Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Cesaro

Default Antonio Cesaro

What's up with this yodeling shit? Are people enjoying it? It's striking me as forced and kind of awkward.

Next overseas tour this dude needs to dip into his bank account and reminds us all who the most money making man in all of professional wrestling is. And he needs to dust off his wacky Cap'n Crunch suits. Maybe he should win the Money in the Bank or take the Million Dollar title off Ted Jr or who ever has that awesome prop.

Thanks to Tom~! for the Banner

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Default Re: Antonio Cesaro.

I would absolutely love for Cesaro to be pushed to the moon as a serious threat, but it seems as if the E has a different take on him.

Hopefully, he will be the next Ziggler (jobber turned main eventer), but I doubt it.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Huge, huge fan! He's definitely one of the best workers in the company (I'd say top 5).

Plus, he's managed to make European uppercuts cool again – and can hit them from absolutely anywhere!

I think he has the potential to be a big star, but I'm not hopeful that WWE will book him in the right way for that to happen (the fact that he has started yodelling doesn't really bode well!)

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I think Vince has a hard time pushing guys that aren't American...when was the last time a non American got a huge push...Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, and Jericho, all Canada guys?

Guys from places like Europe or Japan or any other over seas place don't really ever get booked right.

The only thing Vince sees when it comes to foreign talent is Anti American heels, and sadly this is why I think Cesaro won't catch a break.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Sheamus didn't do too shabby...

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    True, but isn't he good friends with HHH?

I'm just sayin usually Vince doesn't seem to push guys from over seas all that well.

Nor did Alberto Del Rio.

I vaguely recall but could be wrong about there being a lot of buzz about Regal, up until his second violation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 2 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall, with special guest EasyRider

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    And that's surprising cause Cesaro is a hell of a lot easier to understand than Sheamus.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Nor did Alberto Del Rio.
    Yeah, I thought about him too...but that's why I was saying straight over sea's guys don't get booked right usually.

Canadians have had great pushes and Del Rio with them trying to capitalize on the Latino demographic, had a great push.

But not too many guys from over sea's ever really do.

Proportionally, I believe they do. There are far more US wrestlers than there are non-Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Proportionally, I believe they do. There are far more US wrestlers than there are non-Americans.
    Really?

I dunno about that, because think about it, out of all of the non American-Over Sea's imports that have ever worked in the WWE how many of them have ever won the WWE title?

Sheamus is all I can think of off the top of my head in moderen times.

Hell even Andre was only champion for a few minutes, but that's it.

They've always seemed extreamly biased against over sea's talent in the WWE, always making them America hating bad guys for the most part.

im angry at how his title reign ended. He had an anti American gimmick so the eventual winner needed to be an American hero... i know Kofi is basically American but he's billed from Africa... and there was no build up at all! What a wasted opportunity to start pushing a new star.

Now Cesaro's a jobber with a stupid yodeling gimmick

I don't mind the guy it just I don't like how they build him up. Like he is able to pick up these big guy with that move of his. I did get a kick out of the fact that nobody from the US would take that Title from him only to have somebody from Africa that it.

Banned

When the thread maker made this thread Cesaro was pretty awesome. But now I have lost a lot off interest in the guy. He just seems too be involved in filler matches these days. And honestly I don't see much hope for him at this moment off time.
    Update: I posted in the original cesaro thread.

Default Re: Antonio Cesaro

Cesaro granted his first wishes for the Make a Wish Foundation while they were in Switzerland.

He's also been named WWE's Make a Wish Ambassador for Switzerland.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Cesaro granted his first wishes for the Make a Wish Foundation while they were in Switzerland.

He's also been named WWE's Make a Wish Ambassador for Switzerland.
    That gives me hope that his shitty treatment lately does not mean he is on his way out.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Banned

Is this yodeling shit really a gimmick? I just thought he did for one night on Raw (and had no idea what he was doing...) I hear Vince isn't high on him and might have backstage heat so maybe this is punishment.

Banned

To me Cesaro seems like he is forcing his gimmick. He isn't portraying his true self, instead just trying to make the gimmick work which in my view hurts him. He is(was) one of my favorite wrestlers on the roster when he got to showcase his amazing strength and ability to sell a match. He was on a roll but it seems like they cut his legs out from underneath him.

