Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

  1. #1
    Olé Olé Olé Olé! The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,952

    Question Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    ... which it looks we are, because he doesn't seem to be injured enough to not compete, at least not yet ...

    Who do you want to see him feud with?

    We know that Cena has the capability to make a multitude of different opponents look damn good in the ring. For that reason, I'd like to see him feud with a guy like Fandango at a lesser PPV, maybe MITB since the ladder matches are what really sell it.

    It also makes a lot of sense to have him feud with Henry at some point, and in fact, I'm surprised that wasn't what they chose to go with at Extreme Rules. Regardless, I'm sure many people will enjoy it if/when it happens.

    I'm also not completely against a face/face feud against someone like Sheamus, as while the feud might not be all that special, I think they could put on a damn fine match.

    How about the rest of you?

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  2. #2
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,985

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    I'd like to see him get a PPV match with Seth Rollins. In fact I think one of the members of the Shield winning the belt from Cena would be good. Cena could beat one of the Shield members at one PPV, but then lose the title to another member at one of the next PPVs. The only problem would be that it would make one member look like a leader and the others look less strong, but there's ways around this if they continue to book all three members well enough in other matches.

    And I know this is going a bit off the actual topic, but the Shield having control of the WWE title and WWE would make for a nice storyline and would be a nice way to have Punk turn face - he could claim they are stealing his shtick from 2011.

    surrender

  3. #3
    It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,544

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    I don't want to see him have a Dolph-like feud with Fandango or any young star.

    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,447

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I'd like to see him get a PPV match with Seth Rollins. In fact I think one of the members of the Shield winning the belt from Cena would be good. Cena could beat one of the Shield members at one PPV, but then lose the title to another member at one of the next PPVs. The only problem would be that it would make one member look like a leader and the others look less strong, but there's ways around this if they continue to book all three members well enough in other matches.

    And I know this is going a bit off the actual topic, but the Shield having control of the WWE title and WWE would make for a nice storyline and would be a nice way to have Punk turn face - he could claim they are stealing his shtick from 2011.
    Yeah, but at the same time, that's exactly what TNA is doing with the Aces and Eights right now, and you don't want to give Hogan any reason to believe that you're copying them.

  5. #5
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,985

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Yeah, but at the same time, that's exactly what TNA is doing with the Aces and Eights right now, and you don't want to give Hogan any reason to believe that you're copying them.
    I haven't been keeping up with the Aces & Eights thing at all anymore because when I was watching it, I felt like it got completely stale and was dragging on - which is completely different from the Shield's progression. The Shield is just a three man unit and less of a clusterfuck so as opposed to being the "taking over WWE" thing that I mentioned, it could be more of them just being a dominant unit that can't be beaten for the WWE title.

    surrender

  6. #6
    Proud Mark Miss HHH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hanging with my friend Mark
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,236

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    The Sheild are the only people he should be feuding with after Ryback. There's no-one else really on that level. They are there ready to be elevated to that next level and a feud with the top guy in the company can get them there.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Sayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,447

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with the Aces & Eights thing at all anymore because when I was watching it, I felt like it got completely stale and was dragging on - which is completely different from the Shield's progression. The Shield is just a three man unit and less of a clusterfuck so as opposed to being the "taking over WWE" thing that I mentioned, it could be more of them just being a dominant unit that can't be beaten for the WWE title.
    Aces and Eights really aren't that bad, if there were better people involved. It did drag for a while, but that's because they wanted to have the big reveal at their first major PPV outside the Impact Zone, which is smart. It's picked up again and they've done a nice job booking them lately, with them taking out every single major babyface on the roster (Angle, Hardy, Storm, Joe, Magnus, Parks) and holding the TNA title hostage. They've booked Hogan to be at a complete loss at all this right now and at the absolute will (until this week, at least) of the Aces and Eights. Sting's going to lose at Slammiversary, and they'll be back at square one and right now, I'm not sure what the payoff is going to be. Some say Hogan vs Bully, but they've included Matt Morgan int this for a reason so he culd be due for a major turn into all this....or will it be Styles, waiting all this time, turning face again, and winning the title at his first opportunity at BFG? They've actually booked it really well lately. And unlike WWE does with a lot of their stories, they took the time to explain every single plot twist in the story.


    The Shield has been booked better, yes, but in it's own way, and I really don't want them to basically become the Aces and Eights on another show.

  8. #8
    Olé Olé Olé Olé! The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,952

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    The idea of giving one of the Shield members the belt is really tricky, because it fucks with the formula of there not being a leader. You can't have one guy be the WWE Champ and not come off as the leader.

    I would honestly prefer for them to just continue doing their own thing, and if they have to be feuding with Cena soon, have it be in the six man format with people like Undertaker and either Triple H or Punk.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    20,898

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Oh man, they need to triple pin and then defend it under the freebird rule.

  10. #10
    Proud Mark Miss HHH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hanging with my friend Mark
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,236

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    The idea of giving one of the Shield members the belt is really tricky, because it fucks with the formula of there not being a leader. You can't have one guy be the WWE Champ and not come off as the leader.

    I would honestly prefer for them to just continue doing their own thing, and if they have to be feuding with Cena soon, have it be in the six man format with people like Undertaker and either Triple H or Punk.
    That's not really a big deal to me. And the fact that Ambrose is the one that is having the high profile matches, shows to me that they know he's the stand out. Ambrose as WWE champion with Rollins and Reigns winning the tag titles wouldn't kill the aura for me.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    I'm up for a Cena/Bryan fued, i think their matches could rival punk & cena's.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Shades of Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,036

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Oh man, they need to triple pin and then defend it under the freebird rule.
    Definitely. I wanted them to hold the tag titles under the freebird rule, but being co-WWE champions would be so much more interesting. I could see the "devious" Teddy Long hooking them up with a title match with that stipulation.

