Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vince McMahon Has Lost His Mind

Default Vince McMahon Has Lost His Mind

Really, Vince? Heard of the Constitution? Freedom of speech? Really, Vince? Really?

"At Monday’s RAW from Greenville, South Carolina, a fan reportedly held up a “RAW Is Generico” sign and was moved by security, taken from his paid seat to the opposite side of the arena and a seat filler took his seat at ringside. The fan asked security why he was being moved and was told the people running the show didn’t want him sitting there because of his sign.

The fan reportedly asked if they could just take the sign and let him sit at ringside but was told by a security guard that he was about to be kicked out because the people running the show, presumably WWE officials, didn’t want him there. Another guard told the fan that wasn’t correct, they just didn’t want him in front of the camera. Apparently another man who was sitting with the fan also had his seats changed after he was seen holding up a sign related to Ring of Honor."

http://www.prowrestling.com/wwe-repo...e-seats-at-raw

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: Vince McMahon Has Lost His Mind

Does that not warrant a lawsuit?

Taking away signs is one thing, but actually moving people from seats they paid for?

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

That's pretty fucked up, if true.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Does that not warrant a lawsuit?

Taking away signs is one thing, but actually moving people from seats they paid for?

This is exactly what I was thinking.
    Where are PW's legal experts? This seems like, if he doesn't get a refund, he has grounds to sue.....

Best In The World

Has anyone that's been to events in person seen similar things happen?

When I went to WM24 in Orlando, they inspected all our signs at the gate before entrance.

I wonder how much this had to do with Jim Ross' rant about "morons and tools". This never happened at the HOF, but a wrestling show.

This isn't something new though the company has been doing this for years now after the Attitude Era was over, but not moving of seats.

Definitely would not have seen this during that time though.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Has anyone that's been to events in person seen similar things happen?

When I went to WM24 in Orlando, they inspected all our signs at the gate before entrance.
    When I went to Hell In A Cell, we were moved from the $15 limited view seats to the VIP area on the camera side because the people had been moved/removed/left or something. It wasn't really explained to us, but, HEY, my group got a free upgrade because of it.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I would GUESS there's small print or something somewhere that allows them to do this. If not, you'd probably be able to finagle a lot of freebies out of them by threatening a lawsuit (it wouldn't be worth it for either side to actually go through with a lawsuit).
    2010 Most Under Appreciated Sports Empire Poster

The WWE would be stupid not to cover their ass with small print legal mumbo jumbo that you agree to at some point. These companies know no one reads it and they take virtually every right they legally can from you.

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    When I went to Hell In A Cell, we were moved from the $15 limited view seats to the VIP area on the camera side because the people had been moved/removed/left or something. It wasn't really explained to us, but, HEY, my group got a free upgrade because of it.
    That's completely different from being moved from a seat you paid for because of a sign. Just take the fucking sign, that's just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    That's completely different from being moved from a seat you paid for because of a sign. Just take the fucking sign, that's just wrong.
    Still strange as the sign was about a wrestler in its employ. Of course, it might have to do with the name El Generico. One thing about the 80's I didn't like was acting as if people didn't know wrestler's pasts in other organizations. I understood it though as there was a lot of heat amongst the leagues for top spot and a way to prevent free exposure to the competitor. It was still backwards as fans knew exactly who "Texas Tornado" and "Legion of Doom" were. More backwards was Tony Atlas no selling his past which was IN the company and being called Saba Simba.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

When WWE rents an arena, they pretty much own it for that entire day, hench they can do just about whatever they want. And if certain signs and gestures are not ideal for air time, which once again they've purchased and fully own, then you've gotta play by their rules.

Sorry, people are just going to have to find other ways to be smarky, just not on WWE's dime and time.

I hate people who hold up large signs since it blocks the people behind them which is why I get why they gotta sometimes crack down on taking away signs but to move the person is so fucking lame.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    I hate people who hold up large signs since it blocks the people behind them which is why I get why they gotta sometimes crack down on taking away signs but to move the person is so fucking lame.
    That's not why they do it, though. They're perfectly fine with people's views being blocked by signs supporting The Rock and John Cena, just not signs that are supporting something that they're not pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hustle View Post
    When WWE rents an arena, they pretty much own it for that entire day, hench they can do just about whatever they want. And if certain signs and gestures are not ideal for air time, which once again they've purchased and fully own, then you've gotta play by their rules.

