Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of heel would Cena be?

Banned

Default What kind of heel would Cena be?

Thread title says it all. If Cena turns heel (which seems impossible to believe), what kind of heel will he likely be? A cowardly, conniving heel? A dominant powerhouse heel? Or some vague combination of the two like Tripe H was during his reign of terror? Or will he be something else entirely?

Banned

Default Re: What kind of heel would Cena be?

A "Hollywood" Hogan type of heel. Thinks he's a superstar and the man and brags about what he's got and how big of an icon he is, but he'll still cheat and MAYBE even be cowardly. Appropriate considering Cena keeps getting compared to Hogan, right down to how well the heel turn might be received.

I see Cena giving a promo (when/if he ever does turn heel) about how he's had to put on a pretty face and character for the WWE all these years but he's finally sick of it and now is just gonna let loose and be who he really is. Just like Hogan saying his main motivation wasn't "taking your vitamins and saying your prayers" but rather the money was. If Cena's turn comes after his own kiddies get sick of him and turn against him just like Hogan's did, the comparision will be even more on point.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

I want him to come out in a Lambo and say that this is what the kids' t-shirt money buys him.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I don't think Cena doing Hogan would work because everyone will make comparisons to it. Hogan's heel turn worked for more reasons than just saying he did it for the money.

It worked in part yes because he was promoted as a SELL OUT by the WWF and ended up joining sides with the WWF invaders in Hall and Nash.

Cena should be a dominant heel like HHH was because that is where most of his heat is coming from right now anyways.

Just have it where Cena cheats to win much more and dashes away "Hustle, Loyalty. and Respect" by having Cena do the exact opposite.

Why?

Because the fans have not shown to have "Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect" by not following for his hustle of catering to kids , he shows no more loyalty to his fans, and no longer has any respect for anyone.

In other words become Ric Flair's "TO BE THE MAN YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN". Turning on the kids is the easy part, but remaining a heel with the rest of the audience is key and keeping Cena as the New York Yankees is the way to do it by having him seem like a political and scheming guy(has guys become his lackey who don't realize they are which is actually an attempt to keep them under his thumb and title reign) who no longer cares about ANYONE'S opinion of him.

To really drive home the point that he is the COMPANY poser boy regardless if fans like it or not and I think a key feud has to be with Undertaker to get the point totally across.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I think Cena would use the whole "you people don't appreciate me" excuse for a heel turn. After over a decade of him kissing up to the fans, playing the good guy, doing more charity work than any other guy on the roster and he still gets booed out of the building every time he comes out to the ring. The only fans he has are kids and that's why the E (Yes, the company doesn't even respect him) keeps cranking out all these bright colored John Cena shirts, so all the little A.D.D., idiot kids will demand their parents buy for them. He's had enough and if the fans want to hate him, if the fans still want to boo him and chant that he sucks, than he's going to give them a reason to do it! I don't think he goes chickensh!t heel though. I agree with Vince McMahon, a heel Cena should be more of a HHH type heel but angrier. It's years of pent up frustration that he just unleashes.

Now the question is, should Cena turn heel? I don't think so. Not yet. Right now it still seems like most crowds are still mixed about 50/50 on Cena. It varies, obviously but I think on average the crowds are pretty split. When the vast majority of the arenas are hating Cena on a regular basis, that's when you turn him.
    Last edited by merle; 04-05-2013 at 12:05 PM.

The resentment angle is ripe for the picking. It writes itself, seeing as how all he does is kiss ass to fans who, at least half of which, boo him out of the building every night. It's easy to see him aligning with someone like The Shield to help him win against someone he can't beat clean (hello, Rock) and being like, "Now I'll give you a reason to boo me."

Alas, it will not happen.

I see him going back to his Doctor Of Thumbofnoct with the Chain and all. Maybe not the Rapping part

Quote Originally Posted by LTS View Post
    I see him going back to his Doctor Of Thumbofnoct with the Chain and all. Maybe not the Rapping part
    See, that's the last thing I want to happen. Not that it isn't entertaining, that was the John Cena of whom I first became a fan. But it would be a huge step backwards.

If he goes heel (and I still think a clean win over Rock is far, far more likely), I want it to draw upon everything that's happened SINCE he stopped being that guy. How the fans turned on him, how he's fought for them for so long and they'll always love people like The Rock more. How The Rock himself was the source of his agony for over two long years and how, on the second try, he either had to do something drastic to beat him, or couldn't beat him, and then just snapped.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

i could see him doing the same damn thing he's been doing.

if he cheats or gets a shady win at wm he'll just say "he did what needed to be done" and then go on his merry way.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

That would never happen.

People really take their cynicism to unnecessary extremes at times.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Thread title says it all. If Cena turns heel (which seems impossible to believe), what kind of heel will he likely be? A cowardly, conniving heel? A dominant powerhouse heel? Or some vague combination of the two like Tripe H was during his reign of terror? Or will he be something else entirely?
    Mercury has created another thread to discuss john cena turning heel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lee 3:16 View Post
    Mercury has created another thread to discuss john cena turning heel
    If you actually take time to consider the question you might just realize that it's a very specific question that hasn't been explored. Everybody talks about whether he will turn heel and whether he should turn heel, but I haven't seen much discussion about what type of heel he would be. But then again, I haven't been visiting the forum much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

I'm not sure I can label what kind of heel I think he'd be. The idea of him turning leaves open so many possibilities. I actually don't think he'd change a whole lot, not at first anyway. I think he'd try to explain himself at first but continue to do heel things and then eventually become...probably a dominant.powerful sort of heel I guess.

