Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM Punk's Issues with WWE Creative (contains potential spoilers on return date)

Exclamation CM Punk's Issues with WWE Creative (contains potential spoilers on return date)

From PWInsider:

One of the reasons that Brock Lesnar is being used so soon after WrestleMania and that the Undertaker is working a match on RAW next week is because CM Punk won't be returning anytime soon and WWE feels that they need star power on TV.

The original plan for CM Punk was for him to address the crowd on the RAW after Wrestlemania 29. He would whine about his loss and then "walk out" on the company. WWE held Punk off of that show because officials felt that Punk would get a big reaction from the post-WrestleMania RAW crowd.

But there is more to the story. Punk was not happy with the verbiage that WWE wanted him to use, and didn't want to come off as a whiner. A few weeks ago, Punk had a big blow up with the WWE creative team, and it got to the point that he wanted to give his notice to the company. Punk eventually worked out his issues with WWE management, but it was decided then that he wouldn't work live events, instead just TV and WrestleMania 29.

With the knee injury and issues with creative, the decision was made to write Punk off of TV. While there is no set plan for Punk's return, word is that he won't be back until at least SummerSlam time.
    Thoughts on this? PWI is generally reliable and this is far more in line with Punk's personality than the Rock report was with his, so it very well could be true.

Plus, it's been reported that Punk was having issues with creative for a few weeks now.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Default Re: CM Punk's Issues with WWE Creative (contains potential spoilers on return date)

I donít really buy it that much. Or at least the part that says "With the knee injury and issues with creative, the decision was made to write Punk off of TV" - that makes it sound like that promo on Raw wasn't done without a plan in mind and rather to solely write Punk off, which I don't buy.

I also don't really believe "it got to the point that he wanted to give his notice to the company."

surrender

Default Re: CM Punk's Issues with WWE Creative (contains potential spoilers on return date)

The part about Punk thinking about leaving sounds like something they'd leak to work people on the idea that his walkout on Raw was real. I don't really think any of this this means anything - but whenever his return is, it's going to be awesome.

Yeah, I agree that Punk probably didn't ever seriously threaten to leave. It's possible that he could have said something like that out of anger, though.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Damn Summerslam? I was hoping maybe he'd return by June. That report kind of reminds me Austin in 2002 where he was burned out and not happy with creative around the time of Weestlemania 18, only he actually did leave and walk out of the company.

Hopefully Punk will return as a big baby face for a showdown with Brock at Summerslam or something like that.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    But there is more to the story. Punk was not happy with the verbiage that WWE wanted him to use, and didn't want to come off as a whiner.
    Isn't being a whiner his whole gimmick, both in-ring and out?

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    Damn Summerslam? I was hoping maybe he'd return by June. That report kind of reminds me Austin in 2002 where he was burned out and not happy with creative around the time of Weestlemania 18, only he actually did leave and walk out of the company.

Hopefully Punk will return as a big baby face for a showdown with Brock at Summerslam or something like that.
    Sounds like a solid plan to me.Have CM Punk return in three or four months as a babyface after Heyman turns on him and has Brock put a beat down on him.This would then lead up to a SummerSlam match up between the two,which was rumored a while ago.

I the long run its good that CM Punk is taking time off,it sucks as a fan right now sense he's the main reason why I even watch the WWE anymore but in the long run its good sense he can get healthy and recharge his battery.Also maybe just maybe in the next three or four months the WWE can actually build up another credible main eventer or two so its not just the "John Cena and CM Punk Show" w/ the part timers.Maybe if things are done right these new pushes for Ryback and Ziggler take and are built up properly without the rug being pulled from under them.

In the short-term, this all sounds horrible for the company as he is the only other full time major star at the moment. But as others have said, I agree that WWE can push Dolph Ziggler and Ryback as major stars while Punk is gone. It will also make Punk return massive and a perfect set up for a Brock Lesnar Vs CM Punk showdown at Summerslam. I just hope WWE keeps me interest while Punk is gone by pushing people like Ziggler because they have the star factor and can be the top stars in the company.

I can buy Punk threatening to leave, he knows it's the best way to make management stand up and take notice.

