Thread: The Raw Crowd Challenge

Banned

Default The Raw Crowd Challenge

So, we all can agree that last night's Raw crowd was a phenomenal one. So much so that it is the buzz of the online wrestling community. Even the WWE itself has acknowledged how exceptional the crowd was.

From listening to podcasts and reading comments on forums such as this, there seems to be a challenge for future crowds to step up their game and be just outspoken, spontaneous, fun, and interactive. I would love to see this as well.

So, will the crowds keep up the momentum? I think they could, but only if the WWE delivers a product worth getting excited for.

OR

Maybe it's the reverse. The WWE continues delivering lackluster shows and the fans take it upon themselves to make the show fun and interesting. In fact, I like that idea. Until the WWE can elevate their shows, the crowds need take control and have fun on their own terms. But if there can be a synergy where the fans are excited for an exciting show, all the better.

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Default Re: The Raw Crowd Challenge

This won't have any long-term impact, it's just something special that happens every once in a while.

Spoiler

There's a slight chance it could carry on for a few weeks - but long term it won't happen. I think I'm right in saying its in Boston next week and if the crowd there go for it and try and out-do this weeks crowd it could be a lot of fun.

I'm sure there were an awful lot of Brits in the crowd yesterday which also helps - and Raw from London in a couple of weeks time will be similar to last night!!!

Long-term it will fizzle out
    2009/2010 PREM PREDICTIONS CHAMPION

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhart View Post
    This won't have any long-term impact, it's just something special that happens every once in a while.
    Yup. Happened last year following Mania as well, and the crowds didn't exactly stay like that the rest of the year.

They should, though. It's ridiculous that people spend money on these events and then just sit there. I know that when I went to WrestleMania, I screamed so much that I could barely talk yesterday.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

It'll go for a couple of weeks, especially with the UK tour coming up.

Will have no lasting impact though.

Thanks Heteroflexible

It will pass, but just to remind some of awesome crowds remember this after Mania 18

It's post Mania tradition. We just haven't got these kind of crowds in years since the switch to PG on a regular basis.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Banned

It's a shame if it doesn't last. The WWE should do everything they can to cultivate and sustain such an atmosphere. I think such fun shows would be must-see TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It's a shame if it doesn't last. The WWE should do everything they can to cultivate and sustain such an atmosphere. I think such fun shows would be must-see TV.
    Then it becomes forced and manipulated. The exact opposite of what made last night so special

Thanks Heteroflexible

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Hope it goes on for a while, the YES thing is still over, so we'll see. One could argue that Bryan truly became a star the night after WM 28.

Spoiler

I think WWE wants it to. They flat out called out Boston, and told them to top it.
    baboosh

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by David*Dream* View Post
    Then it becomes forced and manipulated. The exact opposite of what made last night so special
    Depends. If the WWE goes overboard as they tend to do and attempt to take ownership of the phenomenon, then yes, it would be forced and manipulated. However, I don't see a problem with them needling and smartly feeding such an atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    I think WWE wants it to. They flat out called out Boston, and told them to top it.
    Yeah, I can see this happening after every big time crowd. By calling out Boston to top it, you know they'll do their utmost to top it and become "better fans" than NY.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Depends. If the WWE goes overboard as they tend to do and attempt to take ownership of the phenomenon, then yes, it would be forced and manipulated. However, I don't see a problem with them needling and smartly feeding such an atmosphere.
    This is HIGHLY possible lol. The company failed quite for a while there trying to manipulate the "What" chants though. Encouraging fan involvement is good though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coolstuff View Post
    Yeah, I can see this happening after every big time crowd. By calling out Boston to top it, you know they'll do their utmost to top it and become "better fans" than NY.
    That is a good idea to do.

Maybe we'll get another war. Instead of wcw vs. ecw vs. wwf fans we get city to city battles like in other sports.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

There is strong difference between an amped crowd and a crowd looking to hijack the show and put themselves over. If crowds like the one from Monday were a continuous weekly thing, I might very well consider handing in my fan card from fear of being associated with such idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hustle View Post
    There is strong difference between an amped crowd and a crowd looking to hijack the show and put themselves over.
    Yeah there is a difference and hijacking the show isn't good, but I really doubt crowds like Monday will become the norm. That was just an exception.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Thread Information