Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: News on Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX

Default News on Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX

The Undertaker is set for surgeries on his right shoulder and his left hip, but told WWE Chairman Vince McMahon he will indeed be at WrestleMania XXX, and has some ideas for the big event.

"Taker would like to work with either John Cena or Brock Lesnar," a writing team member told WrestleZone exclusively. "Taker also has some ideas regarding The Shield. The whole scenario on Smackdown played out great, and Taker sees big money in those three."
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2720...ania-30-status

It's from WrestleZone so...yeah. But if Taker's open to working Brock, next year might not be his last year. Honestly as much as a supporter of Cena breaking The Streak that I've been over the years, lately I wouldn't mind if someone else broke it.

WM XXX - Brock
    WM XXXI - Cena
    WM XXXII - Cena
    WM XXXIII - Ambrose...who breaks The Streak.

WM XXXIII will also be the 30th Anniversary of WM III so they may want to recreate something big for that.

Default Re: News on Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX

So WrestleZone are saying a member of WWE's creative talks exclusively to them? OK then.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Cena needs to happen next year. There's no reason to put it off any further. The Rock feud is over and I can't think of another good opponent for him, other than Punk, which has happened a bunch of times already.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

According to Meltzer, 'Taker enjoyed WrestleMania this year and was able to work beyond WrestleMania because he didn't kill himself in his match with Punk and Punk allowed to him to look after himself in the match a bit better.

I find it a long shot that 'Taker is interested in getting in there with Lesnar.

Cena vs. Taker. I hope the WWE has already booked the match in their minds. There is nothing else for WM 30.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    According to Meltzer, 'Taker enjoyed WrestleMania this year and was able to work beyond WrestleMania because he didn't kill himself in his match with Punk and Punk allowed to him to look after himself in the match a bit better.

I find it a long shot that 'Taker is interested in getting in there with Lesnar.
    I would agree, but fans who attended his Axxess signing said that he hinted at it. So who knows.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I will never understand the appeal of Brock vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

It's a possibility, and they'd be stupid not to hint at it or take it off the table. The will they/won't they intrigue is enough to keep fans interested. But I don't see them actually following through. I don't mind, though.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    I do, but I don't think it has quite as much appeal as Cena vs. Undertaker.

Bender

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Me neither...I have no idea why ppl want that one.

They had a great little feud 11 years ago, and there's no way anything can top those matches now.

Just give Taker Cena and end this whole streak thing already...its time.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

The fact that ways to delay Taker/Cena keep popping up is so irritating. Taker/Lesnar wouldn't be much and we all know the result already.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

Honestly, I'd say it's about even for different reasons.

Brock and Undertaker have a lot of history on-screen, they have their shared interest in Mixed Martial Arts, and you can always shatter kayfabe and bring up the real bitterness (or the belief we smarky smarks have regarding any bitterness) Taker has for Brock over leaving WWE after so many people worked so hard to put him over. There's a whole lot of story WWE can go with for Brock-Taker, and it would be a very brutal, physical, high-impact match. There's a lot of appeal to that, especially outside of WWE's core fanbase.

Basically, you have two very different types of people you'd be appealing to with these matches. Cena-Taker is the more important match within the WWE bubble because it's the two big dogs, who haven't crossed paths since Cena was a rookie, finally having an epic clash. It's the match with the massive "in-Universe" continuity appeal, wherein you know going in that Undertaker may be laying down for Cena the same way Rock did. However, Brock-Taker is the match that draws from outside the WWE bubble (while using their history as a backdrop), and will be seen as the ultimate pro wrestling-MMA showdown, and fans will wonder if Undertaker will physically survive the encounter.

Either one would be an amazing spectacle. But for me ... I'd rather see Brock-Taker if the Deadman is physically up for it. Cena-Taker, especially with the idea of Taker losing to Cena, just doesn't interest me as much.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    The fact that ways to delay Taker/Cena keep popping up is so irritating.
    I mean, really, it shouldn't be delayed anymore. Everyone kept saying, "Oh, they're saving the big match for WrestleMania 30 because it's a big number" or whatever. What's the excuse this time?

Are we really going to bank on Taker getting to something like 25-0? Come on. It's not impossible, but there's no reason to continue this nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    Either one would be an amazing spectacle. But for me ... I'd rather see Brock-Taker if the Deadman is physically up for it. Cena-Taker, especially with the idea of Taker losing to Cena, just doesn't interest me as much.
    Taker wouldn't lose.

