Thread: Del Rio/Swagger: Am I the only one impressed

Default Del Rio/Swagger: Am I the only one impressed

I don't think it has been mentioned here before, but those two put on two great matches two weeks in a row. What makes them even better was the reaction of the crowd to both matches. The first had a dead crowd yet I still enjoyed it. The second one had a hot crowd, enjoyed that one too. Wish it was longer though. That's saying a lot seeing that I'm not a fan of either guys.

Default Re: Del Rio/Swagger: Am I the only one impressed

One thing I have noticed that is definately helping is theres less vignettes, less promos so it doesnt feel like as much of a racism fueled feud anymore, if feels more about the World Title and I can kinda ignore the gimmick.

Well if there are less of those terrible promos and awful vignettes, I might actually starting watching this feud

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

Quote Originally Posted by Peepshow View Post
    One thing I have noticed that is definately helping is theres less vignettes, less promos so it doesnt feel like as much of a racism fueled feud anymore, if feels more about the World Title and I can kinda ignore the gimmick.
    Exactly, its the actual wrestling that is impressive. Not the storyline. Kinda looking forward to the triple threat match now, as I know Ziggler is gonna add a different dimension to that match.

Banned

The fued has been built up really well. And they have put on a lot off great matches. And am looking forward too seeing the Triple Threat match at Extreme Rules. And I am hoping the Show Off retains his title.

I like the matchs it just that I cab't get into Swaggler. Its the hole I'am above the rules I can do anything and get away with it. Now that they put Ziggler in the pic its going to get alot better. I also was not one for thouse We The People pomo.

I hope at ER that ADR get the Title back.

Quote Originally Posted by LTS View Post
    I like the matchs it just that I cab't get into Swaggler. Its the hole I'am above the rules I can do anything and get away with it. Now that they put Ziggler in the pic its going to get alot better. I also was not one for thouse We The People pomo.

I hope at ER that ADR get the Title back.
    Ziggler just got the title, I want to see what he can do with it. So I don't want him to lose it this early. I do agree though, ADR should win it back at some point bt not now. Maybe in two or three months time.

They had a really good match on SmackDown by anyone's standards.

Swagger has improved in the ring, there's no question about it. Del Rio was always a strong worker.

Quote Originally Posted by songz4real View Post
    Ziggler just got the title, I want to see what he can do with it. So I don't want him to lose it this early. I do agree though, ADR should win it back at some point bt not now. Maybe in two or three months time.
    Ok you got a point there I just don't want Swaggler to get it or any other kind of push for a long time untill hes prove himself.

I do like the feud but as I have said before, I don't get how Swagger is the heel in this thing. I've also never understood how this angle is "racist". Swagger went after ADR but also took shots at Barrett and Jericho. He's anti-illegal immigrant. Last I checked, that not only isn't a race but is a criminal. Hence, the word "illegal".

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    I do like the feud but as I have said before, I don't get how Swagger is the heel in this thing. I've also never understood how this angle is "racist". Swagger went after ADR but also took shots at Barrett and Jericho. He's anti-illegal immigrant. Last I checked, that not only isn't a race but is a criminal. Hence, the word "illegal".
    Is ADR an "illegal" immigrant though? That's where the concept of a "heel" incurs as far as I'm concerned. The idea of a racists also come from there because he assumes that he is a "criminal" (your words) because he is a "Latino" (Race). If you can convince me ADR is in the US illegally I'll agree with you Sir.

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Swagger clearly used his time off to tone up his ring work. Dutch is probably giving him pointers on how to work more effectively as a heel in the ring too.

I know some people can't look past the gimmick, but he hasn't had a bad match since his return, and actually had a couple you could argue as good to great, so he's doing something right as far as his wrestling is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Their matches have been pretty decent, however it's difficult to care about their feud at all. You know there's a problem when Ricardo and Coulter are way more over than the two guys who were actually fighting for the WHC.

The No DQ match was a good performance, and I'm looking forward to the triple threat at Extreme Rules with Ziggler involved. Can't wait to see what gimmick they add to the match. I really hope it's a ladder match because I think that would be the most fun considering all the other people that will likely be involved in the match (Zeb, AJ, E, RR).

surrender

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

No DQ was excellent. Didn't see the week before, but I enjoyed their WrestleMania match as well.

I have high hopes for the triple threat, has show stealing potential.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Yeah the no DQ match was fun.

I still don't like swagger though. I think 9 times out of 10 he's boring as shit but he did impress on smackdown Friday.

And it is odd to see the American as the heel. Wwe had taught us for years that foreigners were evil fuck-tards.

Banned

Their matches have been okay and gotten gradually better (more proof that WrestleMania never lives up to its potential). I could be more interested though. More of Swagger's off road vehicle might help...

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    No DQ was excellent. Didn't see the week before, but I enjoyed their WrestleMania match as well.

I have high hopes for the triple threat, has show stealing potential.
    Well the one you didn't see was even better imo, best in-ring performance I've seen from both guys this year imo. Pity about that crowd, they didn't deserve a match of that quality.

I enjoyed the no DQ match though I thought Del Rio's cane shots looked kind of weak, loved the finish with the gut-wrench powerbomb keeps things fresh.

I too have really enjoyed ALL aspects of this feud.

Thread Information