Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we all face it, that John Cena will NEVER turn heel?

Default Should we all face it, that John Cena will NEVER turn heel?

Tonight was suppose to be the night. A night where the universe would be turned upside down. A night where the biggest superstar in recent memory shows his true colors, and adjusts his attitude.

But instead, at the end of the night, we got the same old shit. We got the same bland, goofy, TV-G quality superface. We got the same lame-ass John Cena.

This was perhaps the best opportunity to turn him heel. And instead, Vince's grapefruits shriveled into a couple of rotten prunes.

Should we face the fact that John Cena will never, EVER become a bad guy? Or do you see another opportunity? And please explain how and why.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

Default Re: Should we all face it, that John Cena will NEVER turn heel?

As long as WWE is in the PG era Cena will forever be this goofy, inane character. I won't be around to watch him headline shows as "the champ" but those who do stick around can essentially expect a rerun of 2006/2007, because there is nowhere else to go with this character. But as long as Raw gets its 3.0 rating Vince has no incentive to do anything creative, and I'm sure the same people will continue to watch regardless. Those bored with the direction of the company stopped watching a while ago (and most didn't come back for the RR/WM season, which should worry Vince but judging by the WM results it clearly didn't).

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Yes it is time to face the facts. He and Vince has everything to lose and notting to grain. Like he said the other day with all the Charitable work that hes does he not going to give that up for some short term storyline. Then you got Vince sitting in his office saiding you know I got too much Money I think I will turn John heel that will put a nice dent in Merchandise sale.

I don't know is me or is this the only place that talks about Cena turning. As far as the Fans at the shows go I remember HBK telling Bret Hart years ago when you pay your money to come to these show you can cheer or boo you ever you want.

Also to Quote Ric Flair Love him or Hate Him Learn to to live with it.
    Cena as a Face is here to stay.

As long as John Cena maintains a respectable fan base of women and children and does a good job of selling merchandise to those groups, he will never turn heel. It sucks for guys like us, but that's just the way it is.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

This obviously isn't the only place where people complain about him staying a face when week in and out he is booed by fans in arenas all over the world, some much louder than others.

Boos for the top good guy isn't a good thing no matter how much they hype it up to be...it means somethings wrong with the character in a lot of people's eyes and they don't like him as a good guy.

But after tonight it seems as if there really is no hope, here's here for the rest of the forseeable future.

Nothing to look forward to anymore, welcome back to the last 9 years.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

There is hope, it's called Impact Wrestling... watch it

He's already a heel, and has been so for a few years now. Not in the traditional sense of kayfabe, but if you ignored him visually and only listened to the crowd on hand, you'd be hard pressed not to think such.

If he were to "turn" (which appears to be nothing short of impossible at this point) I think we'd find ourselves in a very curious situation, similar to the one we've been in now for the last five or so years, only on the opposite side of the spectrum. A large demographic of fans would actually cheer for Cena showing some ruthlessness and dirtying up his sleeves, while a lot of the die-hard marks would feel betrayed. You'd still hear "Let's go Cena! - CENA SUCKS!" from the crowd, but the divisions would be different this time.

Honestly, as promising a scenario as Cena turning heel would have been, I think I'm beginning to understand why some would rather have him stay the same. If anything, Cena standing up to his detractors week in and week out, all the while retaining his integrity, is something sorely missing from society these days. Too many people take the cheap way out. Kids need heroes, and judging by how well Cena fills those shoes, I say let the dead dog remain where it is.

That being said, a little character development and adding of depth every now and then wouldn't hurt either.

Diva of Destruction iron maiden's Avatar

When everyone first questioned it after the 'debate' I knew it wasn't going to fly. They can't. Buisness wise it makes ZERO sense. You may not like it but them the breaks. Honestly, I don't care if he turns heel or not. I like John Cena, the person and the character.

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA View Post
    There is hope, it's called Impact Wrestling... watch it
    I've watched it and I think you and I have two completely different definitions of 'hope'.

Sting
    Diva of Destruction
    Empress of Canadia
    2010 Queen of the Forum
    2012 Tag Team Queen of the Forum - Rogue and iron maiden
    2013 PW Hall of Fame (Thank You)

Quote Originally Posted by iron maiden View Post
    I've watched it and I think you and I have two completely different definitions of 'hope'.
    When was the last time you watched it? If recently, what about the current TNA product is worse than WWE?

Diva of Destruction iron maiden's Avatar

Someone whose opinion I respect has instructed me to give it another chance. I usually do about one a month just to see what is going on but haven't recently so instead of turning this into a 'WWE vs TNA' thread, I'll just say I will watch it and send you my thoughts at a later date.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Sting
    Diva of Destruction
    Empress of Canadia
    2010 Queen of the Forum
    2012 Tag Team Queen of the Forum - Rogue and iron maiden
    2013 PW Hall of Fame (Thank You)

I can only echo his/her sentiments and suggest you do. History shows that Vince only changes things when eyeballs start switching to another product, and with TNA finally at a decent level it's time people gave it another chance and forced Vince's hand - else accept the same shit year in year out in the WWE Universe.

