Thread: Post Raw Rocky Johnson says the rock is done and Ric Flair at the bar for hours

Banned

Default Post Raw Rocky Johnson says the rock is done and Ric Flair at the bar for hours

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10030807.shtml

Dot Net reader Shawn Valentino attended WrestleMania week and was in the same hotel as the WWE crew. He passed along the following report.

1. The audience at Raw was an ECW-type raucous crowd that completely made an otherwise dull program. We were doing ridiculous chants at the most inappropriate times. Fans were singing songs, doing the wave, etc. It was a surreal experience.

2. This was the first three-hour Raw I have ever attended in person. It felt like I was in the arena for ten hours. It was such a painstaking experience that I had to wander the hallway for about 45 minutes to make it bearable.

3. Dolph Ziggler got by far the biggest ovation of the night, and there was anticipation of his cashing in the briefcase throughout the night.

4. John Cena was booed out of the building and he did not help matters with his usual dork antics. If this is the Cena that we will get as champ, it is going to be a long year!

5. This show highlighted the creative deficiency of the last ten years as the current crop of dull, lifeless characters that WWE has stuffed down our throats received no reaction. Lame characters like Alberto Del Rio, Miz, Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, etc* received little to no reaction.

6. The audience’s frustration of the dull quality of the show for the first hour or so finally boiled over when Sheamus and Randy Orton came out. The audience reaction to the miscast Orton and the goofy Irishman was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. After being received by crickets, the match took on a transcendent atmosphere as we started random chants to entertain ourselves. Some of the better ones were when the crowd echoed the names of RVD, JBL, Michael Cole, Justin Roberts, Mike Kioto, etc. At one point, the wave even broke out. It was absolutely hilarious, and no matter how it came across on television, it could not have possibly captured the absurdity of being there. When Big Show came out, the chant of "Thank You Big Show" broke out and when he was unable to throw a chair into the ring, we screamed out, "One more chair!" Orton and Sheamus should have been embarrassed, but it was really a message to the WWE creative department that they have completely failed in creating compelling characters in the past decade. It was one of my highlights as a wrestling fan.

7. The hilarity continued when Fandango entered the ring and the audience danced and hummed his music. By this point, the show had become a complete mockery and the most entertaining moments were provided by the fans.

8. We left before the Cena-Henry match as we realized that you could not top ten thousand people dancing to Fandango’s music.

9. The hotel was not as exciting as it normally is, but when we got back we saw Ric Flair and Booker T drinking at the bar. Ric Flair had been there since about 2 p.m. until past midnight. Who can blame him?

10)** The mockery continued as I thanked "Diddy" for the photo after I got a picture with R-Truth. Sheamus looked really upset when he entered the hotel, but he still posed for pictures with various fans.

11)** We ended the night talking to Rocky Johnson, and he told us that Rock was done with wrestling. "He is making 30 million dollars a movie. Why would he need to deal with this nonsense?" You can take that for what it is worth. A few years ago, Johnson told my friend he was going to be made a General Manager and ride to WrestleMania on a horse so his track record for honesty is not great. I do not get a sense he is that close with his son, but it is still a noteworthy point. With all of these injuries, perhaps it is better for Rock to move on from this final chapter of his wrestling career.

Another WrestleMania week is in the history books. This was my 11th trip to Mania, and every year it is an incredible experience. Hopefully all have you have enjoyed reading my daily reports, but to truly fully understand the festivities, you really need to be there. Hope to see you all at Wrestlemania 30!

Knows he isn't welcome

Default Re: Post Raw Rocky Johnson says the rock is done and Ric Flair at the bar for hours

This guys sounds like a douche, good to know he left early.
    That's all, folks.

Banned

Default Re: Post Raw Rocky Johnson says the rock is done and Ric Flair at the bar for hours

Like this is news or something. Everyone knows that's more than likely his final match.

Quote Originally Posted by 123 Kid View Post
    Like this is news or something. Everyone knows that's more than likely his final match.
    Except that it's been reported quite a bit that he's committed to working Mania 30.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

He was expected to work Extreme Rules, and it wouldn't have surprised me if they got another match or two out of him in between now and WrestleMania.

