Thread: The Rock to be the WWE 2K14 cover boy

Default The Rock to be the WWE 2K14 cover boy

Twitter:

Stephanie McMahon ‏@StephMcMahon 1h

"Breaking News: @TheRock will be featured on the cover of WWE 2K 14" Casey Collins EVP CPG #BPS #Wrestlemania
    I didn't want to post a thread in the VG forums until some substantial news about the game comes out, but thought this would be interesting enough to share.

-surrender-

Banned

Default Re: The Rock to be the WWE 2K14 cover boy

This is cool. Glad Rocky is on the Cover of another game.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Just make the damn thing a No Mercy update that's all we want.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    Just make the damn thing a No Mercy update that's all we want.
    Speak for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Pisses me off that The Rock is on the cover. Seriously he is on only Wrestlemania season. When he was the time this dude competed on Raw or Smackdown. 10 years ago? Please he isn't even a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by x iCame2Play x View Post
    Pisses me off that The Rock is on the cover. Seriously he is on only Wrestlemania season. When he was the time this dude competed on Raw or Smackdown. 10 years ago? Please he isn't even a superstar.
    You're kidding me, right?

Look, yes, Dwayne is only here for WrestleMania and big moments like Raw 1000. I don't like one bit that as soon as he shows up, nothing else matters. But there's a damned good reason why that happens: The Rock isn't just the biggest superstar WWE has available to them, he's the biggest multi-industry megastar WWE has available to them. So even if I would like to see CM Punk on the cover again, or Dolph Ziggler, or John Cena, or whoever else ... the fact of the matter is Rock is the biggest name WWE has and, as a business, they have every right to milk it for all it's worth for as long as they can.

If only they could figure out how to keep taking golden eggs from Dwayne without starving the geese who work full-time ...

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

FINALLY...The Rock HAS COME BACK...to the cover of his game!

I couldn't care less who's on the cover, I just hope its better than the last few games.

Wonder how Take Two will use him in their promotion?

All well and good to slap him on the cover but I don't think it'd make any difference to the sales unless he lends himself to the promotion.

This game represents a big opportunity for the WWE. Under a new banner, they could really take a nice bite out of the video game holiday period. They really need to market this game as a new leap into the WWE Universe and make it as big as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
    I couldn't care less who's on the cover, I just hope its better than the last few games.
    Pretty much my thoughts on this as well, I don't care whose on the cover as long the next WWE game is better then the previous installment and so on with each new game released.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Wonder how Take Two will use him in their promotion?

All well and good to slap him on the cover but I don't think it'd make any difference to the sales unless he lends himself to the promotion.

This game represents a big opportunity for the WWE. Under a new banner, they could really take a nice bite out of the video game holiday period. They really need to market this game as a new leap into the WWE Universe and make it as big as possible.
    It won't be. The game is still coming out this fall which suggests (to me) that this will be the same game we would have gotten before but with a 2Ksports banner where the THQ logo used to be.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

I was a big fan of WWE 13. I enjoyed the gameplay a lot. As for Rock being on the cover I'm fine with it. Since he will be a focal point I hope we get 4 versions of Rock for this game: Rocky Maivia, The Rock 98', Hollywood Rock, The Rock (current).

Banned

I haven't played a WWE video game in maybe ten years? So who am I to complain or bitch about The Rock being on the cover. Just hope its a good game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dose View Post
    It won't be. The game is still coming out this fall which suggests (to me) that this will be the same game we would have gotten before but with a 2Ksports banner where the THQ logo used to be.
    Yeah I doubt there will be many alterations at all but if I was marketing it I'd make out that there's been a huge change under the 2K banner to give wrestling fans the most enjoyable experience to date in the WWE universe.

It'd be a crock of shit but most marketing is.

2K15 is where I'd back it up though to show we were listening to the consumers.

The problem with modern WWE games is that they're just not enjoyable. They're clunky messes that remove players from the game for the sake of 'simulation'. Instead of addressing the core gameplay issues, Yukes instead focus on introducing more modes to appease fans and get them to spend an extra $50-60 (DLC content baby) to play their mediocre game.

I don't want No Mercy 2013, just as much as I don't want the Attitude Era in 2013 but I would like to see elements from that time brought up. The AKI series was great because it handled like a game with a set of rules that players had to follow in order to be good. I'd like to see that brought back and expanded on. I'd also like for fans to have as much control over the game as possible to not only feel like they're apart of the WWE universe but they can make their own.
    Last edited by Big Pete; 04-07-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Glad to see the Rock on the cover.

Everything Burns UltimateSavior's Avatar

Tha Gr8 1 will work like a Jedi Mind Trick on those still going to pay full price for a game series that hasn't been seriously retooled for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSavior View Post
    Tha Gr8 1 will work like a Jedi Mind Trick on those still going to pay full price for a game series that hasn't been seriously retooled for several years.
    Yeah, but that was under the THQ regime. Let's see how Take-Two does things for the series.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

Seems a pretty good move to have Rock on the cover. He is their biggest star, so why not use him.

Thread Information