Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reported additional matches for Extreme Rules PPV

Default Reported additional matches for Extreme Rules PPV

-We've noted that Ryback vs. John Cena for the WWE Title, Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar in a steel cage and Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Title are set for WWE's Extreme Rules pay-per-view.

Another likely title match for the pay-per-view will be two members of The Shield vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan for the WWE Tag Team Titles. This is likely where Team Hell No will drop the titles. Before the WrestleMania 29 undercard was re-done, there were plans for The Shield to capture the titles there.

Other matches likely for Extreme Rules are Nikki Bella vs. Kaitlyn for the Divas Title, Mark Henry vs. Sheamus and Randy Orton vs. Big Show.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

I imagine that we'll probably get Cesaro/Kofi or Barrett/Truth for their respected titles on the Pre-show.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Default Re: Reported additional matches for Extreme Rules PPV

That sounds about right. Unfortunately, every time I get excited for a Barrett or Cesaro match, they job. So, I'm NOT getting my hopes up.

The card sounds decent. I'll watch it.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Banned

Time for Shaemus to enter the Hall of Pain!

Orton vs. Big Show...At this rate, Orton may quit if they don't pull the trigger on a heel turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Tooth View Post
    Time for Shaemus to enter the Hall of Pain!
    but he already did enter the hall of pain two years ago ...

WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    Night of Champions Live Reactions
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Banned

I guess Shaemus didn't learn his lesson the first time around.
    Two Hall of Pain rings for Ginger.

Banned

Too bad no Taker. Putting the six man tag on Raw is a waste. Probably not gonna get this one.

Ugh...not a fan of 2 members of the shield to win the tag titles....

Quote Originally Posted by ReKOVery View Post
    Ugh...not a fan of 2 members of the shield to win the tag titles....
    Would you be if they initiated the Freebird Rule?

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

I will just say this right now, and I may be in a minority, but I hate the Freebird rule. If two guys win the belts that are part of a group it should still just be the two who won that defend. Say Ambrose and Rollins win. Their first defense, Ambrose and Reigns defend. Does this give Reigns a Tag title reign? It shouldn't because he didn't win the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Greene View Post
    Too bad no Taker. Putting the six man tag on Raw is a waste. Probably not gonna get this one.
    Why? The tag title match should be on PPV. And WWE is not one of those dumbass companies that puts tag gold on the line in a 6 man tag team match. Well, at least, not often.

The card actually looks more appealing than WrestleMania for me. Will definitely be getting this one (if it's on PPV in the UK.) Extreme Rules PPV's normally deliver. Last year's event was awesome, event of the WWE calendar year.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Why? The tag title match should be on PPV. And WWE is not one of those dumbass companies that puts tag gold on the line in a 6 man tag team match. Well, at least, not often.
    The match is bigger with Undertaker in it, regardless of the titles.

That said, I don't think putting it on Raw is a "waste," considering how we didn't even think Taker would still be around by now.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    Orton vs. Big Show...At this rate, Orton may quit if they don't pull the trigger on a heel turn.
    Oh please let this happen.
    - Credit: Bender -

Undertaker can perhaps help RAW's ratings more the way the company sees it. Not sure how many more buys would have been done with that match on ppv to be honest. It is a way to help The Shield look like a threat to even a legend like Taker. I get it somewhat.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    The match is bigger with Undertaker in it, regardless of the titles.

That said, I don't think putting it on Raw is a "waste," considering how we didn't even think Taker would still be around by now.
    I just meant in terms of business, not quite Hogan/Goldberg flub, but a ratings boost over a better buyrate would be dumb on their part. From a fan perspective, I am glad to see him on Raw, but would rather they tease us by ending the match somewhat early and then having a rematch on the ppv. As for the tag title match, those belts are even that prestigious anymore, you can have that match on either Raw or ER, wouldn't make much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    Undertaker can perhaps help RAW's ratings more the way the company sees it. Not sure how many more buys would have been done with that match on ppv to be honest. It is a way to help The Shield look like a threat to even a legend like Taker. I get it somewhat.
    And, this is most likely, the last chance for fans to see Taker in Europe before he retires.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    And, this is most likely, the last chance for fans to see Taker in Europe before he retires.
    Yeah, I think that's a big part of it. One final UK appearance for Taker before he hangs up the ol' urn.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Nikki Bella instead of AJ? Seriously?

Banned

You can expect the Bella Cena is poking to get a nice push, thanks to little Cena.

People will look for any reason to hate on Cena, won't they?

Not like the Bellas didn't get pushed the last time they were here...

Bender

Did anyone not expect the Bellas to get a push when they returned?

Whenever a diva returns, they get a push. It has nothing to do with Cena.

surrender

Card looks solid to me,like most I am hoping that Taker still ends up on the show to make it a six man match,and maybe Jericho can make it as well.

As far as the Shield goes its time that they start getting some gold around their waste.I hate the "Freebird Rule" and hope that when the Shield get the titles they go on only two members i.e I would go with Rollins and Reigns then have Ambrose more as a singles guy and put the IC or US Title on him.

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Did anyone not expect the Bellas to get a push when they returned?

Whenever a diva returns, they get a push. It has nothing to do with Cena.
    Agreed. Now, if Cena's girlfriend is the one to win the Divas Championship (if it comes to that), then we can complain over something stupid. (By which I mean, it's something that's stupid to complain about at all.) But for now, it's just the typical "newly returned" push that most of the guys and girls get.

As for the rest of the card ... looks alright to me, if it plays out that way. Although I don't see myself buying Extreme Rules this year, because I have no interest in another Lesnar-Hunter match, no interest in the World Championship match, and don't want to pay that kind of money to watch Ryback lose again. Pretty much the only thing that really piques my interest is the potential for a Shield tag title reign. The rest of the card may not be bad, but it just isn't compelling enough to open the ol' wallet.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

I think the card is looking great. I agreed that it sould AJ and not Nickie to face Kate.

It wasn't untill I watch the Shiled on FCW that I found out how Bad A** they were I do agreed that if they win the Tag Titles if should be the too who win and not the Free Birds rule.

Thread Information