so quickly to me they're like a poor mans nexus and they broke up quickly. They where more realistic being 7 or 8 guys then just three and this being done a couple years after just seems like a poor version. To me they're more valueable as singles stars as I think Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins all have real futures as singles stars and this is growing stale imo.
    As a big fan of Nexus it pains me to say the following.

The 3 members of The Shield all have star potential and the ability to be the World or WWE Champion someday. With Nexus you could only say that about Barrett and Sheffield (I'm being generous with Sheffield as well, pre-Ryback)

Tarver, Slater, Young, Gabriel and Otunga were never going to be a World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

Banned

The shield are not stale IMO. There one off the best things in the wwe right now. And they have done a very good job at filling the void Cm Punk left.

I love The Shield, they're the best thing going right now. The one thing I don't get is how the announcers keep claiming they're undefeated when I saw them lose to Kane, Daniel Bryan, and Randy Orton at the January 17 house show in Anchorage.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenamark2.0 View Post
    I love The Shield, they're the best thing going right now. The one thing I don't get is how the announcers keep claiming they're undefeated when I saw them lose to Kane, Daniel Bryan, and Randy Orton at the January 17 house show in Anchorage.
    Losses at house shows, unless involved in TV storyline, aren't acknowledged.

Maybe WCW worked differently, but they counted Goldberg's house show victories towards his undefeated streak. I remember trying to count Goldberg's wins and then the announcers would bust out a number bigger than the one I had.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

I do see them becoming a bit stale. They enter through the fans, they jump a 2-3 man group, they gain the advantage 9/10 times, they 3 man powerbomb someone, they leave... rinse and repeat. I do think they need to do something new every once in a while to stay fresh. In all honesty I think the Titans Tower break in (obviously for another reason) would of benefited SHIELD more than it would of Lesnar, with Lesnar it just seemed like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cenamark2.0 View Post
    Maybe WCW worked differently, but they counted Goldberg's house show victories towards his undefeated streak. I remember trying to count Goldberg's wins and then the announcers would bust out a number bigger than the one I had.
    That is his point though, the house shows were involved in his tv gimmick.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

If the Shield are stale, then I like stale.

I have no issues with them whatsoever, and they're often my saving grace every week. There's not a lot going on with Cena as champ and not many fresh feuds and Punk sitting at home for the time being. The more Shield the better. As far as changing the formula up? Sure, that'd be nice but I'm not tired of it at this point. Seeing who Roman Reigns can carry is still fun despite the fact he's already powerbombed all the bigger guys.

It ain't broke yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

It's actually Doctor Whom Froggy's Avatar

Not for me, no. I like that they seem to be targeting the tag-team titles...that's new, that's fresh and that'll give them a whole new level to go from. There's heaps to find stagnant about WWE IMO, but I don't think for one moment that The Shield are one of those things.
    - Heteroflexible -

- PW Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2013 -
    - The Sports Empire Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2010 -
    - 3 x TBG Poster of the Year || PW Fan Fiction Idol Champion - 2012 - || TBG Prem Predictions Champion - 2012/13 || TBG Fantasy Premier League Champion - 2013/14 -
    - Be good. -

Thread Information