Thread: Extreme Rules is shaping up to be a good card so far!

Default Extreme Rules is shaping up to be a good card so far!

Even though nothing has been officially announced, you can see right now the following matches most likely happening:

Cena vs Ryback

Dolph vs ADR and Swagger

HHH vs Brock in a Cage

Team Hell No vs the Shield

Sheamus vs Henry

Hate to say this but this card excites me more than WM!

Default Re: Extreme Rules is shaping up to be a good card so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    That's because it's not WrestleMania and people expect more for that. If this was the WrestleMania card people would have been just as disappointed.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

I don't mean to be a douche, but only one of those matches is certain, and that's Trips/Lesnar.

There's still a lot of time for build up. Cena/Ryback seems set, but the triple threat might happen on Raw, and we might get ADR/Ziggler.

Spoiler

There's also the possibility of the 6 man next week being a non-finish and getting redone at ER.
    If you really want to speak to me, I'm not hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    There's also the possibility of the 6 man next week being a non-finish and getting redone at ER.
    From what's been reported, plans are to have The Shield win the tag titles from Team Hell No. So I'm guessing it'll end up 2 Shield members vs. Hell No and they'll win the titles. Who knows though. I'd love to see Rollins/Reigns with the tag titles, and then Ambrose as either IC/US champ, or win a MITB case.

I wonder who Fandango will take on?

I feel like right now they don't even know what to do with him haha. People are starting to love him and his whole gimmick and it's making it hard to have him be a heel. Much like any gimmick that the crowd starts to love and can follow along with (ala Mr. Kennedy back when he was around). I suppose it'll shape together for him this next week or so.

I'm thinking that he just may a US title shot against Kofi, if they're smart they'll book it.
    People Power + Mizz TV = Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    That's because it's not WrestleMania and people expect more for that. If this was the WrestleMania card people would have been just as disappointed.
    Exactly right.

People are so quick to say, "There are so many PPVs that are better than WrestleMania." Well, yeah, if you weigh what you get against what the expectation is. But there's no way this would fly as a WrestleMania card, and you can say the same for most "B-level" shows.

With that said, I'm very much looking forward to the show. I'm glad Triple H and Lesnar have a chance to redeem themselves from what I thought was a disappointing outing last week, and maybe it's actually make the steel cage seem important again.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

I've preferred Extreme Rules over Mania for the last three years. So no surprise here.

Of course the lack of Punk is going to be depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhart View Post
    I don't mean to be a douche, but only one of those matches is certain, and that's Trips/Lesnar.

There's still a lot of time for build up. Cena/Ryback seems set, but the triple threat might happen on Raw, and we might get ADR/Ziggler.
    I wish, but unfortunately, no.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/extremerule...agger-26108228

Why does Swagger look like he's crapped his pants?
    EAT. SLEEP. BAE JOHN CENA. REPEAT.

/r/womenswrestling

A Jericho re-match surely? Or has that angle finished already and I missed it...

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    I wish, but unfortunately, no.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/extremerule...agger-26108228

Why does Swagger look like he's crapped his pants?
    It looks like he has his hands on his butt.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Even though nothing has been officially announced, you can see right now the following matches most likely happening:

Cena vs Ryback

Dolph vs ADR and Swagger

HHH vs Brock in a Cage

Sheamus vs Henry

[QUOTE=Wolfman;3784817]Even though nothing has been officially announced, you can see right now the following matches most likely happening:

The Card is true so far. Look for Big Show vs. Randy Orton to be added in as well. What really kills me is another Lesnar/HHH match this time inside a PG Steel Cage?? Really? Really? Really? absolutely stupid. I would think that for the 3 Way it will be a Ladder Match. You what would be better? We already have a MITB PPV involving ladder matches, HIAC PPV with the Cell Matches, TLC PPV with Tables,Ladders,Chair & TLC matches. For a PPV called Extreme Rules have every match be exactly that. There easily said. Then they can save these other special stips like steel cage, streture, ambulance, LMS, falls count anywhere or I Quit for some of those other PPVs

Didn't see Raw this week but assuming it's a 3 v. 2... I don't see how Team Hell No can possibly beat the Shield if they've beaten teams containing Cena, Ryback, Orton, Sheamus, Big Show etc. already.

