Thread: Hunico

Back for the first time. T-Money's Avatar

Default Hunico

Now that he has finally returned at Axxess teaming with Camacho again, what do you think is in store for this guy? Its ironic to me WWE are looking to position the next Latino stars to fill the void of Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio and they have this super-talented dude on their roster - who gave Sin Cara his best match in the Mask VS Mask match in Mexico City, October 16th 2011. He is technically sound and can mash Lucha with the WWE style successfully and yet is stuck in the stereotypical Latino gangster gimmick.

In bits and pieces he's done decent promos and at least can talk better than Alberto Del Rio for sure. What do you guys think and hope for Hunico's future in WWE?

Default Re: Hunico

Can't wait for him to return, I was really glad to see he was wrestling at Axxess today. He's a tremendous worker, and one of my real favourites. Hopefully he gets a decent push, but really I'd be happy if all he returns to is putting out awesome stuff on Superstars like he was prior to his injury.

Exciting times with some elite talent like Hunico, Christian and Evan Bourne coming back after Mania!

Hunico is a good talent. Ironically the last time Sin Cara was relevant was when Hunico was under the mask.

They really could just return him as Sin Cara. That way you get the marketability of the gimmick combined with someone who can actually wrestle in the WWE environment.

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    They really could just return him as Sin Cara. That way you get the marketability of the gimmick combined with someone who can actually wrestle in the WWE environment.
    I was thinking this as well. I want to like Sin Cara but his early botching and inability to stay healthy makes it very hard.

Hunico's 35 years old. So he won't be the next Latino star they can bank on for years to come. They'd be wise putting him under a hood again and maybe teaming him with Sin Cara as a tag team since Rey is always injured.

I feel more sorry for the samoan guy who got lumped into being his sidekick. Haku's son deserves better.
    baboosh

Ironically Hunico was known for botching and having horrible matches on the indies. He's been solid on the WWE roster though, he's turned into a real nice worker. I doubt he'll get any sort of push down the line though.

Remember when people stayed On-Topic? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Bender's Banner Shop of Freaks and Oddities

NOW OPEN!

I like the gimmick he currently has, I just wish he can get a Homicide esque push in the hey day of TNA and be a US/IC title contender....I didn't get the Hunico hype about 2 years ago but I've grown a real appreciation for him over time.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    I like the gimmick he currently has, I just wish he can get a Homicide esque push in the hey day of TNA and be a US/IC title contender....I didn't get the Hunico hype about 2 years ago but I've grown a real appreciation for him over time.
    When Homicide lost his damn mind, that shit was golden. I remember World Elite walking down a corridor before a match, and Homicides just running around them ripping shit off the walls for no reason.
    baboosh

Glad that he is back in the ring again. WWE wasted a great opportunity when he lost the Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara match, they should have had him return as another masked heel wrestler rather than this street thug gimmick which hasn't worked. Get him back under a mask because he showed that he can play that luchadore role well when he subbed in for Sin Cara.

If they are going to stick with this gimmick then I hope they actually push him and Camacho as a team. WWE has so many actual tag teams yet all they do is bury them. The division can make them money so start pushing The Usos, Epico/Primo, Hunico/Camacho etc. and get the division going again rather than solely relying on stop gap teams.

If Hunico had gotten the sam push Sin Cara did, he would have held plenty of mid-card gold by now for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Hunico is a good talent. Ironically the last time Sin Cara was relevant was when Hunico was under the mask.
    WWE should have Hunico under the Sin Cara musk & have the dude eho is the present Sin Cara be what we know him as Mistico ...............happy days all round

I think he would make a great team with Sin Cara I thought I read somewhere that Ray was talking about retireing.

I think he would play the Sin Cara character better than Misico. ..

Thread Information