Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrestlemania XXX John Cena or Ryback vs Undertaker

Default Wrestlemania XXX John Cena or Ryback vs Undertaker

Regarding Taker defending The Streak at WrestleMania XXX in 2014, there is already talk of Ryback getting the shot but some feel that John Cena would get the best reaction as far as the match itself goes.
    Discuss
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: Wrestlemania XXX John Cena or Ryback vs Undertaker

I really want Cena/Taker already.

Would Cena really benefit from a Taker match though?
    - Credit: Bender -

Enough of this. If Cena/Taker doesn't go down it would be by far the biggest missed oppourtunity in years. Plus, does anyone really believe that they'd give the streak to Ryback? I'm not saying Cena would get it but he's a hell of a lot more likely then Ryback.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...51#post4072951

If it's Taker's last Mania, then Cena definitely. If he sticks around for a few more years, then anyone but Ryback. I don't hate ryback, but I don't want him against Taker. and honestly, unless he had Heyman as a manager, Ryback wouldn't be able to properly feud with Taker.

Banned

Ryback? I don't want to see Taker have to settle for defeating a second tier star two years in a row. And at least Punk just came off a long title reign and two consecutive matches with The Rock (though who knows how Ryback's career will have progressed by next year, but meh.) Time to add a bigger name to his immortal streak, like Brock Lesnar or John Cena (the latter only if he retires, which I think is plausible next year.)

I think cause it's mania 30...it should be Cena, for 31 then Ryback if they still wanna go with him...I just found it interesting how they're suggesting Ryback for such a huge match with the way his matches have been going so far...I can't the remember the last time he actually won at a PPV

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriofan View Post
    I think cause it's mania 30...it should be Cena, for 31 then Ryback if they still wanna go with him...I just found it interesting how they're suggesting Ryback for such a huge match with the way his matches have been going so far...I can't the remember the last time he actually won at a PPV
    He's currently 0-8 for big matches (soon to be 0-9, probably lol.)

I don't think they're stupid enough to have it be Ryback, but you never know.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

just a plain cunt Waffle Circus's Avatar

If the plan is to end the streak then I'd go with Ryback. If its so Taker can go 22-0 then I'd want it to be Cena. I see nothing beneficial in Cena being the one to end the streak.

It wouldn't benefit them to have Cena end the streak no...but it would draw big time and the match itself probably be better than Rock/Cena but then I don't think that'd be too hard

Love the smell of napalm Slushy's Avatar

They must be trolling having Ryback's name in there.

I think Taker should win at this point, because I think they've made it clear that they have no intention of ever turning John Cena heel.

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I dunno if Cena winning would turn him heel...unless he did a heel move but I think him winning would have the crowd boo him regardless of a heel move or not

I know thats not exactly what you said but it's what you were getting at right?

Banned

Pretty obvious Cena will get the match.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I think Taker should win at this point, because I think they've made it clear that they have no intention of ever turning John Cena heel.
    That's because Cena is already heel. Not sure why people don't get that.

So they try their hardest to fuck up Ryback and now they're thinking about putting him against Taker at WM 30?

This is how I see this year going.

Taker has already wrestled his farewell matches in the UK against potentially big stars in the company's future.

Wrestles one last match at SummerSlam, against Ryback.

Wrestles one last match at Survivor Series, hopefully in one last gimmick match. Could be a casket match. This is a must if it's his last year as it's the show he debuted on.

Enters the Royal Rumble one last time but is eliminated by John Cena.

Faces off against John Cena at WrestleMania in his last ever match.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriofan View Post
    I dunno if Cena winning would turn him heel...unless he did a heel move but I think him winning would have the crowd boo him regardless of a heel move or not

I know thats not exactly what you said but it's what you were getting at right?
    Depends on how they do it. It could be a turn if done properly.

But as I said, I think it's a moot point anyway. They gave the detractors the ultimate "Fuck you, we're not turning him" with the WrestleMania 29 ending.

HAYZE

Banned

You turn Cena "heel", then what? He gets booed? He already gets booed. You make his character edgier, he might get less boos...which is actually more of a face turn. This is why I say he's already a heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Greene View Post
    You turn Cena "heel", then what? He gets booed? He already gets booed. You make his character edgier, he might get less boos...which is actually more of a face turn. This is why I say he's already a heel.
    The WWE books him as a face. Michael Cole, the voice of the WWE, the narrator of Raw and Smackdown, talks about him as if he is a face. He's a face.

Crowd reaction does not make one a heel because they are getting booed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I agree with you. Plus, I may be committing a sin as a wrestling fan, but I have always felt Cena beating Taker via heel turn is ALOT more appealing than Taker beating Cena. Taker beating Cena is boring. Cena getting dirty over the course of the match sounds alot more appealing. It may still happen. I didn't want Cena turning heel on Rock anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    This is how I see this year going.

Taker has already wrestled his farewell matches in the UK against potentially big stars in the company's future.

Wrestles one last match at SummerSlam, against Ryback.

Wrestles one last match at Survivor Series, hopefully in one last gimmick match. Could be a casket match. This is a must if it's his last year as it's the show he debuted on.

Enters the Royal Rumble one last time but is eliminated by John Cena.

Faces off against John Cena at WrestleMania in his last ever match.
    I want this to happen exactly like that except maybe Ambrose instead of Ryback at Summerslam.

It should be Cena vs Taker. Taker is still in good shape but you never know when someone who is close to his 50's and has been wrestling for three decades is going to have to retire. So even if it is in the plans to have him stick around past WM30, they should still try to do the WM match with Cena as soon as possible before the opportunity isn't there anymore. With that said, I do think the plan is to make WM30 his last match and that's why he's doing this farewell run of sorts.

And I don't think the fans would really buy that Ryback is going to beat Taker, where as with Cena they could instill that 1% feeling of doubt since he's WWE's golden boy/"superman."

surrender

Banned

From the point of trying to draw as much money as possible, I think Cena would be perfect. But according to the statistics, wouldn't Lesnar be a bigger draw than even Cena? And yes, I know the WWE is probably going to have Rock vs Lesnar, but it's fun to talk about.

Personally, I'd rather see Lesnar and Taker kick each others ass, even if we've already seen it, times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Ryback? I don't want to see Taker have to settle for defeating a second tier star two years in a row. And at least Punk just came off a long title reign and two consecutive matches with The Rock (though who knows how Ryback's career will have progressed by next year, but meh.) Time to add a bigger name to his immortal streak, like Brock Lesnar or John Cena (the latter only if he retires, which I think is plausible next year.)
    I must Disagreed with you about Punk I may not be his biggest fan but There no way he at the lever of Ryback hes up there with Cena, Rock.

As far as WM XXX I want Cena over anybody else but if not Cena Then maybe a member of the Shiled they already done more then Ryback and I don't like Ambrose at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah89 View Post
    The WWE books him as a face. Michael Cole, the voice of the WWE, the narrator of Raw and Smackdown, talks about him as if he is a face. He's a face.
    And just calling him a face doesn't make him one either. He bullies people, betrays his best friend, gets booed everywhere he goes. He's a classic example of a heel. Pretending he is a face doesn't change anything from my point of view.

Thread Information