Sorry, people are just going to have to find other ways to be smarky, just not on WWE's dime and time.
    I think we all understand that, hence why no one would have really cared had they simply confiscated the sign.

Depriving people of seats they paid for is clearly over the line, though.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hustle View Post

WWE isn't the only entity that paid for access to the arena. Fans pay money too. If I pay for a seat and am forced to move to another one over a stupid reason like this, I'd have every right to be pissed and probably wouldn't go to another show again. The sign wansn't obscene. People have brought Benoit signs, swastikas, and shit like that and those made it on air. Getting static for a sign supporting a wrestler the WWE employs is ridiculous. Being forced to move from a paid seat over it is even more ridiculous. Besides, the fan offered up the sign and they refused that. They basically forced him to move because reasons. That's not right any way you slice it. And to be told that they don't want you in front of the camera is just fucking bullshit. I'd have been pissed and would've complained to any superior I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    That's not why they do it, though. They're perfectly fine with people's views being blocked by signs supporting The Rock and John Cena, just not signs that are supporting something that they're not pushing.

I think we all understand that, hence why no one would have really cared had they simply confiscated the sign.

Depriving people of seats they paid for is clearly over the line, though.
    I mean it was perfectly fine during the Attitude Era because they didn't want people jumping ship to that other show on Monday nights with signs. This is all it really is. It's just about being over controlling in today's climate because there will be no repercussions.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I'm not sure someone being moved to another seat is the breaking point that leads us to believe Vince has lost his mind.

Thousands of people in an arena and one (or two) of them was asked to move for his attention-seeking sign? Not really a big deal. Signs are irritating as anything anyway...they're hardly ever funny and only serve the purpose of getting in people's way. I vote to move everyone with a sign to outside the arena!

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Hold on... they had an issue with the Generico sign, but not the Owen Hart/Chris Benoit signs?

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

One sided stories are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    I would GUESS there's small print or something somewhere that allows them to do this. If not, you'd probably be able to finagle a lot of freebies out of them by threatening a lawsuit (it wouldn't be worth it for either side to actually go through with a lawsuit).
    If anyone here has a ticket to an upcoming WWE event, please look on the back and read what it says (and post it if you find something). I'm assuming it has some boilerplate language to cover themselves for this. It's kind of like how they always run the disclaimer "card subject to change" when they advertise events. They may also have something very vague that would say something much more like "by purchasing this ticket, the consumer agrees to conduct themselves within the WWE's accepted code of conduct. Any perceived violation of said code may result in substitution of seating, removal from the venue or any other action the WWE deems appropriate".

Anyway, I think that it would have been more appropriate to simply confiscate the sign and give them a warning. Then again, for all we know they may have already received a warning. Like Shades of Grey said, one sided story.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    Same thing happened to us at the same exact show. Me and a couple people I was with had upper deck seats and they moved us to the lower level, Probably the best seats iv had at a wrestling show ever haha. I assume it was done to fill the lower level and make it look good on TV

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oWn View Post
    Same thing happened to us at the same exact show. Me and a couple people I was with had upper deck seats and they moved us to the lower level, Probably the best seats iv had at a wrestling show ever haha. I assume it was done to fill the lower level and make it look good on TV
    \m/
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Hold on... they had an issue with the Generico sign, but not the Owen Hart/Chris Benoit signs?
    I was thinking the same thing. It's terrible to have a sign supporting an employee of the company, but it's okay to have a sign for he who shall not be named.

Banned

Pretty sure WWE once moved the Chicago clowns away from camera side just because. So this isn't without precedent.

I don't agree with how WWE is treating their paying customers here. They may have the right to do it. But the principle of the thing offends me. WWE wanting what they want out of audiences and sweet fuck all else has been a major hindrance to the quality of their television product for years.

Banned

I remember a time when they bragged about seeing fans and their different signs. I even recall an article in Raw magazine where they did an in-depth piece about it. Now they not only take away signs, but remove the fans from their seats. WWE has really fallen far over the years.

Thread Information