Thread: War Games DVD & Blu Ray Content (Warning: May contain trace amounts of Benoit)

Default War Games DVD & Blu Ray Content (Warning: May contain trace amounts of Benoit)

Disc 1

War Games Match
    The Super Powers (Dusty Rhodes, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff & Paul Ellering) vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard & J.J. Dillon)
    Great American Bash – Atlanta, GA • July 4, 1987

Great American Bash On Tour

War Games Match
    Dusty Rhodes, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff & Paul Ellering vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard) & The War Machine
    Great American Bash – Miami, FL • July 31, 1987

A Different Type of Animal

Tower of Doom Match
    The Road Warriors, “Dr. Death” Steve Williams, Ron Garvin & Jimmy Garvin vs. Kevin Sullivan, Mike Rotunda, Al Perez, Russian Assassin & Ivan Koloff
    Great American Bash • July 10, 1988

Brutality

War Games Match
    Dusty Rhodes, Lex Luger, Nikita Koloff, “Dr. Death” Steve Williams & Paul Ellering vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard & J.J. Dillon)
    Great American Bash Tour – Greensboro, NC • July 16, 1988

Live Events

War Games Match
    The Road Warriors, The Midnight Express & “Dr. Death” Steve Williams vs. The Fabulous Freebirds & The Samoan Swat Team
    Great American Bash • July 23, 1989

Disc 2

Getting Replaced

War Games Match
    The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Sid Vicious, Barry Windham & Larry Zbyszko) vs. Sting, Brian Pillman, & The Steiner Brothers
    WCW WrestleWar • February 24, 1991

Talent Change

War Games Match
    Sting’s Squadron (Sting, Nikita Koloff, Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat & Barry Windham) vs. The Dangerous Alliance (Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Steve Austin, Larry Zbyszko & Rick Rude)
    WCW WrestleWar • May 17, 1992

The Almighty Dollar

War Games Match
    Sting, Davey Boy Smith, Dustin Rhodes & The Shockmaster vs. Sid Vicious, Vader & Harlem Heat
    WCW Fall Brawl • September 19, 1993

A Really Special Night

War Games Match
    Dusty Rhodes, Dustin Rhodes & The Nasty Boys vs. Terry Funk, Arn Anderson, Bunkhouse Buck & Colonel Robert Parker
    WCW Fall Brawl • September 18, 1994

Disc 3

Pride in Their Product

War Games Match
    The Hulkamaniacs (Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Lex Luger & Sting) vs. The Dungeon of Doom (Kamala the Ugandan Giant, The Zodiac, The Shark & Meng)
    WCW Fall Brawl • September 17, 1995

Glimmer of a Fire

War Games Match
    Team nWo (“Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & A Mystery Partner) vs. Team WCW (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger & Sting)
    WCW Fall Brawl • September 15, 1996

Pulling Out Every Stop

War Games Match
    Team nWo (Kevin Nash, Buff Bagwell, Syxx & Konnan) vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Steve McMichael, Chris Benoit & Curt Hennig)
    WCW Fall Brawl • September 14, 1997

The Talent Made The War Games

War Games Match
    Team WCW (Diamond Dallas Page, Roddy Piper & The Warrior) vs. Team Hollywood (“Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, Stevie Ray & Bret Hart) vs. Team Wolfpac (Kevin Nash, Sting & Lex Luger)
    WCW Fall Brawl • September 13, 1998

The End of the War Games

War Games 2000 Match
    Sting, Booker T, Goldberg & KroniK vs. Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner & The Harris Brothers
    WCW Monday Nitro • September 4, 2000

The Main Event

Blu-ray Exclusives

Rage in the Cage Match
    Brian Lee, Jimmy Golden, Ricky Morton, Robert Fuller & Robert Gibson vs. Kevin Sullivan, Killer Kyle, The Tazmaniac , Stan Lane & Tom Prichard
    Smoky Mountain Wrestling: Volunteer Slam II • May 9, 1993

Ultimate Jeopardy Steel Cage Match
    Tommy Dreamer, Public Enemy & The Pitbulls vs. Raven, Stevie Richards, The Eliminators & The Heavenly Bodies
    ECW December to Dismember • December 9, 1995

Ultimate Jeopardy Steel Cage Match
    Buh Buh Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley & Mustafa Saed vs. New Jack, Axl Rotten & Balls Mahoney
    ECW CyberSlam • April 3, 1999

War Games Fantasy Booking with Dusty Rhodes

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...d_Blu-ray.html

---

Well, it had to happen sometime. Looks to be a good set.
    Bow before Da Look. Resistance is Futile.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Default Re: War Games DVD & Blu Ray Content (Warning: May contain trace amounts of Benoit)

Never heard of the guy. Anything major I should know about him?
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Default Re: War Games DVD & Blu Ray Content (Warning: May contain trace amounts of Benoit)

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    Never heard of the guy. Anything major I should know about him?
    He's a former ECW, WCW and WWE wrestler who vanished off the face of the earth for a while amidst rumors of saving a rape victim and being shot.

He's also often confused with Perry Saturn.
    Bow before Da Look. Resistance is Futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    He's a former ECW, WCW and WWE wrestler who vanished off the face of the earth for a while amidst rumors of saving a rape victim and being shot.

He's also often confused with Perry Saturn.
    OOOOOOOH. I mean, I guess that makes sense. Couldn't find any of his matches anywhere, though. It seems like he only wrestled this one time.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Well it looks like I won't be buying this then, I refuse to let the WWE take my money from me and profit off of that child killer.
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Well it looks like I won't be buying this then, I refuse to let the WWE take my money from me and profit off of that child killer.
    So you would rather we wrestling fans and all wrestling fans of the future were denied seeing great matches on these DVDs because of what he did? Isn't that punishing fans for his awful act and in a way letting him win

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    So you would rather we wrestling fans and all wrestling fans of the future were denied seeing great matches on these DVDs because of what he did? Isn't that punishing fans for his awful act and in a way letting him win
    You do what you want to do... me I'm not giving the WWE my money for this DVD so they can make a profit.
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Is this the first a match of his has been on a DVD since it happened?

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I believe so. I know his image has been used very briefly in a DVD or two, but as far as I can recall, this is the first match.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Nah he was also featured in the Elimination Chamber set.

As for the topic, that is one of the best sets the WWE has ever put out. Lots of quality.
    Credit: Bender

Banned

iv'e been waiting for a War Games DVD and i can just skip the benoit match.

Quote Originally Posted by The Show View Post
    As for the topic, that is one of the best sets the WWE has ever put out. Lots of quality.
    It is pretty nice set of matches. I agree.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Franchise&GCBRollinITBack Franchise's Avatar

War Games Fantasy Booking?

Wow...I totally forgot about Kronik.

Looks like a nice set...I always love it when a compilation comes out full of material that you can't already get on blu-ray or DVD. I wasn't interested in the Chamber set, because I already owned all the matches on PPVs, but this is some nice "new" old stuff.

Nah he was also featured in the Elimination Chamber set.
    Yup and just like that match, expect the War Games 97 bout's commentary to be edited.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    They're not profiting off the "child killer" (why are you making it seem like the child killing is worse than that other murder he committed?). They're profiting off of people's love for War Games. Benoit just happens to be in one of the matches.

Fuck's sake, man.

I've got the WrestleWar '91 match. Seeing Pillman get spiked on his head was a legit holy shit moment. The rest will be new to me.

Why is there ECW content? They had nothing to do with War Games.

Thread Information