Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, who is going to dethrone Cena?

Default So, who is going to dethrone Cena?

With Punk being off television for now and the rumors of Rock's wrestling career being over floating around, who do you guys think will take the title from Cena? Maybe Ryback? Or Lesnar? Or maybe the title will come back to Punk when Punk comes back to wrestling?

Discuss.

Default Re: So, who is going to dethrone Cena?

Seeing as Cena just beat Rock, it would be strange to lose the title one month later to Ryback. I could see it later on maybe but I don't know, Ryback just doesn't seem like the guy to me. I don't think Brock will be around enough to be champion. I really don't know. There aren't to many guys I can see doing it except Punk. Maybe he and Cena go at it at Mania in an iron man match and Punk wins.

I think it will eventually be CM Punk.

I am hoping Punk will return and he and Cena will have one last match for the title at Payback. 2 out of 3 falls. Not just the regular 2 out of 3 falls either, one where each fall is a different match type like HBK/HHH and HHH/Austin.

1st fall Submission
    2nd fall Street Fight
    3rd fall Ladder or Cage

If given 30+ minutes, it could be brilliant. Throw on the fact that they will be in Chicago and you have yourselves a classic. I think this kind of match suits them better than an Iron Man Match, though they could put on an all time classic in either. I really hope this isn't the end for those two, they need one last big final encounter on a PPV before they call it a day on their feud.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

It really would have made for a much more interesting year if they had turned him. I get why they didn't, but I'll be honest, as much as I love the guy, I don't know how interested I'm going to be throughout this reign.

Ryback honestly makes the most sense, which is why I think it's dumb that they're having the match this soon.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Cesaro-just to see him swing Cena into the walls.

Heel Daniel Bryan

Ziggler to unify the titles

Damien Sandow

Cody Rhodes

Roman Reigns with help from the Shield

if it isnt hot shot to the ryback now then get ready for a long fucking wait is all i can say......

and even if it is me thinks cena will get it back by summerslam. of the 12 months of 2013 i expect the majority of them to be cena's has champion.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that probably WWE doesn't even know yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that probably WWE doesn't even know yet.
    Agree with this. Though with the rumors of Brock Lesnar winning the championship possibly make me think they're considering the chance of Lesnar being the guy who takes the title. Maybe that's how the Punk/Brock feud gets started later in the year. Punk returns and says he wants to make it back to the promised land of being WWE Champion but Lesnar just happens to have the title. A feud erupts between them and you can imagine the rest from there.

Ryback should be the guy, but he probably won't be because WWE was stupid and put him against Cena right off the bat. Why couldn't they have made this Henry-Cena for a month or two before moving Ryback in? At least that way, Cena's reign would have had some time to settle in, Ryback could have regained some momentum in jobber squashes, and his heel turn could have been built up more slowly instead of coming out of nowhere.

But what do I know about story writing or wrestling booking? I'm just a fan ....

As for what to do now ... Put it on Ryback. The shock of Cena's reign crashing to a halt so suddenly may actually benefit him. Cena just won the title back after a war with Rock, after achieving his redemption, and then Ryback comes in and destroys him. What better story is there with the way WWE has booked themselves into this corner?

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

In a perfect world it would be The Real American Jack Swagger.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    As for what to do now ... Put it on Ryback. The shock of Cena's reign crashing to a halt so suddenly may actually benefit him. Cena just won the title back after a war with Rock, after achieving his redemption, and then Ryback comes in and destroys him. What better story is there with the way WWE has booked themselves into this corner?
    Then Cena would have to get his redemption yet again, which is not something I'm interested in seeing a month after his last "redemption."

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I'am not sure I don't think its going to Ryback.

This is the way I see it Cena is a 11 time WWE 2 time WHC for a total of 13 World Titles with alot more years to go. He only needs 3 more to tie Flair and 4 more to beat him and I don't think they want Flair's record broke that Why Cena has been so long with out Belt Clause if he kept going he would have pass Flair along time ago and they are treating it like the Streak. So I see Cena holding for a long time then droping and them keeping it off him for awhile.
    Like most of you I see punk or Brock taking it and the one who don't going after the one who does.

