View Poll Results: If Taker/Kane/Bryan vs. The Shield happens, should it close Extreme Rules?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! YES! YES!

18 60.00%
  • NO! It should be Cena vs. Ryback.

10 33.33%
  • NO! It should be some other match.

2 6.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Taker/Kane/Bryan vs. The Shield main event Extreme Rules?

Question Should Taker/Kane/Bryan vs. The Shield main event Extreme Rules?

It looks like this match is a possibility to happen, which is pretty awesome in itself.

But I was thinking: Could it actually go on last?

You would think Cena/Ryback is a shoe in to be the show closer, and it probably is. But on the other hand, The Undertaker doing a non-WrestleMania match these days is a pretty big fucking deal. Add that to the fact that The Shield have been built up big time, and putting their angle ahead of the title would make them look even better, especially if they somehow were to win.

What do you think, PW?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Default Re: Should Taker/Kane/Bryan vs. The Shield main event Extreme Rules?

I think it would be cool , and a great change of pace but I don't think it happens.

The Shield closing the show , standing over a lifeless Undertaker would be great though.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

STL Cards: 90-72 :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

This would be great as the main event of ER!

surrender

I hold the traditionalist belief that the WWE Title match should almost always close the show. I don't think this should be an exception. Also I think Cena vs Ryback vs Henry is a very real possibility.

It looks as if it's going to be Cena vs. Henry vs. Ryback at Extreme Rules, so I can't see it being the main event. I'm a believer that the title match should always be on last (WWE don't seem to agree with me too much on this). However, I'll definitely be most interested in the six man tag team match if it occurs. Could be awesome. Everything The Shield has touched has been golden. We all know how great Daniel Bryan and Undertaker are, and I'm sure Kane can be dragged to a great match as well. Hope they book this.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Over Ryback vs. Cena? No way the six man tag should go last. If it was Cena vs. Henry than yes.

I used to agree on the "WWE Title should always close" thing, but over time I've moved away from it. I think we've gotten to a point where there are often matches that are arguably bigger than the championship, at least much more so than in the past.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

The 6 man tag should probably open the show. Ryback vs. Cena should go on last. The thought of even questioning if it shouldn't is baffling to me.

I would hope that they learned from their TLC mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    The thought of even questioning if it shouldn't is baffling to me.
    I'd ask why, but I think I know already so I won't bother.

Bender

The 6 man tag should probably open the show. Ryback vs. Cena should go on last. The thought of even questioning if it shouldn't is baffling to me.
    Not only that IT'S JOHN CENA. The guy who was main eventing when he DIDN'T have the title.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    Not only that IT'S JOHN CENA. The guy who was main eventing when he DIDN'T have the title.
    I knew someone would say that, and my response to it is, "It's The Undertaker. The guy who hasn't been in a non-WrestleMania televised match since 2010."

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'd ask why, but I think I know already so I won't bother.
    Because it's John Cena vs. Ryback. What did you think it was?

Because it's John Cena vs. Ryback. What did you think it was?
    The Undertaker, especially teaming with Kane again > Cena/Ryback.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    The Undertaker, especially teaming with Kane again > Cena/Ryback.
    I don't think so. Cena vs. Ryback needs to be built like Cena/Lashley was. The booking for that match and the build was really good.

I knew someone would say that, and my response to it is, "It's The Undertaker. The guy who hasn't been in a non-WrestleMania televised match since 2010."
    I didn't mean to say that in a condescending manner, but as truth. He just defeated the guy starring in the #1 movie in America. The Undertaker only use to end shows when they weren't top draws or names to finish off with or the endings weren't babyface happy like the times with Bret in 1994.

Cena main events over him just this past Sunday and every year except WM 26 in HBK's retirement match.

I wouldn't be surprised if its a triple threat with Cena vs. Henry vs. Ryback where Henry takes the loss which would explain somewhat the booking on Sunday with him and Ryback.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Depends on the match and the finish.

If It's Cena vs. Ryback, then they should main-event.

If it's a triple threat, the six-man should go last.

If they plan of giving Ryback the title then they should definitely main event.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Depends on the match and the finish.

If It's Cena vs. Ryback, then they should main-event.

If it's a triple threat, the six-man should go last.

If they plan of giving Ryback the title then they should definitely main event.
    This.

Cool banner by the way.

So what happens if The Shield WIN. Is it going to be on last? They HAVEN'T LOST YET!

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    I didn't mean to say that in a condescending manner, but as truth. He just defeated the guy starring in the #1 movie in America. The Undertaker only use to end shows when they weren't top draws or names to finish off with or the endings weren't babyface happy like the times with Bret in 1994.

Cena main events over him just this past Sunday and every year except WM 26 in HBK's retirement match.

I wouldn't be surprised if its a triple threat with Cena vs. Henry vs. Ryback where Henry takes the loss which would explain somewhat the booking on Sunday with him and Ryback.
    It didn't come off condescending, don't worry. I disagree, though.

Cena main evented over Taker at Mania the past three years, in large part, because he was involved with The Rock. Ryback is not The Rock. I don't think it's that big of a stretch to say that Undertaker main eventing his first non-WrestleMania pay-per-view in two and a half years is a possibility.

Bender

Are people of the mindset that The Shield should go under Taker/Kane/DB?

It didn't come off condescending, don't worry. I disagree, though.

Cena main evented over Taker at Mania the past three years, in large part, because he was involved with The Rock. Ryback is not The Rock. I don't think it's that big of a stretch to say that Undertaker main eventing his first non-WrestleMania pay-per-view in two and a half years is a possibility.
    Oh not saying it isn't possible, but highly unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Are people of the mindset that The Shield should go under Taker/Kane/DB?
    I say it's a toss up because the variable is Undertaker. Shield most likely will take the strap off Kane/DB. Don't know why Taker is doing this program. He might want to help Shield.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

WARNING: SMACKDOWN SPOILERS

Spoiler

Okay, now I'm really confused.

Bender

Okay, now I'm really confused.
    I wouldn't read too much into the deal with HHH. It was probably a way to bring him out for the live crowd and get others involved.

Thread Information