Bender

Who would Cena go against if he doesn't wrestle Taker at WM30? Punk vs Cena has happened too many times for me to want to see it at WM. No way they are doing Rock vs Cena AGAIN. I doubt they would do Cena vs. Brock because that leaves Taker without a big opponent.

surrender

So thus far I'm the only who flipped out for the Shield? Really? If it's just Ambrose you have to give the other two something to do, which has potential for a big match and a resurgence (a better one) of the tag titles. If it's a handicap match, the intensity of the would be huge, I mean look how they've been booked thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

I don't think they should do a Shield/Taker handicap match. Either Taker ends up beating 3 dominant top guys on his own, or the streak ends in a flukey manner (three guys beating Taker rather than one guy beating him).

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    Honestly, I'd say it's about even for different reasons.

Brock and Undertaker have a lot of history on-screen, they have their shared interest in Mixed Martial Arts, and you can always shatter kayfabe and bring up the real bitterness (or the belief we smarky smarks have regarding any bitterness) Taker has for Brock over leaving WWE after so many people worked so hard to put him over. There's a whole lot of story WWE can go with for Brock-Taker, and it would be a very brutal, physical, high-impact match. There's a lot of appeal to that, especially outside of WWE's core fanbase.

Basically, you have two very different types of people you'd be appealing to with these matches. Cena-Taker is the more important match within the WWE bubble because it's the two big dogs, who haven't crossed paths since Cena was a rookie, finally having an epic clash. It's the match with the massive "in-Universe" continuity appeal, wherein you know going in that Undertaker may be laying down for Cena the same way Rock did. However, Brock-Taker is the match that draws from outside the WWE bubble (while using their history as a backdrop), and will be seen as the ultimate pro wrestling-MMA showdown, and fans will wonder if Undertaker will physically survive the encounter.

I think the whole MMA thing is really a giant put-on. It was 5 seconds of the two of them working and nothing more. It wouldn't be the psuedo MMA match that people think.

Also, excuse my bias. I don't care about MMA. And I have a hard time believe the idea that MMA fans would care about Brock vs. Undertaker as they already don't care about anything Brock is doing in WWE as it is.
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I don't think they should do a Shield/Taker handicap match. Either Taker ends up beating 3 dominant top guys on his own, or the streak ends in a flukey manner (three guys beating Taker rather than one guy beating him).
    As soon as I posted that, I realized it. However, against one of them would be awesome simply for the fact that the other two would most likely win straps. I'm still more interested in Cena, but if I had it my way I'd have one of them face Taker.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2720...ania-30-status

It's from WrestleZone so...yeah. But if Taker's open to working Brock, next year might not be his last year. Honestly as much as a supporter of Cena breaking The Streak that I've been over the years, lately I wouldn't mind if someone else broke it.

WM XXX - Brock
    WM XXXI - Cena
    WM XXXII - Cena
    WM XXXIII - Ambrose...who breaks The Streak.

WM XXXIII will also be the 30th Anniversary of WM III so they may want to recreate something big for that.
    What the...? I'm a pretty big Shield fan, but Ambrose??

WM XXX needs to be Taker vs Cena
    WM XXXI can be Taker vs Brock

I don't want to see back to back Taker vs Cena matches at mania either.

It's not impossible, a few years ago we would have thought Punk/'Taker was impossible, so I'm not writing 'Taker/Ambrose off. It would need a pretty sudden push for Ambrose to work though, so obviously it's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Who would Cena go against if he doesn't wrestle Taker at WM30? Punk vs Cena has happened too many times for me to want to see it at WM. No way they are doing Rock vs Cena AGAIN. I doubt they would do Cena vs. Brock because that leaves Taker without a big opponent.
    Yep, that's the problem. Unlike the last two years, there is absolutely no argument to be made in favor of another match for Cena.

Bender

Banned

This is why I think it will be Cena next year, then Brock at 31. If 31 is Takers last match, he might be willing to put it all on the line with Brock. If he does come back at 32, I see it being against maybe someone like Reigns or Ambrose, depending on how big they are by then.

Cena next year and Brock at 31 is the ideal scenario.

Bender

It's not impossible, a few years ago we would have thought Punk/'Taker was impossible, so I'm not writing 'Taker/Ambrose off. It would need a pretty sudden push for Ambrose to work though, so obviously it's unlikely.
    Sudden push... if they have Undertaker wrestle both John Cena and Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania first then that's what two - two and a half years until Undertaker/Ambrose at WrestleMania... more then enough time to build up Dean Ambrose.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Sudden push... if they have Undertaker wrestle both John Cena and Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania first then that's what two - two and a half years until Undertaker/Ambrose at WrestleMania... more then enough time to build up Dean Ambrose.
    And where did this idea that Taker is going until WrestleMania 32 coming from?

I understand that he was in better shape than we thought, but let's not get carried away. He could very well retire after next year's.

Bender

Thread Information