He doesn't have enough, get this... attitude.

Still think he is one of the best workers on the roster. Certainly better than Zack Ryder or Kofi Kingston or Ryback. Just not enough personality, or what I believe, not showing enough personality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    I think Vince has a hard time pushing guys that aren't American...when was the last time a non American got a huge push...Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, and Jericho, all Canada guys?

Guys from places like Europe or Japan or any other over seas place don't really ever get booked right.

The only thing Vince sees when it comes to foreign talent is Anti American heels, and sadly this is why I think Cesaro won't catch a break.
    You already mentioned Bret Hart and Benoit but how about the Iron Shiek, Putski, Tito Santana, Ivan Koloff. Hell Bruno's success is largely due to the high number of Italian immigrents in New York at the time.

I really don't think Vince has a cultural or racial issue with superstars. It's a matter of who's right for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Velvet View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You already mentioned Bret Hart and Benoit but how about the Iron Shiek, Putski, Tito Santana, Ivan Koloff. Hell Bruno's success is largely due to the high number of Italian immigrents in New York at the time.

I really don't think Vince has a cultural or racial issue with superstars. It's a matter of who's right for the job.
    Shiek was only a transitional champ for Hogan after Backlund.

Bruno was Italian American and his New York roots were always heavily promoted.

Tito never won the WWE title, and I don't think Putski ever did either.

I'm not saying if the right guy came along Vince wouldn't push him all the way to the top , I'm just saying he doesn't have a good track record of doing that especially with guys from over sea's, they're usually just made to be one deminsional anti american bad guys.

Just because they weren't WWE Champion doesn't mean they weren't pushed to the top level. There are plenty of main eventers who haven't been WWE Champion.

Sure, there isn't a wealth of main event level talent from overseas, but that is because, as I said, WWE doesn't have proportionally many overseas talent compared to those from USA/Canada/Mexico.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    Shiek was only a transitional champ for Hogan after Backlund.

Bruno was Italian American and his New York roots were always heavily promoted.

Tito never won the WWE title, and I don't think Putski ever did either.

I'm not saying if the right guy came along Vince wouldn't push him all the way to the top , I'm just saying he doesn't have a good track record of doing that especially with guys from over sea's, they're usually just made to be one deminsional anti american bad guys.
    I see your point and agree to a certain extent. I just don't think he pushes Americans soley because they are Americans over more talented people. You've already listed multiple examples in your initial reply which refutes that. So I'm not sure his (Antonio Cesaro) success relies on his nationality.

Perhaps it's a case of a great worker with little personality. (IMO)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way I much prefer Cesaro over Kofi, Ryback, R-Truth, Ryder, Langston, ziggler, Rhodes, etc, any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

- There has been a lot of head-scratching over the way Antonio Cesaro has been booked lately, from a series of losses to dropping the United States Title after previously being booked strong.

It’s said that Cesaro has not done anything to be in WWE’s doghouse and isn’t considered to be. Cesaro’s booking was explained by a source as just the way WWE creative and production changes from week to week these days. WWE officials really are going back and forth from week to week on who they want to push and who they don’t want to push

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-new...#ixzz2Rx7Sw4JA

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    WWE officials really are going back and forth from week to week on who they want to push and who they don’t want to push
    It's not hard to believe this. Kofi was doing little but losing the majority of his matches just before winning the title, so it's clear that they have no set plan for a lot of the midcarders. And you can see from this week's Raw how all over the place they are, with guys who have been jobbing a ton like Cody suddenly going back 6 months to having competitive matches with Orton, and even Ryder putting up a little bit of a fight against Swagger. All this stopping and starting is completely counterproductive though.

Completely counterproductive for long-term star building, but effective for keeping everyone on relatively the same level and making things "unpredictable" in the short term. And for the record, I hate unpredictability for unpredictability's sake. Tell a great story, and if it has an amazing ending that fans aren't expecting, do it; but don't sacrifice a good story just to throw in some twists and turns.

Then again, it's not like WWE spends much time telling stories anymore, anyway.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Thread Information