Still, I agree about the card. Looks solid. Cena v. Ryback should be held off though. Ridiculous booking.
    Bring back the fourth wall

Banned

Cena vs Ryback

Dolph vs ADR and Swagger

HHH vs Brock in a Cage

Sheamus vs Henry

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    It is true expectations are higher for Mania, but the card will be better regardless. Brock/HHH in a cage will be better than their WM match, Cena/Ryback will probably be no worse than Rock/Cena was and Shield vs. Hell No will probably be better than their match with Ziggler/E. Not to mention ADR/Swagger will be better with Ziggler in the match now. 2008 was the last year I enjoyed Mania more than the first post-WM ppv.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Exactly right.

People are so quick to say, "There are so many PPVs that are better than WrestleMania." Well, yeah, if you weigh what you get against what the expectation is. But there's no way this would fly as a WrestleMania card, and you can say the same for most "B-level" shows.
    Even in a vacuum where there are no expectations (and considering I expect fuck all of Mania any more, I think it's fair for me to say this), I normally think there're many shows better than Mania.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Greene View Post
    It is true expectations are higher for Mania, but the card will be better regardless. Brock/HHH in a cage will be better than their WM match, Cena/Ryback will probably be no worse than Rock/Cena was and Shield vs. Hell No will probably be better than their match with Ziggler/E. Not to mention ADR/Swagger will be better with Ziggler in the match now. 2008 was the last year I enjoyed Mania more than the first post-WM ppv.
    True, but I'm more referring to the build up to WrestleMania. The OP said this card excites him more than WrestleMania, when there isn't anything more exciting about this card than the WrestleMania one, it's only the fact that the expectations are higher for WrestleMania which makes the difference. People seem to forget that when going into the next PPV.

For instance, going into WrestleMania people were upset about Brock/HHH happening again because the expectations are much higher for WrestleMania and they wanted something better like The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar. But now the 3rd match is happening for Extreme Rules and nobody is upset that this is the third time this match is happening as the expectations are lower for this PPV than they are for WrestleMania. All anyone sees now is a big match happening on a smaller show which will probably end up being pretty good, but with WrestleMania people wanted something better because it's WrestleMania.

I have no doubt the actual quality of the matches might very well end up being better at Extreme Rules than WrestleMania. But there are a few things to be considered in that such as the fans being more audible in an arena, as well as there being less pressure on guys to perform well which I think ultimately allows them to have a better match.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

http://www.wwe.com/shows/extremerule...yback-26107776

Cena vs. Ryback's official now.

They've been doing Tables matches between the two on the European Tour. Don't want a rehashing of how Sheamus won the title.
    EAT. SLEEP. BAE JOHN CENA. REPEAT.

/r/womenswrestling

My ideal Extreme Rules card as of right now, assuming John Cena will not be ready.

Main Event
    Falls Count Anywhere

The Undertaker, Kane, and Daniel Bryan vs. The Shield

Steel Cage
    Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar III

World Heavyweight Championship
    Ladder match

Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger

No. 1 Contender's match for title of the winner's choosing
    No DQ Scramble match

Ryback vs. Sheamus vs. Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton vs. Big Show

Ballroom Brawl
    Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

Divas Championship
    Extreme Rules match

Kaitlyn vs. AJ Lee

Interactive Pre-Show
    Intercontinental Championship
    Tables match

Wade Barrett vs. The Miz

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

As of right now, the two championship matches are looking very strong. The added of stipulation of a ladder match will be something to look forward too. I'm already interested in the Cena/Ryback WWE title match but I'm intrigued to find out their stipulation. I've heard a table match which could be lead to a very tense encounter. Also, the WWE title match just screams a controversial ending too me.
    The grudge cage match between Lesnar and Triple H has the potential to be awesome. I think the WrestleMania matchwas a step in the right direction and personally, a cage match is a very good match to end this rivalry on. I think this could be their best match and it could steal the show.
    I'm also intrigued to find out what The Shield will be doing. At the moment, I think two of the members (Reigns & Rollins) will go for the tag titles against Team Hell No but with the internet rumours going around that The Undertaker could still get involved in the event I'd put all 6 men in a 6 man tag extreme rules match. Or, if I'm dreaming, keep the tag title match and have The Undertaker Vs Dean Ambrose in a Extreme Rules match.

Thread Information