Banned

I have no incentive to watch wrestling anymore now that it has been verified that Cena will undoubtedly be more fruity and happy-go-lucky than ever, especially now that he's accomplished his biggest goal. It's not a big deal at all, but Punk really reinvigorated my interest in this product.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LTS View Post
    Yes it is time to face the facts. He and Vince has everything to lose and notting to grain. Like he said the other day with all the Charitable work that hes does he not going to give that up for some short term storyline. Then you got Vince sitting in his office saiding you know I got too much Money I think I will turn John heel that will put a nice dent in Merchandise sale.

I don't know is me or is this the only place that talks about Cena turning. As far as the Fans at the shows go I remember HBK telling Bret Hart years ago when you pay your money to come to these show you can cheer or boo you ever you want.

Also to Quote Ric Flair Love him or Hate Him Learn to to live with it.
    Cena as a Face is here to stay.
    I don't know where people get this ridiculous notion that turning a superstar heel automatically makes sales and revenues go down. It's the biggest nonsense I've heard around here. Going this same boring stale ratings killing ass route is what affects the business in the long run.

Ratings owns buystes anyday and they've been doing shitty in that department for a very Long time.

They only have themselves to blame when the ratings to back to being in the shitter.

After this morning i'm off the wagon. They teased the hell out of it, the moment was there if they wanted it and they left it alone. In my mind he's never turning now.

The one silver lining is that there's no Big Johnny involvement. It beggars belief why he was the one to come out on that SD.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

I don't really get it, if Cena turns heel who are all the kiddo's going to cheer for? Why would you turn your top babyface heel when you don't have another one in the company to take his spot? All wrestling promotions need a guy that the little kids and teenage girls can get behind. That's where the money comes from. Why would they turn him heel? To satisfy a bunch of smart marks in their mid 20's who pirate PPVs? Psssshh.

Well, I think it's good that they didn't turn Cena heel. I mean, who the hell would be top face.... Triple H? We all know how much the die-hards love him.

Yes, the teased the heel turn to suspend belief I'm guessing, to get the fans thinking will he or won't he. Even in the match, Cena's mannerisms were questionable and that of a heel. I'm glad Cena is back as champion because at least we'll see that sweet looking title week in and week out now.

Unless of course, Rock cashes in his rematch clause and wins it tonight or something
    - Credit: Bender -

Cena doesn't need to turn straight up heel, he just needs to change. There's more than one way to skin a cat. I've read arguments that he has changed over the last year, but I just don't see it. His "down year" would have been a roaring success for any other superstar. Cena has the potential to be a fantastic tweener character, maybe a little edgy for the kiddies at times but not enough so that they can't cheer for him.

I don't see how another Super Cena run can do anything other than drag the company down. From tonight onwards a significant change needs to happen with Cena's character, but I don't think WWE will do this until they have no choice.

As much as I want to see Cena turn heel, there is nobody waiting in the wings to take that top babyface spot. It should have been Ryback, but the booking has killed Ryback dead. So we have to put up with a face Cena for a long time to come.
    DVD Clearout: Raw, Smackdown, Nitro, Thunder, ECW TV, TNA Impact. MUST GO. PM me for details

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

It's very possible that he never will at this point. As others have said, that was their opportunity, and they opted against it.

I think the bigger issue is figuring out what he does for the rest of the year in terms of feuds.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Their goal was to make Cena bigger by facing and beating The Rock. What will happen if the crowd does not fall into it ? Cuz I think tonight will be a first indication of what they will have to deal with for the whole year.

Cena won't be turning heel. Didn't think he would at 'Mania and don't think he will in the future.

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I guess I'm in the minority here. I'll go out on a limb when I say Cena will turn heel sometime this year. That might not be a bold prediction as we still have lots of 2013 to go. But, I just sense it. Cena in his post match interview says: " It was finally enough." Cena has been getting a mixed reaction for a while now and kayfabe speaking, he could understand the booing because he hadn't yet won the big one. Now, that he has won the big on, he won't take to getting booed too well. It will eat him alive and he will eventually snap and turn on the fans. It's too good to not do. It makes perfect sense. It writes itself. WWE would be too stupid to not pull the trigger. But, maybe they are that stupid.

Yeah, Slim, I think there's still a possibility of something happening soon. They just need to start booking someone to take his place. It clearly isn't going to be Ryback.

The Crimson Nutcase Tarzan Taborda's Avatar

guess so, he will remain boring, and IŽll continue to flip the channel when I get bored.

Thread Information