Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raw pre-show to begin this Summer

Default Raw pre-show to begin this Summer

PWTorch:

[Starting this summer, WWE will air a 30-minute Raw pre-show on Yahoo, reports Variety.

The new online pre-show is part of an exclusive content deal with Yahoo, which will now be WWE's "premiere global video distribution partner."

Yahoo, WWE executive Stephanie McMahon, and Big Show announced official details of their partnership Monday in New York. The content agreement includes:

- Raw's 30-minute pre-show.

- Yahoo will create a "dedicated hub" for WWE video on their website.

- WWE will create "two weekly series of 50 episodes per year to be produced exclusively for distribution on Yahoo."

- Yahoo will release "short-form clips from all WWE television programs," which is currently how WWE distributes matches and segments on YouTube.

- Yahoo will have access to all of WWE's video library, which is described as "exclusive access to WWE’s archives of historical full matches,
    I liked the idea of pre-shows before PPVs, but does Raw really need one?

-surrender-

Banned

Default Re: Raw pre-show to begin this Summer

Raw doesn't. Its kinda stupid. Atleast they could use it to show all the videos they usually show.

No, no it doesn't.

As someone who lives in Canada, we get a pre-show/recap show of sorts before Monday Night Raw as it is so they can air Raw on a fifteen minute delay and I hate that so I can't see myself watching a thirty minute pre-show for Raw.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

3.5 hours of WWE entertainment. You can count me out on that.

3 hours already feels like over the top. To watch 3.5 hours of raw every Monday is just insane.

I'll get a spoon. Ready to eat this UP.

Phew, I was really concerned there wasn't enough RAW on tv right now. Please add a post show, then a recap/analysis show the next day

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Prepare yourselves. By 2018, RAW will be a 24 hour broadcast.
    baboosh

Banned

Maybe next the pre-shows themselves will have pre-shows.

Wait, why are we complaining about this? A thirty-minute pre-show will likely be focused on recaps, previews of the night's planned matches, and maybe have an additional match. And it's online, meaning it's not on TV and easily skipped. It is what it is, and I'm not going to complain about an additional 30 minutes of online content.

However, the real story is Yahoo having a WWE Hub, access to the archives, and two WWE-produced programs. That's pretty big, and it'll be interesting to see what they're putting forward. This may be a window into what will be on WWE Network if/when they ever manage to launch it. Furthermore, this is a huge move for Yahoo, who has kinda been fading into obscurity ever since Google decided to take over the world.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

That's what RAW needs, an extra 30mins. I get that it can be 'easily skipped' but I just wish they'd work on improving RAW rather than adding unnecessary programming.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Maybe next the pre-shows themselves will have pre-shows.
    Pre-show-ception.

Anyway, yeah, I won't be watching this. I'm interested in the original series, though.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    A thirty-minute pre-show will likely be focused on recaps, previews of the night's planned matches, and maybe have an additional match. And it's online, meaning it's not on TV and easily skipped. It is what it is, and I'm not going to complain about an additional 30 minutes of online content.
    They are still going to continue to fill up Raw with video packages and recaps, though. In addition to that, this might preshow will be one more thing that gets recapped on Raw, assuming there is a match and/or segment on the preshow. So this is just a case of WWE having so much programming time, but not utilizing it in the best way possible.

If they actually used this to cut back on the recaps and video packages that air during Raw, I'd say it's a positive. But I doubt that would happen.

surrender

No thank you. Raw is unbearable as it is with 3 hours. Why do they think they need this much exposure? I know its optional and not really a big deal but come on guys, really?
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

I highly doubt WWE is going to recap the results of jobber matches on the weekly pre-show.

I'm not expecting WWE to cut back on anything on the shows. I'm just saying there's no use complaining about something that'll likely be a whole lot of nothing, but helps WWE build a presence on Yahoo. If it doesn't impact Raw in any way, positively or negatively, then why should we care?

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    I highly doubt WWE is going to recap the results of jobber matches on the weekly pre-show.
    They want people to tune in to the preshow, so if there is a match, it'll probably be something a more than jobber matches...at least for the first few weeks.

surrender

Cody Rhodes isnt Stardust SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

This is a bad idea. They have to much programming time as it is. No need for another 30 minutes.

I will only tune into this if they have a good match or segment announced for it before hand.

surrender

So, how long before WWE has some form of television for every hour of every day?

Come on complain and cry some more. I love the taste of your tears. I love this and is why I love Yahoo so much. Been loyal to Yahoo forever and now comes one of the best payoffs ever. I enjoy their current product, and this is coming from an original fan from back in the early 80's and a huge attitude era buff. And not to mention the fact that some of you seem to think this partnership is just about some pre-show is laughable. Its just a sweet little bonus for hardcore fans like myself who use Yahoo and to get other hardcore fans to start using Yahoo while at the same time exposing their product to the millions world wide that use it who don't watch WWE. This is a very smart move and I am behind it 100%. So yeah, complain and cry some more. I am happy and all you negative people's tears just make it oh so much more savory. YES!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

^ I've seen WWE marks and TNA marks... but a Yahoo mark?

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    That's what RAW needs, an extra 30mins. I get that it can be 'easily skipped' but I just wish they'd work on improving RAW rather than adding unnecessary programming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven* View Post
    3.5 hours of WWE entertainment. You can count me out on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Prepare yourselves. By 2018, RAW will be a 24 hour broadcast.

This IS going overboard. I liked the pre-show at WM because it felt special, but of course the company has to take something and run it into the ground. This preshow stuff for RAW isn't going to all of a sudden make people want to see RAW more.

I get it for the ppv to hype impulse buys, but for RAW with its abundant recaps every commercial break?
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Banned

I actually love bad ideas like this. Business will keep going down and at some point someone is gonna have to make changes. It's funny, I can see them pushing Vince out like HHH did two years ago kayfabe wise. The old man really has no idea how to properly run a wrestling business anymore.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Greene View Post
    I actually love bad ideas like this. Business will keep going down and at some point someone is gonna have to make changes. It's funny, I can see them pushing Vince out like HHH did two years ago kayfabe wise. The old man really has no idea how to properly run a wrestling business anymore.
    Business is going to go down because of an optional half hour preshow on Yahoo?
    Last edited by The Champ; 05-01-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Yup, they're going to lose SO MUCH MONEY.

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Business is going to go down because of an optional half hour preshow on Yahoo?
    I never said that. They have made shit decisions for years now and it's costing them. Not gonna stop anytime soon from the look of it.

Thread Information