Thread: MVP coming back?

Default MVP coming back?

The wwefannation youtube channel featured MVP's entrance video yesterday, I know we shouldn't read much into it but could it be a hint they are in talks or perhaps he's already back? Rumors of his return was surfacing along with others during the Royal Rumble match. If they bring him back hopefully they push him to a world title shot at some point and not just stick him back in the midcard which is so overloaded with misused talent and guys that were around when he left.
    Cena's Posse - Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Big E

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: MVP coming back?

It's because they added him to WWE.com's Alumni page.

They've also added numerous TNA roster members to their Alumni page recently, so yeah, I wouldn't read too much into this.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

What does everyone see in MVP? He was okay sure but nothing particularly spectacular about him. And yes he's gone to Japan and whatnot since but so did Albert and it didn't help him much when he came back.

He's too old to be worth pushing to the main event of they do bring him back. Plus it'd never happen considering his convictions. At best he'd be a mid-card jobber.

TNA should look at him though, if he went there I'd probably be inclined to check out the show more often.

This is from his twitter:

So I'd say he has no immediate plans to return, unless he's playing everyone.

Cheers Macho

Diva of Destruction

Spoiler

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

He's not just been added to the alumni though. His page links directly to the Active Superstars page once accessed, and he's also Superstar of the Day.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Love the smell of napalm Slushy's Avatar

HE'S COMING!

Banned

MVP was without question one of the most over superstars on the roster prior to his leaving. Look up videos of the Raws he appeared on before he left. He was receiving among the biggest, if not THE biggest, crowd pops and name chants of the night - no exaggeration. And that was despite being under-utilized.

The WWE failed to capitalize on MVP when he was in his prime. At his current age, I doubt he will be booked in the main event.

I never saw what the big deal was about MVP, all I remember is a flashy entrance and an average overdrive finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    He's not just been added to the alumni though. His page links directly to the Active Superstars page once accessed, and he's also Superstar of the Day.
    Superstar of the Day also means absolutely nothing, and what do you mean about active superstars? He's not listed there, he's listed under Alumni.

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Huh. For some reason ALL the Alumni pages link back to the main roster instead of the Alumni section.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Oh, I see what you mean.

Yeah, I think they're all under "Superstars" now. Even the HOFers.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    I never saw what the big deal was about MVP, all I remember is a flashy entrance and an average overdrive finisher.
    this.

oh and he let benoit actually go over him at wm with the flying headbutt.

decent talker though.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

I don't know I don't think he was that bad. If he was to make a come back I don't think they will push him to main event and age has notting to do with it. I mean come on Rock older then he is and I'am not saying that he's at the same lever as the Rock just saying about age.

The whole age argument is ridiculous. If a guy is older and on fire he will get pushed.

Whats with everybody wanting everyone pushed to the main event level. Its not for every wrestler. That's why wrestling is so watered down nowadays.

Banner Credit: Spike

The match I just want to see is MVP vs. Daniel Bryan. Both men were inspired by Benoit so much. Benoit is why MVP originally became a wrestler, and when he was an indy wrestler, MVP's finisher was the cross face. Bryan's got both the flying headbutt and cross face. You just know it'll be a good stiff technical match.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

I thought he became a wrestler because he was a convicted felon and had no other options...

Banner Credit: Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    The whole age argument is ridiculous. If a guy is older and on fire he will get pushed.
    I'm with you on this, age means nothing if your in shape and can still go in the ring on a regular basis.

With that said I'd be all for MVP returning to the WWE.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    What does everyone see in MVP? He was okay sure but nothing particularly spectacular about him. And yes he's gone to Japan and whatnot since but so did Albert and it didn't help him much when he came back.
    That's because WWE dropped the ball with the Lord Tensai deal. Had he just come back and wrestled as he did in Japan, he would've been much better off. Instead, they gave him the stereotypical Japanese gimmick & a painfully slow wrestling style. Once he dropped all that and became more of himself inside the ring, when given time, he killed it. He & Sheamus had some awesome matches a while back as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    That's because WWE dropped the ball with the Lord Tensai deal. Had he just come back and wrestled as he did in Japan, he would've been much better off. Instead, they gave him the stereotypical Japanese gimmick & a painfully slow wrestling style. Once he dropped all that and became more of himself inside the ring, when given time, he killed it. He & Sheamus had some awesome matches a while back as a result.
    Agreed with this completely. As Giant Bernard, he was fucking awesome. Same for MVP in New Japan. It's just a shame Albert had the shitty Tensai gimmick to work with. It was obvious that wasn't going to work.

you're a flower, you're a river, you're a rainbow...

I didn't care for MVP a whole lot when he was around but today I think he would be a welcome addition because he would stand out a lot more compared with a lot of these blander looking guys. When he was sent to Raw back around 2009 he was really popular and I thought that they were possibly positioning him for a feud with Randy Orton. Never happened though.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Thread Information