But with the injury, that probably was the wake-up call to him that he needs to stop trying to have his cake and eat it too. If he wants to be a wrestler, fine. Commit. But so long as Hollywood is his priority, he shouldn't be risking his ability to do movies by mixing it up in the ring at his age and his physical condition. He just shouldn't be doing it. And no, I don't expect him to give up movies for wrestling. But I think he needs to realize it's time to stop trying to do both, now that he's given everyone what they wanted and he has nothing left to prove.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Yeah, now that this injury has happened, I think WrestleMania 30 will be his last match.

Whereas I don't think that would have been the case otherwise. But the movie studios could very well crack down on him now.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Okay, how the fuck did Rocky Johnson riding to WM on a horse not happen?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Except that it's been reported quite a bit that he's committed to working Mania 30.
    I'll believe that when it happens

Banned

I found it interesting that they said Rocky Johnson and the Rock werent close. I kind of saw this because he is always at ringside with his mom and grandma.

Also what was Flair doing at a bar for 12hrs other than being at raw?

Flair just buried his son, it's completely understandable you'd see him at a bar for 12hrs.

You'd probably see Flair at a bar for 12 hours on the best of days, let alone when he's grieving.

Quote Originally Posted by 123 Kid View Post
    I'll believe that when it happens
    Because him appearing at the press conference for it wasn't confirmation?

Bender

I do worry for Flair, after stopping at TNA, he was attending and helping his son with all his wrestling commitments. He threw all his energy into that, he said so himself.

What does he do now?

WWE would be wise to offer him a role training the guys down in Florida, giving him something to do. He'd also be close to his daughter, which would be a great thing for him.

Flair gets mocked a lot but I love the guy and want to see him come out of this alright.

The Rock's 40 years old now. With his recent injury, maybe its best he calls it quits. He made a name for himself in Hollywood and passed the torch to John Cena. Not a bad way to end your wrestling career.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Because him appearing at the press conference for it wasn't confirmation?
    Scratch that.

The fact he worked 2 Wrestlemanias and 3 other PPVs and was booked for another PPV after mania wasn't enough? I'd have got the 'I'll believe it when it happens' shit back at Wrestlemania 26, but NOW?
    Bow before Da Look. Resistance is Futile.

I would said that he could get maybe a few more matches in.

Rock only gets hurt when wrestling Cena. vs Awesome Truth no injury. Two matches with CM Punk no injury. My first thought when hearing of Rock's injury was that it was going to seriously screw up his movie schedule. I cant imagine what he is going thru trying to train for Hercules with muscles in his midsection torn from the bone. I wouldnt blame him for not wrestling again for a long time after this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    This guys sounds like a douche, good to know he left early.
    No kidding. Probably COTN

R-Truth should have slapped the shit out of this dude.

Banned

I really hope some WWE stars go to this prick's work and Seinfeld his ass.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10030807.shtml
    4. John Cena was booed out of the building and he did not help matters with his usual dork antics. If this is the Cena that we will get as champ, it is going to be a long year!
    Cena was masterful in the way he handled that crowd. He took their chants and used them within his promo. He also took their fury and had some fun with it by his "heel turn" antics. I hope WWE gives Cena the green light whenever he's working in front of a hostile crowd.

This guy typifies the annoying, not as smart as he thinks he is, arrogant smark.

- Slams everything about the product
    - Concludes that this was an incredible experience and he's going again next year!

What a sad act.

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

The same guys that bitch and moan are the same ones that watch. Trust me. Sure, I don't like every segment, but I watch for the wrestlers and segments I do like. There is plenty to like in the WWE right now. I respect guys like DJM that legitimately don't watch much anymore. That's what I did the majority of 2010 - just stopped watching cold turkey. Only thing I watched in 2010 was HBK-Taker at Wrestlemania 26. It fucking ruled, but it's just funny to me that people bitch and moan, yet still watch to bitch and moan again and again. Haha.

Thread Information