Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Spoiler* John Cena's next feud

Question *Spoiler* John Cena's next feud

credit wrestling observer newsletter

WWE officials have discussed having Ryback feud with John Cena for the WWE Title after WrestleMania 29. WWE planted the seeds for the feud when Cena eliminated Ryback to win the Royal Rumble this year.

Default Re: *spolier* john cena next fued

I've never been into Ryback. I understand why fans hate the way he has been booked. I can't see how losing another attempt at the WWE title will help him

Tied to the tree of woe WickedOne's Avatar

Well, I get it, I thought they would come back to this while I was watching the rumble. After mania is the wrong time unless they are turning one of them heel.

Why would he lose? Everyone expects Cena to hold the title a while after Mania since he hasn't been Champion for a while but I could totally see them giving it to Ryback at Extreme Rules if Rock doesn't work the show. If he does, then Payback in June. Have them wrestle at MITB too then each moves on. give MITB to someone like Dean Ambrose and have him feud with either Cena or Ryback at SummerSlam for the title whilst the other takes on Rollins and Reigns in a handicap match.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Why would he lose? Everyone expects Cena to hold the title a while after Mania since he hasn't been Champion for a while but I could totally see them giving it to Ryback at Extreme Rules if Rock doesn't work the show. If he does, then Payback in June. Have them wrestle at MITB too then each moves on. give MITB to someone like Dean Ambrose and have him feud with either Cena or Ryback at SummerSlam for the title whilst the other takes on Rollins and Reigns in a handicap match.
    Anything is possible but I refuse to believe Cena is gonna hold the belt for only a month or two. I hope he doesn't hold it long personally

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I'd like to see a Cena/Ryback feud. If WWE actually turns Cena heel this Sunday, it could be a great way to get Ryback over as the next big babyface.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Cena puts over Ryback or we riot!!!!!

Banned

Everyone should have seen this feud coming. I just figured they'd try and save it for Summerslam, presumably after building Ryback into a mega face and then having him take the title off Cena in a big face/face encounter. Reports can sound misleading sometimes. When they said "after Wrestlemania", they could mean as in "anytime later in the year after Cena's title win." I mean, Cena finally beats The Rock but then loses to Ryback the next month? Not happening. And I don't see the point in jobbing Ryback out again this early when he barely has any steam left from all the times he's jobbed out already.

TOO SOON!!!

This needs to happen, but not until Cena's held the title long enough for people to think he might actually lose. Doing it right after Mania is moronic.

Booo Ryback sucks.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Yeah, no way are we going to jump straight from Rock to Ryback. Cena will probably have to defend against Punk once or twice, maybe even a program with Wade Barrett or another heel on the make. Ryback should be saved for Summerslam at the earliest, with them making a major effort to build him up in the intervening months. Once he puts Henry away at 'Mania, he should get his revenge on Shield at Extreme Rules, and then have a series of short feuds before finally crushing some sort of tournament to crown the #1 Contender for Summerslam.

That's how I'd do it, at any rate.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by Zirich View Post
    TOO SOON!!!

This needs to happen, but not until Cena's held the title long enough for people to think he might actually lose. Doing it right after Mania is moronic.
    Just makes it worse for Ryback unless AFTER Mania could mean down the line like July/August for SummerSlam which wouldn't be bad. Ryback WWE Champion against Lesnar at SummerSlam would be something no one saw coming though.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Ryback-Lesnar is something I would save to sell Survivor Series, personally. Have him win the title at Summerslam, retain at Night of Champions and Hell In A Cell (or whatever the PPV lineup is for this year), and then face Lesnar as the big sell for Survivor Series.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Banned

I hate Ryback. I hope he never wins the WWE title.

i second "too soon".

ryback looks to be their next big product. they fucking hot shotted the first cena/batista at a summerslam. shit like these deserve to have their cherry popped at a WM.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Quote Originally Posted by JACKNIFE View Post
    i second "too soon".

ryback looks to be their next big product. they fucking hot shotted the first cena/batista at a summerslam. shit like these deserve to have their cherry popped at a WM.
    I'm not sure I would have it at a WrestleMania anytime soon. If I had my way, Cena would face Undertaker at 30 and Punk at 31.

Saving it for something like SummerSlam might be a good idea, though.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I've always kinda hated the idea that certain matches can only happen at WM.

It really limits things and sometimes stuff happens. Plus the Summerslam match was really good and Mania, not so much.

I agree with Ness and even business-wise, they have slipped up in that regard. With so much emphasis on WrestleMania every year, SummerSlam is nowhere near as big as it should be.

It's promoted as the second biggest show of the year, but it's really not, the Rumble kills it for buyrates, simply because something at WrestleMania is on the line.

I look at it this away. The reason Cena has not had the Title for so long is that at the rate he was going he would have broke Flairs record in no time and they don't want it. So it they have him drop the Title right after WM then they will have to wait a long time to give it back to him. I see about 6 to 8 months then dorp it for like a year to keep him under Flairs record.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I agree with Ness and even business-wise, they have slipped up in that regard. With so much emphasis on WrestleMania every year, SummerSlam is nowhere near as big as it should be.

It's promoted as the second biggest show of the year, but it's really not, the Rumble kills it for buyrates, simply because something at WrestleMania is on the line.
    I think it is wise to have THE BLOCKBUSTERS at WrestleMania, but the real problem is that the company doesn't retain fans interest in the regular season like other sports or entertainment shows on television because the roster is not that full in depth.

There was no problem with this when the roster was stacked like say in 2002 where Hogan and Rock could be saved because the next big four ppv match would have Rock against Lesnar(who was built up great) or HBK/HHH to promote SummerSlam.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

just a plain cunt Waffle Circus's Avatar

I'm assuming Cena is gonna stay face after Mania. Hold off Ryback for a few months. Have Cena feud with Sandow or Rhodes or some mid card heel. Just for a month. Whats the worst that could happen? Maybe they get fucking lucky and the feud makes a new main eventer out of someone. A new face in the WWE title main event scene would be refreshing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Cunt View Post
    I'm assuming Cena is gonna stay face after Mania. Hold off Ryback for a few months. Have Cena feud with Sandow or Rhodes or some mid card heel. Just for a month. Whats the worst that could happen? Maybe they get fucking lucky and the feud makes a new main eventer out of someone. A new face in the WWE title main event scene would be refreshing.
    I had this idea awhile ago and I think it could work. They sometimes place someone into a main event world title shot even before they're ready to win said belt just to see how people will react to them in that situation. Austin at Cold Day In Hell, Cena at Backlash 2003, Ryback at HIAC last year, etc. Sandow seems like a good choice to me. I can imagine him holding up the belt and saying he'll bring integrity and class back to the championship like no one ever has before. I might even do a dusty finish where it looks like he's won the title before the match is re-started just so people can see what it looks like to see him as champion for a minute or so.

Banned

I expected Cena/Ryback not to happen till Summerslam, with Ryback winning the MITB. Not that I care, Ryback bores me and this feud really doesn't interest me at all.

Cena vs. Ryback? If Cena joins up with The Shield at WM it would be fitting for them to once again be in Ryback's way for the WWE Championship.

Didn't even think of that, Justin. That's brilliant.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Thread Information