Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News regarding post-WrestleMania talent cuts and developmental call-ups...

Default News regarding post-WrestleMania talent cuts and developmental call-ups...

- WWE officials are getting ready to call up at least 2 stars from NXT after WrestleMania 29. Regarding the usual round of releases around WrestleMania time, there hasn't been much talk about anyone getting cut this year.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...3Q2hd5j6jW5.99

Kassius Ohno is due for a call-up. as is one or two of the Divas down in developmental.

I don't think they released anyone on-mass last year like usual. Several Divas and some developmental talent requested releases or had contracts run out. I think they only fired Buggy Nova and Trent Baretta.

If they do release some this year, guys like Ted DiBiase Jr., Ezekiel Jackson, Mason Ryan, Michael McGillicutty, Percy Watson, and Derrick Bateman will be the most at risk. The latter four have been sent back to developmental. Bateman as the youngest (and most talented of these names) has the most potential followed by McGillicutty who might survive (though he'd be a great guy to go to TNA).

Yoshi Tatsu survives as he's the only Asian wrestler on the main roster. If there are any other releases it might be some developmental guys who aren't even featured on NXT.

Default Re: News regarding post-WrestleMania talent cuts and developmental call-ups...

I'd completely forgotten about DiBiase! I kind of hope they don't release him though. I'm not a huge fan of his but I feel there is something there if they can just figure out what it is. I think Ryan and Jackson will probably go, and maybe Watson.

Default Re: News regarding post-WrestleMania talent cuts and developmental call-ups...

Many of you know I don't watch NXT, or follow developmental or the Indies. But by just looking at images of Kassius Ohno I'm intrigued. Can anyone tell me about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Many of you know I don't watch NXT, or follow developmental or the Indies. But by just looking at images of Kassius Ohno I'm intrigued. Can anyone tell me about him?
    I have no idea exactly what he's doing in NXT (meaning storyline-wise), but his initials are KO for a reason. He uses a "loaded" elbow pad that was given to him by Misawa, who was one of his idols. He's been using that as his finisher.

As Chris Hero, he tagged with CC (Antonio Cesaro) on the Indy circuit as the Kings of Wrestling. Great team. Look up either Hero or Ohno in youtube to see some matches. He use a lot of cravates, which is a 3/4 facelock. Worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    I have no idea exactly what he's doing in NXT (meaning storyline-wise), but his initials are KO for a reason. He uses a "loaded" elbow pad that was given to him by Misawa, who was one of his idols. He's been using that as his finisher.

As Chris Hero, he tagged with CC (Antonio Cesaro) on the Indy circuit as the Kings of Wrestling. Great team. Look up either Hero or Ohno in youtube to see some matches. He use a lot of cravates, which is a 3/4 facelock. Worth checking out.
    Thanks for the info. For some reason when I look at him I think there's a good chance he can fill the void left by Edge in the WWE. Am I right for thinking this or is he a completely different character?

Wrestling for over a decade. Punk/Bryan-esque internet darling. Long time tag team partner of Castagnoli (Cesaro) as the Kings of Wrestling. Very good talent. He also tried to enter Australia illegally to wrestle (had the wrong visa). Watch it, it's hilarious.

He's it the middle of a feud with William Regal at the moment at NXT, similar to how Regal feuded with Ambrose in FCW. You should check it out.

That was entertaining.

I think he could take over for Edge. They are different types of wrestlers, but Hero/Ohno and Edge are about the same size...Edge was more muscular. In one of the Ted Petty Invitational tournaments, he wrestles his former buddy, Mike Quackenbush and they don't strike each other for the entire match. It's literally counter for counter.

Who do you think think he should first feud with upon arrival in the WWE?

Who do you think think he should first feud with upon arrival in the WWE?
    I'd like to see him be an addition to The Shield. Since it's been starting to be 3 on 3's evening the number game, The Shield plays it smart and add's a fourth. making the entire group eligible for tag titles, mid card title and top title if they want.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

In a perfect world, he gets back together with Cesaro and they dominate the tag division. It all depends if he comes in heel or face. As a face, if he's thrown right into the IC/US title mix, he could have good matches with both Barrett and Cesaro. As a heel...geez. If he was lucky enough to wrestle Jericho, since Jericho's job right now is to put people over...that would be a big deal. If not he'd be stuck with the Kofi's, R-Truths and Miz's of the WWE. Or the tag team with Cesaro, which I think could be the best for him...since the tag division barely exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    I'd like to see him be an addition to The Shield. Since it's been starting to be 3 on 3's evening the number game, The Shield plays it smart and add's a fourth. making the entire group eligible for tag titles, mid card title and top title if they want.
    This isn't a bad idea either...

If they were each 5-6 years younger then a tag team run would be cool, but otherwise since they're both in their 30's, they are more valuable being used as singles guys. since most of the NXT call-ups have been heels, I'd like to see them bring him up as a babyface. Maybe even insert him into the US Title picture against Cesaro.

