Thread: JJ Dillon Talks when The Rock was Broke, Undertaker as a Viking?

Default JJ Dillon Talks when The Rock was Broke, Undertaker as a Viking?

Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) of the Baltimore Sun and Layfield Report (@layfieldreport) spoke with former WWE VP of Talent Relations JJ Dillon on a variety of topics, including:

Hosting the Cauliflower Alley Reunion banquet on Wednesday night

The stresses of being VP Talent

How The Rock reminded him at RAW a few weeks ago that JJ actually talked him out of quitting WWE in 1996 and lent him money to survive

The original idea for Mark Calaway upon joining the WWE was to be a Viking character, but it was changed to The Undertaker.

Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Default Re: JJ Dillon Talks when The Rock was Broke, Undertaker as a Viking?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    – Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) of the Baltimore Sun
    The original idea for Mark Calaway upon joining the WWE was to be a Viking character, but it was changed to The Undertaker.
    I like how my local newspaper has three ginormous wrestling fans on the staff. It's the best thing about that rubbish rag.

So 'Taker was supposed to be The Berzerker too? This is the first I ever heard of that. Of course the 'Taker being "Eggman" story has been around forever.

Default Re: JJ Dillon Talks when The Rock was Broke, Undertaker as a Viking?

I actually thought Ocal would work with The Toronto Sun sports department since he's from Toronto or so I think he is. The Toronto Sun was actually the best source for "dirtsheet type" info in the 80's and 90's before the internet became prominent. It later came out that Jack Tunney got into trouble I heard for doing that, but Toronto Sun respected the business and did things where you had to read between the lines.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Thread Information