Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NXT Coming to U.S. Television This Fall

Default NXT Coming to U.S. Television This Fall

- WWE officials are planning on bringing NXT’s TV show to the United States beginning this fall. The idea is to use the show as a way to introduce the developmental talents to WWE’s TV audience, similar to the last ECW TV program was done.

The plan is for NXT, which currently airs overseas, to remain one-hour on American TV. WWE officials are high on the idea of making another $100,000 per week without any extra costs because NXT is already being taped.

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling...rican-tv-soon/

FINALLY! Best wrestling show today.
    LETS GO XENA! XENA SUCKS!

/r/womenswrestling

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

Default Re: NXT Coming to U.S. Television This Fall

Thank you wwe. You finally did something good.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

"similar to ECW"... YES!

Honestly have been too lazy to hunt for NXT online, so I'm happy to see I can finally watch it on TV soon. Which is actually kinda funny for me to say...

I like what I saw on U Tube so I know I love seeing it on TV. The only thing I don't get thought is even with every thats vote off they still end up working for WWE down the road IMO if you are going to do that then give the Winner something. If they do already I'am sorry I have never seen the end of a season so I don't know for sure.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I subscribed to Hulu Plus just so i could watch NXT. Fuck yes, WWE!
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

- As noted earlier, The Herald in Ireland reported that WWE has signed Irish women's wrestler Rebecca Knox to a developmental deal. Sheamus commented on her signing, writing on his Twitter, "Massive Congrats 2 @wwegifts who just signed with the WWE.Really looking forward to seeing her & @WWEGIFTS tear it up in a WWE ring!"
    - The Wall Street Journal has a sports podcast, and the hosts discussed Wrestlemania 29 on the latest episode. One of the hosts had attended event, and gave his thoughts on the experience. He noted that the matches were the most boring part of the event. American Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper columnist Eugene Robinson was also on the podcast, and noted that he attended WrestleMania 5 in Atlantic City, but only remembered RUN DMC performing. You can listen to it here, the wrestling talk starts at the 20:40 mark and lasts for more than 10 minutes.

- While this piece of trivia may be a little outdated, wwegifts.com reader Rick Lawanson pointed out that Brock Lesnar's wife, Rena "Sable" Mero, made her WWE debut at WrestleMania 12 as Triple H's valet. That event was also The Game's WrestleMania debut.

- Top Rope Pro Wrestling announced that WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will headline "The Shawn Michaels Experience" on Saturday, Aug 31st at 4 p.m. The event includes a fan Q&A session in which Michaels will talk about his Hall of Fame career, and a VIP Meet and Greet where fans can get an 8 x 10 signed photo and a photo with Michaels. You can get more details or purchase tickets here.

@WWEGIFTS contributed to this article. Follow Raj Giri on Twitter at @WWEGIFTS. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.

Quote Originally Posted by LTS View Post
    I like what I saw on U Tube so I know I love seeing it on TV. The only thing I don't get thought is even with every thats vote off they still end up working for WWE down the road IMO if you are going to do that then give the Winner something. If they do already I'am sorry I have never seen the end of a season so I don't know for sure.
    That's the old NXT. They don't hold competitions or shit like that anymore. NXT now is basically just another brand with their own titles that stars the developmental talent as well as some main roster people on occasion.

/r/womenswrestling

You should check it out. There's a lot of good prospects. Bray Wyatt, Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero), Adrian Neville (PAC), Connor O'Brian, and Paige are all sure to be called up, in my opinion.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Exciting news if it actually happens. It's always been kind of annoying to have to wait until FCW and NXT were uploaded, so I'm glad I'll be able to watch it on TV.

surrender

Does this mean I get to, ahem, enjoy Summer Rae more?

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Does this mean I get to, ahem, enjoy Summer Rae more?
    Is Champ enrolled in Summer School?
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I wonder what this will do for the early character development of main roster debuts.

Will WWE mostly be assuming the majority of the audience is familiar with the characters (if they aren't repackaged) of NXT wrestlers debuting on the main roster? Or will they start from scratch when NXT wrestlers debut on the main roster?

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I wonder what this will do for the early character development of main roster debuts.

Will WWE mostly be assuming the majority of the audience is familiar with the characters (if they aren't repackaged) of NXT wrestlers debuting on the main roster? Or will they start from scratch when NXT wrestlers debut on the main roster?
    They'll definitely have to re-introduce the characters to the American audience, as I doubt that a large percentage of the masses are finding it online every week. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they have to change anyone's characters.

I would expect the usual multitude of recaps.

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    They'll definitely have to re-introduce the characters to the American audience, as I doubt that a large percentage of the masses are finding it online every week. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they have to change anyone's characters.

I would expect the usual multitude of recaps.
    I don't mean whether or not they'll have to re-introduce characters on the NXT programming. For example: just say in the beginning of 2014, which would mean NXT has been airing in the US for a few months by then, WWE decides to take one of the guys who is getting a lot of promos and character development in NXT, and debut him on the main roster. Will they assume people have already been watching his character on NXT, or will they start completely from scratch with the character on the main roster?

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I don't mean whether or not they'll have to re-introduce characters on the NXT programming. For example: just say in the beginning of 2014, which would mean NXT has been airing in the US for a few months by then, WWE decides to take one of the guys who is getting a lot of promos and character development in NXT, and debut him on the main rster. Will they assume people have already been watching his character on NXT, or will they start completely from scratch with the character on the main roster?
    Oh, that's a good question. I don't know.

Hopefully they try to stay somewhat consistent with NXT, so that watching it doesn't feel like a waste of time.

HAYZE

More background noise for me then.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i41/endlessdomi/DomiNate_Fancast_Premiere_Banner_6.png

Tied to the tree of woe WickedOne's Avatar

I like the few shows I have watched online. Hopefully by airing it in the US, they don't change anything, and just leave the show alone. Somehow, I just don't have faith in Vince that he won't want to tinker........

Luke Harper, Percy Watson and OHNO on my TV regularly, give me a hell yeah!!!!!!

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Hopefully the show will feature the Raw Rewind. More Cena will be the best part of it.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

Banned

No interest in this at all. I don't watch NXT and one reason is because I like the mystery of not seeing any of the newcomers until they actually debut on TV for the first time on the main television shows. If there's ever the possibility of someone with a character on NXT who then comes onto Raw and Smackdown and has a completely different gimmick, it kills some of the specialness for me.

STL Cards: 73-63 :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

I am really glad this will finally be on TV in the US. I wonder what channel it will air on.

surrender

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WickedOne View Post
    I like the few shows I have watched online. Hopefully by airing it in the US, they don't change anything, and just leave the show alone. Somehow, I just don't have faith in Vince that he won't want to tinker........
    Basically this. I haven't seen NXT since the Divas season but I understand a big part of why the show is good is that the higher ups generally leave them alone since it's not on TV. If it does go higher profile then all of a sudden management might want to put their own personal touches all over it.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

I'm going to have to stop watching Main Event officially and maybe SD if I'm going to watch this. I don't have time to watch this many damn wrestling shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Here's a random question to the current NXT viewers. Does Bo Dallas still wrestle in NXT or is he stuck on the main roster with no direction?

Bo's in the middle of a feud with his brother Bray Wyatt and the Family.

/r/womenswrestling

Thread Information