Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen intends to buy the WWE...

Default Chael Sonnen intends to buy the WWE...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/05/chael-...we-ufc-retire/

Chael Sonnen
    I Wanna BUY the WWE

HUGE retirement plans for mega-rich UFC fighter Chael Sonnen -- he tells TMZ, he wants to buy the WWE when he quits fighting ... a company valued at half a BILLION dollars.

And Chael's rep insists he's not joking, telling us, "It is 100% Chael's intent to buy the WWE." In fact, the rep says Chael is already meeting with bigwig friends in the investment world to enact his takeover.

Bad news though -- a rep for the WWE tells us the company ain't for sale ... at least not yet ... so Chael better be prepared to put a sweet offer on the table.

The rep adds, "We are a publicly traded company, so [Chael is] more than welcome to purchase shares of WWE stock and become one of our valued shareholders.”
    First of all, this was too entertaining not to post... I really wanted to share it here. But this little bit of "news" gave me an idea for a thread topic. What would WWE be like if some outside company or a franchise owner purchased it and decided to take it in a different direction. Seriously, I would like to see posters here propose potential buyers and how they think the WWE would change. We have a variety of knowledgeable posters who know about sports team owners, pop culture icons that are loaded, and businesses and franchises with the dough to blow through. Some examples: Mark Cuban/Michael Bay/Fox/Saban/Burger King/Chikara/Golden Boy Promotions/UFC/Square Enix/Brazzers etc.

I'll start, if MTV bought WWE I think down the line it would actually turn it into a staged (or more staged ) Real World show. Most of what would be on tv would be drama drummed up by the superstars that don't get along as they travel, room together and party at night (they would be obligated to ). Matches would be extra gimmicky with silly obstacles and you really only see a few minutes of each match... the rest being highlighted as montages to what MTV considers "trendy" music (dubstep if the last Challenge was any indication.)

PPV's would consist of big obstacle courses as Red (Raw duh!) vs Blue (Smackdown) team contests are held with some match guidelines to keep it 10% wrestling. That is what I think WWE would be like if MTV were to buy it.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Default Re: Chael Sonnen intends to buy the WWE...

I want to see Food Network buy WWE. Imagine them competing on Chopped (loser leaves WWE matches), Next Food Star (NXT), Cupcake Wars (Diva matches), Diners Drive-Ins and Dives (3 stage matches), etc...

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Actually WWE's market cap today was $695.37 million, not $500 million.

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=WWE

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/W...l#.UYYnsaKnoVs

And considering that Vince himself owns 81.8% of the company's shares (not including what Linda, Shane, Stephanie, Triple H, etc own), I very much doubt this is serious. Even if Sonnen offered (or could offer considering he's not a billionaire) double the current share price (which would be plain ridiculous for a company like WWE and NO sane investor would do that considering WWE's share price has never gone above $15.50), he'd have to pay over $1.1 billion to purchase Vince's shares (if Vince even wanted to sell at that price, I'm just assuming that's the minimum he'd demand for the company if it was a serious bid).

$695,370,000/$9.30 = (approx.) 74,770,968 shares.

74,770,968 shares * $18.60 = $1,390,740,004.8

$1,390,740,004.8 * 0.818 = $1,137,625,324 needed to buy Vince's shares.

What a stupid fuckwit.
    Last edited by Stefan; 05-05-2013 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Adding calcs

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Actually WWE's market cap today was $695.37 million, not $500 million.

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=WWE

And considering that Vince himself owns 81.8% of the company's shares (not including what Linda, Shane, Stephanie, Triple H, etc own), I very much doubt this is serious. Even if Sonnen offered (or could offer considering he's not a billionaire) double the current share price (which would be plain ridiculous for a company like WWE and NO sane investor would do that), he'd have to pay over $1.4 billion to purchase Vince's shares (if Vince even wanted to sell at that price).

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/W...l#.UYYnsaKnoVs

What a stupid fuckwit.
    Especially if you believe all the celeb net worth sites that have him at $750 thousand and based on his UFC career earnings, he's earnt $582,000.....but we're all allowed to dream I suppose.

I want to buy Disney Land.
    Last edited by Miss HHH; 05-05-2013 at 06:59 AM.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

I'm sorry but what....?
    - Credit: Bender -

PWMania - He Returns

What the fuck is this? Why the fuck does he want to buy WWE?

I think we just found Shinobi's new fed.

Guys. It's Chael Sonnen.