Cena going after Flair's record would actually be one of the last truly interesting angles they could do with him. But you're right, I don't think they want him to break it.

Bender

If there is any justice.....SANDOW!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wolfman; 04-25-2013 at 02:11 PM.

I think Cena needs a long title reign first and foremost, I think whoever does beat him needs to be someone elevating not just another already main event player.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKid View Post

Ziggler to unify the titles
    Imo this is who it should be. With the end of the brand split, they need to unify the belts. It's better to have a wider pool of contenders gunning for one belt, than to have one belt set aside for Cena/Punk and one for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Peepshow View Post
    I think Cena needs a long title reign first and foremost, I think whoever does beat him needs to be someone elevating not just another already main event player.

What the year-long title reign in 2006-07 wasn't enough?

Quote Originally Posted by gl83 View Post
    What the year-long title reign in 2006-07 wasn't enough?
    That's simplifying the situation. We just had a period where Cena wasn't WWE champion for over 18 months. A significant period with the title isn't uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

Hmmmmmmm

It won't be Ryback, his heel turn currently seems underwhelming. It won't be Big Show or Mark Henry as they both largely compete in the world heavyweight championship scene and really don't need the bump from beating Cena. Cesaro and Barrett both need some significant building up to seem even remotely acceptable as challengers never mind victors against Cena. Brock's possible but he is still part time and that would mean Cena losing the belt for a transitional reign. Punk is coming off of the back of a long reign with the belt and really he doesn't need it any more to make whatever he does relevent. Save Punk vs Cena until Wrestlemania.

My guess therefore would be a newly turned Orton, a newly turned Seamus or a member of the Shield if they keep their momentum going.

Final guess: Undertaker at Elimination Chamber. Give Taker the belt for one last run, him holding the belt would make the match less predictable than if Cena were holding it going into Wrestlemania.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmmmmm

It won't be Ryback, his heel turn currently seems underwhelming. It won't be Big Show or Mark Henry as they both largely compete in the world heavyweight championship scene and really don't need the bump from beating Cena. Cesaro and Barrett both need some significant building up to seem even remotely acceptable as challengers never mind victors against Cena. Brock's possible but he is still part time and that would mean Cena losing the belt for a transitional reign. Punk is coming off of the back of a long reign with the belt and really he doesn't need it any more to make whatever he does relevent. Save Punk vs Cena until Wrestlemania.

My guess therefore would be a newly turned Orton, a newly turned Seamus or a member of the Shield if they keep their momentum going.

Final guess: Undertaker at Elimination Chamber. Give Taker the belt for one last run, him holding the belt would make the match less predictable than if Cena were holding it going into Wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    That's simplifying the situation. We just had a period where Cena wasn't WWE champion for over 18 months. A significant period with the title isn't uncalled for.
    Due to the fact that his character is bland and boring and isn't going anywhere no he doesnt need a long reign again. Its a terrible idea.

Unless his character has a massive change there is no reason whatsoever for him to have the title for a long period of time.

I used to think it would be Ryback but they have made a total joke.

Thanks Bender

Dean Ambrose, hopefully.

I'd love it if D Bryan did it though.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    Dean Ambrose, hopefully.

I'd love it if D Bryan did it though.
    I agree with Ambrose...I'm ready for a full on Shield takeover of WWE.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Either a member of The Shield, or somebody like Barrett, Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, etc.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 2: We Are The Champions
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

An idea...

Remember back in the day, before WCW took the world by storm with the nWo, they were running with Surfer Sting as top dog, and were bringing in guy after guy to throw at Sting to get Sting over? Maybe WWE should do that, but with the intent of getting THEM over.

Lets say, Vince shows up, he wants to "Inject some fresh blood into the title picture", and says for as long as John Cena is champion, the only people who can challenge for the belt have to be people who have never held the WWE Championship before. So, every month or two, Cena would begin a new feud with a new face to the main event picture, give said guy a chance to show what he could do in the main picture, then Cena moves on to someone else while that other guy moves onto something worthwhile or not based on his performances with Cena.

Then again, I use my brain, so what do I know about booking WWE?
    If you really want to speak to me, I'm not hard to find.

Thread Information