The feud with Regal has really helped Ohno. Before that his time on NXT hadn't been particularly memorable and his character wasn't catching on. He's simplified things down now and it's starting to work for him. I'm not sure how far he'll go on the main roster though. He'd be a decent addition to the midcard I suppose.

I'd much prefer Neville and Grey or the Wyatt Family be brought up to strengthen the tag team divison.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

I didn't think of the age factor. If the Wyatt Family and Neville/Grey came up that would be good.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Dear god... if Ohno comes up, he needs to at lest have one more match with Punk. That would be amazing.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

At least two people being called up from NXT... please let it be Kassius Ohno and Paige.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

I would said that if he is useing a loaded Elbow pad then he needs to face Barrett because IMO he had a steel plate put into Injured Elbow and even if he didn't who better to face then a guy who uses his Elbow as his big move.

Cutting Mason Ryan would be a massive fail but its to be expected from the Triple H regime. He's done nothing but fail with his signings for the most part and I am sure he has a good say on who's getting cut. What a missed opportunity...hopefully TNA pounces on it.

Same goes for Percy Watson....hi this is the WWE. Want to apply or make it big? Lose the personality! Percy Watson does the funny black man stuff better than Titus O Neil and that's saying something. He trumps Darren Young everywhere honestly.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Banned

TNA doesn't need Mason Ryan. Rob Terry is right there and he dances. Kind of.

Ohno is hit and miss with me. I'd rather see Neville and the Wyatt family on the main roster. And Grey as well, if it's absolutely necessary.

I wouldn't care about Ezekiel Jackson, Mason Ryan, and Michael McGillicutty getting cut. McGillicutty has wrestling skill but I feel like he's too bland to make it far, it's hard to even care about liking or hating him. I don't really have a problem with Zeke and Mason but I don't really see a spot for them with all the monster face/monster heel roles going on - I can't really see them getting consistent pushes. Yoshi and Bateman are definitely worth keeping around, and I don't understand why Percy has never even been given a small chance despite his good showing back in NXT.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Coco View Post
    TNA doesn't need Mason Ryan. Rob Terry is right there and he dances. Kind of.

Ohno is hit and miss with me. I'd rather see Neville and the Wyatt family on the main roster. And Grey as well, if it's absolutely necessary.
    Big Fuckin Rob is one of the best things in TNA but two of the same is never a bad thing....I'd fucking love a brute tag team of the two. Mason Ryan is more naturally fit though if that matters to anything.

With Evan Bourne returning, I don't know what PAC can do. A tag team of the two would be unreal though but I just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I wouldn't care about Ezekiel Jackson, Mason Ryan, and Michael McGillicutty getting cut. McGillicutty has wrestling skill but I feel like he's too bland to make it far, it's hard to even care about liking or hating him. I don't really have a problem with Zeke and Mason but I don't really see a spot for them with all the monster face/monster heel roles going on - I can't really see them getting consistent pushes. Yoshi and Bateman are definitely worth keeping around, and I don't understand why Percy has never even been given a small chance despite his good showing back in NXT.
    WWE gave a quitter the NXT season 2 title over Watson or hell even Alex Riley or The Bro Neil.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Low Ki is infinitely better than Percy, Titus and Riley put together. Unfortunately nobody foresaw him quitting as quickly as he did, but he wasn't booked especially well after his NXT win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Low Ki is infinitely better than Percy, Titus and Riley put together. Unfortunately nobody foresaw him quitting as quickly as he did, but he wasn't booked especially well after his NXT win anyway.
    He quit and wasn't patient enough. One of the early cuts in NXT season 1, Daniel Bryan got booted off of TV for months for a silly reason and is arguably a top 3 star in the WWE today and its why one trumps the other in every single facet. Sheffield has been pushed as a big deal, Slater and Barrett have gotten some nice rub lately, O Neil/Young has been a nice little fixture...........Low-Ki was going to get a shot if he had just waited.

This isn't the 1st time Low-Ki's shown a dog attitude...nothing to be surprised about.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    WWE gave a quitter the NXT season 2 title over Watson or hell even Alex Riley or The Bro Neil.
    Titus was not deserving of winning at all though. Obviously Riley or Kaval should have won, and I undestand why they gave the win to Kaval since the first season already had a heel winner. Like Emperor said, nobody foresaw Low Ki quitting so you can't blame WWE for giving him the win. You CAN blame WWE for their booking afterwards though, as well as Low Ki for being impatient.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Titus was not deserving of winning at all though. Obviously Riley or Kaval should have won, and I undestand why they gave the win to Kaval since the first season already had a heel winner. Like Emperor said, nobody foresaw Low Ki quitting so you can't blame WWE for giving him the win. You CAN blame WWE for their booking afterwards though, as well as Low Ki for being impatient.
    WWE did the right thing to not give Low-Ki shine right away because if they made him a champion or a high card fixture right off the bat, you feed his ego and have him thinking he's a huge deal and the WWE learned that mistake with Lesnar. Low-Ki should have stuck around but he was just Indy homesick I guess but wanted to save face by blaming the WWE for mishandling him.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Thread Information