I'm still stunned at the fact that people pay attention to the fact that he says anything, ESPECIALLY WRESTLING FANS. Like they've never seen a heel who talks shit before.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I think we just found Shinobi's new fed.
    YES!

Sonnen is the Ric Flair of MMA right now. I'm desperately hoping that this is all an elaborate work that will bring Sonnen into the WWE as a performer. He would make a phenomenal manager at the very least, or fodder for Super Cena.

Fast forward to 1:03.

GOD DAMN! HIRE THIS MAN AND PUT A FUCKING MIC IN HIS HAND!

Reports came in that CM Punk was backstage in Sonnen's locker room for that fight as a guest.

Banned

Chael couldn't buy TNA let alone the WWE..

Why do you guys hate fun?

If Michael Bay bought WWE... we would get this but with a greater budget and special effects.

Every bump would trigger expensive looking explosions and pyro and the music and divas would be very fast and very tawdry.

Storylines are about as weak as I think they can get and I don't think he would lower the quality of WWE's current storytelling. And heel turns and face turns would have cool slo mo effects...

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

This is pretty hilarious. He's just trying to get press and attention and I don't blame him. It would never, and I mean never happen.

Banner Credit: Spike

Quote Originally Posted by queen madness View Post
    Chael couldn't buy TNA let alone the WWE..
    I'm pretty sure Chael could barely buy a Domino's franchise on his own. What he says he's going to do is lead an investment group.

Which, quite frankly, is even more laughable than buying the company outright. The sheer number of silent investors he would need is a total non-starter.

If somebody with a healthy bankroll was the lead investor, there's no way they'd ever sell, but it would at least be a hell of a discussion point.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

This is funny and entertaining

It does however bring a question I'd like to get peoples opinion on. What generation of McMahons will unload the E? Steph/Shane? Their children? Their grandchildren? Does anyone ever see it leaving the McMahon family? I figure some kid along the line will eventually want no part of it and sell it out but when.

Banned

The Fertittas are much richer than the McMahons.

Chael is in with the Fertittas. Wouldn't be hard.

Too bad he couldn't buy his way out of that massive ass kicking that Jones gave him.. hahahaha.. What a tool.

Seriously, though, Imagine if the NFL bought WWE? Once their football players were to old for the game, switch them over to "rasslin." They would (for the most part) have the physique to pull it off..and it would be a win-win for both "rasslin fans" and NFL fans.
    They get to see their favorite players (Ray-Ray--beat down Tony Gonzales or Rybtoch in a Triple Threat Match.) Rybotch would use a steel chair, Tony Gonzales would use a helmet/football, and Ray-Ray would use a knife..err I mean ah ahh his do-rag..
    "Girls, you can't be the first, but you can be next.”

--Richard Morgan Fliehr

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    YES!

Sonnen is the Ric Flair of MMA right now. I'm desperately hoping that this is all an elaborate work that will bring Sonnen into the WWE as a performer. He would make a phenomenal manager at the very least, or fodder for Super Cena.

Fast forward to 1:03.

GOD DAMN! HIRE THIS MAN AND PUT A FUCKING MIC IN HIS HAND!

Reports came in that CM Punk was backstage in Sonnen's locker room for that fight as a guest.
    1) Chael just stole Scott Halls line!

2) If Ted Turner couldn't take over the E, nobody can.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

(Mucho credit to Bender)

Banned

Big fan off Sonnen. And it's refreshing when he does fight because he is a great talker and he brings more excitement too fights. most off the other UFC fighters currently active can't talk English

First off, Chael Sonnen does not have enough money to buy the WWE. Although I would like to see him become a pro wrestler in the WWE. This dude can give some interesting promos.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence, talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - President Calvin Coolidge

I laugh at anyone that even began to take this seriously.

Banned

Chael's got maybe one more fight left in his career. He's giving himself every option at another career in retirement. Owning the WWE isn't that career.

Banned

Find someone who's as crazy and as rich as Vince and you have someone who may have a shot at making a splash with this thing. But it'll never happen...maybe after Vince is buried.

On the entertainment side of things, Vince should throw money at this dude, hire him and blow this up into a big storyline. Might make up for all those failed big Vince Mcmahon storyline attempts

Banned

Ted Turner should buy it. They're slowly becoming WCW anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    The Fertittas are much richer than the McMahons.

Chael is in with the Fertittas. Wouldn't be hard.

Yeah, if you think convincing the McMahons to sell isn't hard.

Banned

McMahon'll shoot his entire family before he sells WWE to anyone else.

Thread Information