  13. #13
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,985

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss HHH View Post
    That's not really a big deal to me. And the fact that Ambrose is the one that is having the high profile matches, shows to me that they know he's the stand out. Ambrose as WWE champion with Rollins and Reigns winning the tag titles wouldn't kill the aura for me.
    I think many have been reading too much into Ambrose having the two main event matches. I'm sure some in charge are high on him but I don't think it necessarily means they are higher on him than the other two or that he is destined for more success. I think his wrestling style is better suited for these matches the past two weeks, as opposed to striking and highflying style of Rollins and the big man/powerhouse style of Reigns. Also, Ambrose losing in a 7 minute TV match, which is what happened against Taker, is better than someone of Reigns' size doing the same.

    surrender

  14. #14
    Senior Member Bang Bang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,086

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Daniel Bryan but not a comedic DB. Personally I'd prefer he be the guy to take the belt off Cena but something tells me Vince won't ever let him win that belt.

    I'd like to see Cesaro change his gimmick then go at it with Cena. Both are known for strength. Be interesting what they could come up with in the ring.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Jack Nichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,093

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    It sucks that they mishandled Brock Lesnar so badly or I would want to see that for the WWE title.

    I'd like to see Cesaro get pushed to the main event and feud with Cena. The matched would be great.

    Banner Credit: Spike

  16. #16
    Olé Olé Olé Olé! The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,952

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    It sucks that they mishandled Brock Lesnar so badly or I would want to see that for the WWE title.
    They have not mishandled him to the point where a second Cena/Lesnar match would be unappealing. Especially if he beats Triple H this month.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Jack Nichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,093

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Yeah I guess I agree, but it seems there are a lot of "rematch" haters lately.

    I wouldn't have a problem with it and think it could be the best Cena feud in WWE right now. More Heyman.

    Banner Credit: Spike

  18. #18
    Olé Olé Olé Olé! The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,952

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Well, also remember two things...

    1. I wouldn't want to see Cena/Lesnar at WrestleMania, which is where the rematches people complained about took place.

    2. The first Cena/Rock and HHH/Lesnar were both inferior to the first Cena/Brock match.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  19. #19
    Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,134

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss HHH View Post
    That's not really a big deal to me. And the fact that Ambrose is the one that is having the high profile matches, shows to me that they know he's the stand out. Ambrose as WWE champion with Rollins and Reigns winning the tag titles wouldn't kill the aura for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I think many have been reading too much into Ambrose having the two main event matches. I'm sure some in charge are high on him but I don't think it necessarily means they are higher on him than the other two or that he is destined for more success. I think his wrestling style is better suited for these matches the past two weeks, as opposed to striking and highflying style of Rollins and the big man/powerhouse style of Reigns. Also, Ambrose losing in a 7 minute TV match, which is what happened against Taker, is better than someone of Reigns' size doing the same.
    I half-wonder if it's a deliberate attempt on the part of the WWE to establish Ambrose as 'not the weak link.'

    Rollins is the high flyer, Reigns is obviously the muscle guy, which makes Dean Ambrose... what? He doesn't twist people into pretzels like Finlay and Regal used to do, if you say he's the brawler then that means he does what Reigns does but not as well.

    Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

  20. #20
    The Lovable Rascal Bender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    OH-IO!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,833

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    He's the brains of the operation. Reigns is the muscle and Rollins is the speedster.

    It occurs to me that Punk is taking time off at just the right time for his character. Cena reigns over the WWE and all those things he had talked about changing, remain the same.
    Do I sound angry or something?

  21. #21

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    After Cena's momentum coming from Wrestlemania XXIX, he should be booked for high profile matches (potential feud with Lesnar and Undertaker), Ryback, and possibly the Shield.

    Although individual Shield members are currently unready to carry the Championship, within a year or so, they will be. Ambrose, for example, winning the title can be magic. It may plunge the Shield into a civil war. It's something the nWo could have executed better in the late 90's with Hollywood/Wolf Pac feud.
    You can say that you specialize but Eris will optimize.

  22. #22
    Olé Olé Olé Olé! The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,952

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    He's the brains of the operation. Reigns is the muscle and Rollins is the speedster.

    It occurs to me that Punk is taking time off at just the right time for his character. Cena reigns over the WWE and all those things he had talked about changing, remain the same.
    He had given up on the change once he turned heel, though. And turning him face to go against John Cena probably wouldn't work as well the second time around (not that I wouldn't want to see it again down the line).

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    953

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    Triple threat with Bryan and Kane. One on one matches against Bryan, Amrbose, Rollins, Henry, and Sheamus. I'd also like to see Punk find some way back into the title scene that isn't a mere singles feud with Cena.

  24. #24
    Ambassador of Asgard thedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,280

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    John Cena vs Daniel Bryan and John Cena vs Damien Sandow. Both would make for entertaining feuds if done right.

    -Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

  25. #25
    just a plain cunt Waffle Circus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RI
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,592

    Default Re: Assuming we're in for a long John Cena reign...

    I think his feuds should take a back seat to whatever the Shield is doing this summer. Let the Shield main event the PPV's and have the WWE title matches take a back seat to them. Cena will draw with his fans none the less and will continue winning for quite a while. Feed him Henry, Sheumus, or maybe even Show for the millionth time. Everything Cena does has become so redundant in my mind. Let the Shield be the stars. Then when Punk returns we can do the usual end of summer awesomely fun Punk/Cena feud for the 3rd year in a row.

    Ehh... fuck it have Ryback kill take the strap off him at Extreme Rules. Be a hell of a lot more interesting.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •