Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE building an Andre The Giant statue

Default WWE building an Andre The Giant statue

Probably for the Hall of Fame (when it's build) or something. Cool statue though.

Default Re: WWE building an Andre The Giant statue

Makes me wonder how many of those Obey nobs actually know where it came from.

Andre has a posse.
    baboosh

Moreoff than on

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Makes me wonder how many of those Obey nobs actually know where it came from.

Andre has a posse.
    Not sure I know exactly what you mean...where the Andre Has A Posse came from or Andre himself? I can tell you exactly where and when the Andre Has A Posse started, because it started down the street from where I live...

Banned

Big Show is much more deserving of a statue than Andre

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    Not sure I know exactly what you mean...where the Andre Has A Posse came from or Andre himself? I can tell you exactly where and when the Andre Has A Posse started, because it started down the street from where I live...
    Care to share...

Banner Credit: Spike

Thats awesome! If this is for the Hall of Fame building thats been planned then I hope they eventually build a Hogan slamming Andre statue.

Moreoff than on

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    Care to share...
    Sure. Shepard Fairey and Ryan Lesser started this when they were both at the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) in Providence, RI ...not sure the exact year...early 90's, 1992 perhaps...they have a few years on me. It started as a joke. Then Fairey wanted to see how far they could go with it. The whole posse thing came about, because all the rappers had one at the time...that's the joke. Fairey, kinda made a career out of it. Lesser, I know from local bands in the area and he worked at Harmonix which did the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games with the lead singer of the band I worked for. The whole thing took on a life of it's own.

I don't think it's for a HOF building. Triple H posted a picture of the hand on Twitter a couple of weeks ago with this message:

Huge project we r working on for #Wrestlemania #Axxess..... #mustsee pic.twitter.com/ePpynBFo6f
    Unless they're planning to announce a HOF building at Axxess.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

I think the building just might be a reality. Considering Bruno agreed to be inducted (he was verbal on there not being a physical location) & this Andre the Giant statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss HHH View Post
    I don't think it's for a HOF building. Triple H posted a picture of the hand on Twitter a couple of weeks ago with this message:

Unless they're planning to announce a HOF building at Axxess.
    Better to announce it at the Hall of Fame ceremony, then to do it at Axxess.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

I think its a great honor to Andre The first real Giant of Wrestling.

I would love to have a place where you can go and see every thing not just the HOF but all of Wrestling history.

Banned

I wonder why a building hasn't been built yet...it's just one of those mysteries in wrestling. Andre the Giant's statue would be a nice touch

Last time I checked, WWE had interest in having The Hall Of Fame built in Tampa.

That is awesome. Andre deserves a statue.

If the WWE were to build a Hall of Fame I would have to go see it at least once for sure.

What's wrong with making the initial announcement on Axxess? It has a certain degree of exclusivity, and makes Axxess seem more important. Then, they make the more public announcement at the Hall of Fame, and replay that announcement at WrestleMania. Makes sense to me.

Awesome statue, though. I'd love for an actual Hall of Fame building to house it, but I won't hold my breath.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Really cool that their building a statue of Andre,still to this day I believe he's one of the top ten or even top five biggest names in pro wrestling history and can stand side by side with guys like Hogan,Austin,Rock,Flair....ect

Hopefully this statue is apart of the new Hall of Fame building,which is so very long over due.

I doubt it will happen, however I would love a Wrestlemania stage set up that included statues of WWE legends either near the entrance or placed around the stadium.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    I doubt it will happen, however I would love a Wrestlemania stage set up that included statues of WWE legends either near the entrance or placed around the stadium.
    Awesome idea.Even having the legends in the background of the stage or on both sides of the walk way.Cool idea you could have statues of all of the great legend in Hogan,Savage,Andre,Hart,HBK,Flair...ect

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

NO! Just no! Look, I've been a fan of Show since he was skinny and wet behind the ears in WCW but he is no Andre. As far as technical prowess is concerned, Show is definitely more agile. No question. But Andre was a cultural phenomenon. He was so much more of an "attraction" than Show. Besides, wasn't Andre the first ever inductee into the E's Hall of Fame? I believe Show will get inducted and he should be.... someday. But he's still an active wrestler. There is no reason for a statue of Show to be commissioned today.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    This would be awesome for WrestleMania XXX. Maybe there was more that article about the WWE Mount Rushmore at the wwe website. That would be a nice touch for a setting.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Are you kidding me with this.........Big Show is no near close to where Andre was, Big Show doesn't deserve a statue in his name yet. He may very well be a major player but he's below the real Giant of pro wrestling
    People Power + Mizz TV = Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzite View Post
    Are you kidding me with this.........Big Show is no near close to where Andre was, Big Show doesn't deserve a statue in his name yet. He may very well be a major player but he's below the real Giant of pro wrestling
    He's below Andre as far as stature goes. But I've watched a lot of Andre's matches from his younger days: Big Show is a much better performer than Andre was. People may not realize this but Show is probably one of the most beloved wrestlers in WWE history.

Andre The Giant was called the "Eighth Wonder of the World" for a reason. He had an aura to him that his "son" never had. Not slighting Big Show because I see the argument work rate wise with him getting the nod.

Still it was Andre who Paul Wight saw at WM III that gave him inspiration to become a pro wrestler(or at least that's the story he tells).
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    Andre The Giant was called the "Eighth Wonder of the World" for a reason. He had an aura to him that his "son" never had. Not slighting Big Show because I see the argument work rate wise with him getting the nod.

Still it was Andre who Paul Wight saw at WM III that gave him inspiration to become a pro wrestler(or at least that's the story he tells).
    I agree. I've always held Andre in such high esteem. He is truly the "wrestling God" to me. He was the first larger than life persona for me as a wrestling fan. I just hate the idea of fans acting like Big Show doesn't belong when talking about Andre because he does. If Big Show has "aura" issues is because of years of shitty booking. But despite that Show has carved out a remarkable career.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Um... No, he's not. He's really not.

Thread Information