Thread: The monster is back

Default The monster is back

Did anyone manage to see Ambrose vs Kane and the aftermath of that match on smackdown. Its been a while since I enjoyed Kane that much. He reminded me of the old Kane I use to love. I hope his here to stay. Good job by the shield too, I am now interested in this fued

Default Re: The monster is back

As long as he is with Daniel Bryan he is going to remain semi goofy. He will never be the monster he was when he debuted.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    As long as he is with Daniel Bryan he is going to remain semi goofy. He will never be the monster he was when he debuted.
    And that's just fine with me, because this run with Bryan may be the most I've ever enjoyed him.

I agree, though, that he turned in a great performance against the Shield.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    He doesn't have to be that monster, as long as he shows the heart (in a fight) that he showed on SD. Of all the people shield took out, he was the hardest to go down. At one point I actually believed he really was out for revenge.

I am actually really surprised that he is able to still perform at the level he is considering he is 45 years old and still going full time. I am really enjoying Kane's current run with Bryan.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

The one thing I never understood is why they put the Mask back on him I didn't get to see Smackdown was not feeling well sleep like 24 hours or more. I think the fued is coming along great.

Quote Originally Posted by LTS View Post
    The one thing I never understood is why they put the Mask back on him
    I questioned this when it first happened as well, especially because the first couple months of it were absolutely terrible.

But I don't think the Bryan stuff would have been as funny without it, so it ended up paying off.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LTS View Post
    The one thing I never understood is why they put the Mask back on him
    Because its fuckin awesome...Kane is only the real Kane with the Mask IMO.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

For years people complained about Kane no longer wearing the mask. WWE finally give in and put it back on him and what do people do? Complain!

I just wish he had put it back on a year or so earlier during his feud with Taker over the World Title.

Banned

I never complained about him removing the mask. He became the monster again in 2003 when the mask came off. Too bad he's not the monster he used to be, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    For years people complained about Kane no longer wearing the mask. WWE finally give in and put it back on him and what do people do? Complain!
    And those aren't necessarily the same people. I never complained about him not having it.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    Because its fuckin awesome...Kane is only the real Kane with the Mask IMO.
    Correct. Kane with the mask is one of my favourites of all time. Sans the mask, he's just not the same. The mask brings a certain aura to him that is just completely missing when he has no mask.

True the current Kane is not the Kane of 97-01, or even of 02-03, but he regained a bit of the aura and presence that he had back then, and coupled with his stuff with Bryan and the good work he's doing like the aforementioned match with Ambrose, I'm a happy Kane fan.

And speaking of Bryan, his match with Ryback on Smackdown really is as awesome as everyone has been saying it is.

Damn, I guess I better start watching Smackdown. Old school Kane sounds tasty. The 1997-98 version of Kane is one of my favorite wrestling characters ever.

I thought that the team of Taker, Kane, and Bryan two weeks ago was a brilliant way of combining the serious and comedic eras of Kane's career.

Bender

I still think giving Kane the mask back was one of the most shallow changes of all time.

This angle with Bryan has really redeemed Kane lately, but still it doesn't excuse the shit sandwich that was Kane/Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    I still think giving Kane the mask back was one of the most shallow changes of all time.

This angle with Bryan has really redeemed Kane lately, but still it doesn't excuse the shit sandwich that was Kane/Cena.
    I think it does. That feud was terrible, I agree; frankly it was one of the worst feuds either guy has ever been a part of.

However, the Bryan stuff has more than made up for it in my eyes.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Jodaku View Post
    And speaking of Bryan, his match with Ryback on Smackdown really is as awesome as everyone has been saying it is.
    I didn't wanna mention it because I know how much people in here enjoy shitting on Ryback, but you right that match was awesome. Now let's wait and see who will be the first one to say that was all Brian

Quote Originally Posted by songz4real View Post
    I didn't wanna mention it because I know how much people in here enjoy shitting on Ryback, but you right that match was awesome. Now let's wait and see who will be the first one to say that was all Brian
    Well yeah, it was a pretty brilliant carryjob. Bryan just did a ridiculously good job of creating a match that was all about Ryback, and made him look as good as possible - and way more of a legitimate maineventer than any number of squash matches could do. The storyline was perfect, frustrating the meathead with his sticking and moving, kicks to the leg and speed work, and outsmarting Ryback when he tried to use his power to dominate like kneeing his way out of the Jackhammer and turning the Thesz Press into a half crab. We haven't got to see so much of it during Team Hell No, but he's still the best wrestler in the world.

Banned

Kane was one tough SOB on Smackdown. The match was great and they could barely keep him down afterwards. As for the goofy stuff, who cares? He's been doing silly stuff on and off for a decade or so, almost as long as the more serious stuff. It's part of his character.

Banned

I don't get why kane ending SD unconscious on his back means that monster Kane is back lol.

Banned

Because it took 3 guys several minutes to take him down.

Kane having the mask has made some of the stuff with AJ and Daniel Bryan from the last year even funnier. It's hilarious seeing masked Kane be spooked out by AJ's crazy behavior, and being sensitive/comedic guy in segments with DB.

surrender

Thread Information