Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rock finally speaks and says Mania 29 possibly his last match

Default The Rock finally speaks and says Mania 29 possibly his last match

Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Diva of Destruction iron maiden's Avatar

Default Re: The Rock finally speaks and says Mania 29 possibly his last match

All the people who even thought for one second he wasn't truly hurt and left people in the lurch or that is was not the plan for him to pass the proverbial torch to Cena can suck it after listening to this interview.

There is one thing that surprised me and that was his kinds words about Brock, especially after how Brock spoke about him in his book. Forgive and forget I guess. I wouldn't but he is a much nicer person than I am it seems.

Looking forward to watching The Hero.

Sting
    Diva of Destruction
    Empress of Canadia
    2010 Queen of the Forum
    2012 Tag Team Queen of the Forum - Rogue and iron maiden
    2013 PW Hall of Fame (Thank You)

Banned

WM 30 vs *fill in the blank* will be his last match.

Quote Originally Posted by queen madness View Post
    WM 30 vs *fill in the blank* will be his last match.
    This is where I'm at. I think it'll be his next and last match if he wants it, and I think it'll be Vince calling him and saying "Pick whoever you want for your last match." And I think it'll end up being Rock and Brock, because Brock's really the last guy that makes any sense for him, unless he decides he wants to retire with one last match with Trips or something.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

I think Brock makes the most scents to me.

Now this is going sound funny But I having a brain fart and can't remember but is he one of the 21 of the Undertaker 21-0.

I don't want him back unless he 100% healed because hes not one of these guys that stick around because they need money.
    So if your really a Rock fan and even a human you know that his health mean more then putting on another show for us.

Quote Originally Posted by LTS View Post
    Now this is going sound funny But I having a brain fart and can't remember but is he one of the 21 of the Undertaker 21-0.
    Nah, The Rock and Undertaker haven't gone at it at WrestleMania.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

The Rock is 40 years old now. He has made a name for himself in Hollywood and passed the torch to John Cena. Given his recent injury, if he wants to call it quits, its not a bad way to end his career on.

I still want to see Brock Vs. Rock II and Rock Vs. Michaels though.

I can see him being done. He's come back and done a program with Cena when he didn't have to. If he doesn't come back I won't be surprised.

Banned

I can live without another Rock match, none of his over the past two years were that great.

Banned

I already call this. That should definately be his last match. Mediocre run but good decision.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Anyone mind summarizing what Rocky said? I'm on my phone and can't watch the video.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone mind summarizing what Rocky said? I'm on my phone and can't watch the video.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

I think Rock will have that one last match (where everyone KNOWS going in it's his final match) before hanging them up for good. Wrestlemania XXX is a good place for it to happen. If he doesn't, then I still expect him to be involved in next year's event in some capacity, even just as a special referee or something.

I think WrestleMania 30 will be too big of an incentive for him to return for. Lesnar/Rock 2 next year at 'Mania will be his last match.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I don't like or hate The Rock. When I was 9 years old, I loved him. I'd say since 2003, I haven't cared too much. I really could careless if he wrestles ever again. But, I'm confident he'll work Wrestlemania 30.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post

- - - Updated - - -

He basically just this said that "possibly" this was his last match. He didn't just bail after WM like the dirtsheets said. He confirmed that his next program was going to be with Brock, and they had to cancel plans for the mania after.

He also confirmed that 3 years ago, when he first came back, he sat and discussed his overall plan with Vince and how he is going to put John Cena over. (Rocky also said that Cena is the main superstar who defines this era so it wouldn't be anyone else)

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

He also said that he spoke to everyone directly after the match and told them he wouldn't be at Raw.

He said Vince, HHH, Cena and even Punk talked to him backstage after the match.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Rock's a class guy. Glad he has put those shitty rumors to rest.

I'd love to see Rock/Brock tear it up in New Orleans.

He is a class act, there's no question about that. I can't say he's integral to my enjoyment of the product these days though. He just looks a million miles away from the sort of caliber of match that Cena and Punk had on Raw. Just so far away from that level. His promos are still awesome but I find them more self-indulgent now than ever, although I get that's his thing and it works. I can't invest in him because there's nothing to track. He's there one minute, gone the next.

I can't say I'll miss him.

I'd be fine with Rock walking away at this point and only coming back for the occasional appearance. He put it all out there, he put Cena over, and there's nothing left for him to prove. I have no great fondness for the idea of a Brock-Rock rematch, because aside from it being a huge headline, it does nothing to advance the current product. I wouldn't object to it if Rock had it in him for another match with a current superstar (maybe Ryback if WWE ever stops killing his credibility, or finally putting Punk over), but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Because Rock's done everything he needed to do and then some, even if I disagree with how they went about doing it.

That'll do, Rock. That'll do.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

I don't see the point in Rock/Brock

Would love to see Rock/Austin one last time... That would have a decent buy rate I'd think.

Tied to the tree of woe WickedOne's Avatar

With how his movie career is totally blowing up, and he just keeps landing big role after big role, I would say it's very up in the air if he does come back even for mania xxx. In all honesty, I would have no issue with that being his last match. He put Cena over and while he didn't impress in the ring, he didn't embarrass himself or anything either. If he does come back for 30, I would guess they stick him with Brock. Mega movie star v the former UFC heavyweight champ.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Well I think this run by Rock needs to only be viewed not as an actual comeback but more of a special attraction similar to The Undertaker's Mania matches.

On that basis I think his run was as good as it possibly could have been.

They had a plan for him to put the top guy over after a series of Manias and they did it and did great business from it.

Mission accomplished, but in terms of his own legacy, this was kinda like his Jordan on the Wizards moment.

You know all of Jordan's legendary moments came from his days on the Bulls, but he came back for one last victory lap and a few more moments with Wizards.

Well Rocks real legacy defining moments happened in the Attitude Era, but his victory lap was this last run.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

I think how well their plan worked is still pending this year's Mania buyrate (as in, they may have been better off putting Cena over last year if this one did poorly).

With that said, it was a solid concept for a story, but the execution of it definitely could have been more consistent.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    I don't see the point in Rock/Brock

Would love to see Rock/Austin one last time... That would have a decent buy rate I'd think.
    Many would argue that wouldn't have much point either. I'm fine without both, although Brock could really do with a big win against a big face, and Rock would be ideal since he'd be leaving anyway and it wouldn't hurt the long-term faces.

"Where the fuck does THIS shit come from?"

Well said.

Bender

Thread Information