Banned

I agree with the notion of using a resentment angle. Not only is it obvious, in my opinion it's the best way they could take it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
    The resentment angle is ripe for the picking. It writes itself, seeing as how all he does is kiss ass to fans who, at least half of which, boo him out of the building every night. It's easy to see him aligning with someone like The Shield to help him win against someone he can't beat clean (hello, Rock) and being like, "Now I'll give you a reason to boo me."

Alas, it will not happen.
    That's the way I'd like to see it go down. Its real, it wouldn't be forced, and Cena could delve into his dark side.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

I'd make him an obnoxious heel.

So basically current Cena dialled up to 11.

Think Bono from South Park - he always has to be the best.

I'd have Cena screw The Rock at Mania but act like he won fair and square and that he finally got the monkey off his back and now he's going to not only break Punk's record for the longest reign but also Bruno's.

Then when he's finished, he'll vacate the title, only to win it again and repeat the process until he takes over Flair's number of reigns.

Somebody stop him!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    I'd make him an obnoxious heel.

So basically current Cena dialled up to 11.

Think Bono from South Park - he always has to be the best.

I'd have Cena screw The Rock at Mania but act like he won fair and square and that he finally got the monkey off his back and now he's going to not only break Punk's record for the longest reign but also Bruno's.

Then when he's finished, he'll vacate the title, only to win it again and repeat the process until he takes over Flair's number of reigns.

Somebody stop him!
    I say take it even further. Have Cena hold every belt in the company, even the tag titles, at once by himself. Even bring back titles for Cena to hold, such as the European and Hardcore. Make Cena's desire for gold and dominance as ridiculous and lavish as possible. Go WAY over the top with Cena. Make people really hate his guts and detest him. Now that sounds like a fun way to book Cena.

Gaberlunzie Jackanapes RINGKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I say take it even further. Have Cena hold every belt in the company, even the tag titles, at once by himself. Even bring back titles for Cena to hold, such as the European and Hardcore. Make Cena's desire for gold and dominance as ridiculous and lavish as possible. Go WAY over the top with Cena. Make people really hate his guts and detest him. Now that sounds like a fun way to book Cena.
    Actually, I thought of an idea to have Cena unify the Titles as a heel. If he turns heel, best time to do it IMO.

Banner by-ThreadKiller

Banned

It would actually be nice and refreshing to see a cowardly, conniving heel Cena. He'll thrive in that role

I think Cena would do well as a Vicious heel, a la Mark Henry. CM Punk is a heel for being a prick, Cena just needs to be a mean sonofbitch, beating mofo's down left and right..and cheating/low blowing big name opponents to win. I agree, have him Unify the titles..and his mantra needs to be, BOO ME? BOO ME?? EFF YOU!
    "Girls, you can't be the first, but you can be next.

--Richard Morgan Fliehr

I actually don't even see the problem. Cena is a heel, if what people say here is correct, to around 50% of the audience. If he can play this role (and I suspect that this is exactly the role Vince wants him to play) and still sell fifty quinzillion t-shirts a year, then it it is win-win.

If people are booing because they genuinely hate him that's a good thing. When they start booing because they become totally indifferent to him, or worse still, become silent when he enters, then this becomes a problem. That's the time to turn him.

Isn't the salute and smiles at the boos, and the promos. all part of the game? Cena is shitting in the faces of the people who boo him every time he does this. And it does not seem to be creating boredom, it seems to be creating a genuine dislike of the character among part of the audience. and why the ending of Wrestlemania was so perfect. Cena managed to really piss off many people and created genuine emotion among the fans. Hunter managed to do this to me a few years back - I would buy every PPV just in the hope of seeing him finally get trashed.

I'm sorry, but I thought that this is what wrestling was all about, The "pure" face/heel thing is so 1970's

Norm

A nonexistent one.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
    I actually don't even see the problem. Cena is a heel, if what people say here is correct, to around 50% of the audience. If he can play this role (and I suspect that this is exactly the role Vince wants him to play) and still sell fifty quinzillion t-shirts a year, then it it is win-win.

If people are booing because they genuinely hate him that's a good thing. When they start booing because they become totally indifferent to him, or worse still, become silent when he enters, then this becomes a problem. That's the time to turn him.

Isn't the salute and smiles at the boos, and the promos. all part of the game? Cena is shitting in the faces of the people who boo him every time he does this. And it does not seem to be creating boredom, it seems to be creating a genuine dislike of the character among part of the audience. and why the ending of Wrestlemania was so perfect. Cena managed to really piss off many people and created genuine emotion among the fans. Hunter managed to do this to me a few years back - I would buy every PPV just in the hope of seeing him finally get trashed.

I'm sorry, but I thought that this is what wrestling was all about, The "pure" face/heel thing is so 1970's

Norm
    We shall see because there is a difference. If NO ONE is seen at Cena's level and he just continues to just roll over the heels it just becomes redundant. It defeats the purpose. I agreed with it being done in 2006-7 because it was a new dynamic that was explored in pro wrestling before. Doing it STILL in 2013 is played out. Cena has to change something this time around to keep people interested. Cena has already run over the roster already, but in 2006-7 it was different because he had a roster of faces he never feuded with.

Another problem is that in 2006-7 he had the veterans to play off of as fans believed they could be the one to stop him such as Kurt Angle, Christian, HHH, HBK, and so on. Today Cena is the wily veteran who the crowd knows can't or won't lose to guys like Fandango, Henry, or Swagger.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Thread Information