Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kofi a transitional champion for Big E?

Default Kofi a transitional champion for Big E?

With Zig-E-Lee all getting wins on Raw, and AJ possibly in line for a Divas Championship win down the road, anyone else think it might be possible that Big E wins the United States Championship to complete their stable with three titles? It would explain Cesaro's anticlimatic loss - maybe Kofi is just a transitional champion for Big E.

There's been nothing to fully hint it yet, but Dolph did mention how their trio will now be "running the place" in the last of their three different segments on Backstage Fallout.

surrender

Default Re: Kofi a transitional champion for Big E?

I don't have anything with Big E winning the IC/US Title down the road I just think it time for him to move on his own and get away from the love sick puppy.

Also I even for giving AJ a Title run.

Banned

Big E as US Champ sickens me. Just don't like the guy. He needs more time on the mic, which might make me like him more. He seems funny, but hasn't had many opportunities to showcase it. In my opinion, he needs away with Dolph/AJ and could be a dominant heel, by himself.

I honestly wouldn't mind AJ as champ. Hope they are not setting up a new HHH/SMH or, Edge/Lita. We really don't want a heel couple.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSF View Post
    Big E as US Champ sickens me. Just don't like the guy. He needs more time on the mic, which might make me like him more. He seems funny, but hasn't had many opportunities to showcase it. In my opinion, he needs away with Dolph/AJ and could be a dominant heel, by himself.

I honestly wouldn't mind AJ as champ. Hope they are not setting up a new HHH/SMH or, Edge/Lita. We really don't want a heel couple.
    Big E as a dominant heel by himself is generic and typical IMO. While I think AJ and Dolph could be just as great on their own, Big E being with them gives him something better to do than just be a dominant flavor of the month (Zeke, Mason Ryan, etc). I think he needs more segments with AJ and Ziggler though.

And if AJ wins the belt, that is what you're going to get... a heel couple who both have titles.

surrender

A heel couple with titles is as boring as it gets.

Anyway, I read Kofi was transition for someone else but this would be fine too. I'd rather him split up from the other two though, He doesn't need them much.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Banned

I think Swagger will win it after he fails to win the World Title at ER, so he can be America's Champion or some shit like that. Figured they will try to keep him and Zeb together as long as possible, plus Kofi only wins it just to keep it warm for the next heel not soon after anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    That sounds like a generalization...it depends on how they book it, and the wrestlers involved, before it can be labeled boring. It could work very well, especially if AJ is doing more than just being a valet, which would be the case if they continue with the rivalry with Kaitlyn.

surrender

I think it could be a good idea. All of Kofi's other 6 midcard reigns were essentially trasitional, so I expected this to be one too. I don't think he will hold the title long at all. Big E would be a great choice as the man to take the belt from him.

surrender

Banned

Or it could just be HHH/Steph all over again. She wears the belt on her shoulder, never really defends it. Kills any prestige it might have had, until someone like Trish or Lita revives it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post

Anyway, I read Kofi was transition for someone else but this would be fine too. I'd rather him split up from the other two though, He doesn't need them much.
    But a face couple would be good? Disagree with you. I love the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    That sounds like a generalization...it depends on how they book it, and the wrestlers involved, before it can be labeled boring. It could work very well, especially if AJ is doing more than just being a valet, which would be the case if they continue with the rivalry with Kaitlyn.
    I don't dig power couple angles much anymore. Regardless of who's doing it. I can handle one being champion, but both is a bit dry. It's irrelevant to Kofi being transitional anyway. I love the idea of Big E with the strap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I don't dig power couple angles much anymore. Regardless of who's doing it. I can handle one being champion, but both is a bit dry. It's irrelevant to Kofi being transitional anyway. I love the idea of Big E with the strap.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Greene View Post
    Or it could just be HHH/Steph all over again. She wears the belt on her shoulder, never really defends it. Kills any prestige it might have had, until someone like Trish or Lita revives it later.
    Unlike Steph, AJ is an actual wrestler.

As for Kofi, he's definitely a transitional champion, although...

Spoiler

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

FAHN-DAHN-GOH is far more likely to be the next US Champion than Big E Langston, but I wouldn't put it past WWE one bit to make that kind of a stupid move. The problem with putting a title on a fresh monster is that he eventually has to lose that title, and with it he will lose some of the mystique that is what gets larger, less talented workers over in the first place. So keep him out of the title hunt, and just let him be the backup for Ziggler and AJ as needed.

Also, gotta say, power couples don't do much for me either.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Unlike Steph, AJ is an actual wrestler.

As for Kofi, he's definitely a transitional champion, although...

Spoiler
    True, but that doesn't mean she won't end up barely defending it and just spend most of her time posing with the title like Steph did. No matter though, once Paige debuts, she will steal AJ's thunder anyways.

I really don't see the issue, considering the divas title has been completely irrelevant since Kaitlyn won it and can only go upwards with AJ holding it.

It's not like they do double champion power couples that often anymore, either. Last one I can remember was Edge and Lita, and before that, Steph and H.

Heel authority figures are a far more played out phenomenon, and some people even still enjoy those (though I'm not one of them).

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Big E doesn't need the US Title just yet.

Fandango can do more with it.

BUT, what if Big E won the WHC MITB? The tension they could tease with Ziggler would be awesome. Yes Big E isn't ready to be World Champion by any means, but he doesn't have to win if he cashes in.

Kofi is a transitional champion, probably to Curtis. But then again, Cena is also a transitional champion, probably to Ryback.

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    But then again, Cena is also a transitional champion, probably to Ryback.
    Or not.

HAYZE

I'm all for it. A nice triangle of title holders.

I honestly forgot that Kofi Kingston was a champion.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Banned

Big E carrying the US belt and NXT belt

Big E is...well he when Cole and Lawler were saying how dominant he was against Kofi after Kofi had just lost a match to Dolph I was thinking...no he's not, he's attacking a guy from behind who's just been in a match. I don't think the guy is as talented in the ring as he's made out to be. I saw the tag match at Mania 29 and they have a total blow your brains out over the guy getting kane's hand off his throat, I didn't really see anything impressive from the guy tbh but I'm always open so maybe he'll change my mind.
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

He never really had a chance to show what he can do in a ring since his debut. The more we see him, the more we'll be able to make a proper opinion.

The US title makes much more sense for Big E than Fandango. They're going to have to do something to get the crowd more invested in his matches though, it's clearly not going to be enough to stick him out there by himself and have him squash dudes - there's been pretty much dead silence for him the last couple of weeks on Raw. Dude is obviously charismatic and funny enough to get over but he hasn't had the chance yet. Either they need to put AJ at ringside for his matches, or spend some time showing off his Twitter personality to the wider WWE universe.

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Big E has done absolutely nothing to warrant a championship except be big.

Spoiler

Thread Information