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

WWE won't be the same without Punk. Sure, the Shield, Ziggler, among a few others are great aspects of the show. Great talents. It just won't be the same unfortunately. Don't care much about HHH/Brock. Heyman's mic skills will make the feud interesting IMO. I like Ziggler, but could care less about the stuff he has going on with Rio and Swagger. I hope Rhodes, Sandow, Henry show up a lot. I'm entertained by them definitely. Taker's one week appearance will be cool next week, but don't see it being anything more than a one week deal. I like Cena, but I could careless about the feud forthcoming with Ryback. I sorta' dig the heel Ryback, but it's not enough to make me truly care. I will definitely miss CM Punk.

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Punk's whining has almost always at least had some sort of believable cause. He lost to Taker fair and square, so he has nothing to whine about.

Punk's value to the company is arguably as high as it was since he first decided to stay. If he were to leave today, I'm sure he'd be fine with it, because he doesn't have a whole lot else to accomplish. He'd just be...there.

Spoiler

Could be real, WWE creative really are that stupid.

These guys don't need talent it's like trying to train Michael Jordan...
    What the Rock said in his feud with Cena was true... He just said to them "Give me a mic" the rest he did himself, they should realise that CM Punk is money, give him air time and the angle he wants... His instincts are perfect

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    Could be real, WWE creative really are that stupid.

These guys don't need talent it's like trying to train Michael Jordan...
    What the Rock said in his feud with Cena was true... He just said to them "Give me a mic" the rest he did himself, they should realise that CM Punk is money, give him air time and the angle he wants... His instincts are perfect
    Thankfully, recent reports show they're starting to go back in that direction.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

It's gonna suck waiting that long for a Punk return, but he deserves it. He works his ass off, like many of the other guys. Hope he gets well rested.

With that being said, now it's time for WWE to be forced to push some new headliners. With the part timers and one of their workhorses leaving, you would kinda have to hope that WWE would capitalize on this to push some new talent.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I hope he heals quick and we see him back soon. Punk has been so dominant on RAW over the past year and a half that it is going to be a long 3 hours with out him. In my opinion he is WWE's top tv star.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Banned

Sucks him leaving, Punk is easily the best thing about the show. But hopefully when he comes back, he will face Brock at Summerslam.

Banned

Might be true. On the other hand, stories about Punk being an insufferable malcontent probably generate a lot of hits. I expect to be reading this stuff every few weeks until Punk retires.

This could easily be true, however, I still think he's returning at Payback which is in Chicago. It's good to see that Punk didn't want to whine, which would indicate that he himself wants a face turn as well. Although we can only speculate. I still think if this was leaked, it's to work us, I have no doubt he'll be there for the Chicago PPV.

im sure the dude is burned out has all hell.

right when his last contract ended and he was gonna have off time he signed the new deal and his mega push began with a year+ reign has champion while working with injuries and through surgeries the whole way through.

and the dude doesnt take anything for pain being straight edge.

i can understand his being in a cranky mood all the time if true.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

I reckon it's probably legit. I can see Punk threatening to leave, probably not with any conviction though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JACKNIFE View Post
    and the dude doesnt take anything for pain being straight edge.
    I'm sure most people who are straight edge don't take it that far. Although maybe Punk does.

Banned

Hope it isn't true, I thought that the whole walking out like that would set up punk attacking the undertaker next week, which takes him out of the feud with the shields and leaves team hell no to defend to the title against the shields at extreme rules while punk fights the undertaker in a buried alive match... still hope my version of the story happens

If that match were to happen again, I'd want a better stip than a Buried Alive match. Save those for when Taker wrestles guys who can't really work.

Bender

I find it hard to buy this news. He will have some time off but for all the moaning he does, Punk gets bored easily and as much as he complains about the business: there isn't really anything else he'd rather do in my opinion. He will be gone for a month max.
    Yes, I get a little lonely when the sun gets low...

He's at that point where it would benefit him having a lot of time off anyway, and I'm not talking about time to heal injuries. Sometimes it's beneficial for a top guy to be away for a while and return fresh. He wasn't getting stale by any means, but still when he comes back he will be even more over and his return will be amazing.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Thread Information