Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Top Draw Added to Extreme Rules Line-Up & Possible Big Return

Default *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Top Draw Added to Extreme Rules Line-Up & Possible Big Return

Brock Lesnar has been added to the Extreme Rules line-up according to Dave Meltzer. That would mean that the Rock and Lesnar would both be on the show.

It seems that this is a move to capitalise on some sort of buzz post-'Mania and get as much money out of it as possible, but it remains to be seen exactly what that buzz will be.

This also increases Lesnar's chances of victory you could argue, although I thought he had a good shot to beat HHH anyway.

Default Re: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Top Draw Added to Extreme Rules Line-Up

Brock Lesnar will most likely be facing Triple H's friend at Extreme Rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Brock Lesnar will most likely be facing Triple H's friend at Extreme Rules.
    Triple H's friend? I don't get it.

Banner Credit: Spike

Sheamus?

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    Triple H's friend? I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ
    Sheamus?
    **SPOILER**

Spoiler

This is where I get my premium news from. Call BS if you want, but at least be thankful that I'm willing to share

Default Re: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Top Draw Added to Extreme Rules Line-Up & Possible Big Retur

Added the Batista thing to the title, save you all farting around with spoiler tags.

I can't see them signing him. He would add very little and would piss everyone off.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    **SPOILER**

Spoiler

This is where I get my premium news from. Call BS if you want, but at least be thankful that I'm willing to share
    That would be awesome.

Default Re: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Top Draw Added to Extreme Rules Line-Up & Possible Big Retur

Batista is absolutely not on that level, that would set a very bad precedent.

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Hasn't he just been cast in a big movie which is set to start filming in the summer?

Can't see him doing that and returning to wrestling especially as he's in his mid-40's now.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Batista will have to come down on his offer. I applaud him for trying, but come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Batista is absolutely not on that level, that would set a very bad precedent.
    Agreed. If he wants a "monster deal" then they can tell him to stick it. No way is he worth anywhere near the level of Brock or Cena. I'd like to see him back as long as he can still compete in the ring, but only for the right price.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Not exactly on that level, but I'd like to see that match. Not even gonna lie.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Ughh that guy returning would totally kill my interest in Brock and it is already at a minimum.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

It'd be worth paying him just for a one off match. I just know I want to see that match, it would be massive.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Franchise&GCBRollinITBack Franchise's Avatar

The most overrated WWE Superstar of the last ten years... and he thinks he deserves a Brock/Rock-esk pay.

He should get a good pay day while he can.. but the guy seriously needs to drop down his demands.

*If the guy were to sign a "monster deal", I can imagine Cena/Orton/Punk etc. being pretty pissed off with their pay and schedules.

Banned

Lesnar and Batista would be awesome.

Why is HHH/Undertaker vs Brock/Punk not a possibility? I mean, it would only work if Triple H won at Wrestlemania (which I would hate, despite it's obvious outcome) but think about it. You're combining two feuds from Wrestlemania and on one hand, we get to see Brock and Punk finally work together, and on the other hand, Triple H and Undertaker teaming up would be great given their recent history. Perhaps this is what leads to Punk's rumored time off.... Punk costing them the match and Lesnar attacking and snapping his arm or something. There are the rumors of them feuding in the summer or fall anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Why is HHH/Undertaker vs Brock/Punk not a possibility?
    Because three of those four people are not advertised for the pay-per-view.

HAYZE

If Batista got paid anywhere near the level of The Rock or Brock Lesnar for a similar kind of schedule, then the WWE and Vince McMahon really have lost their minds. Batista isn't anywhere near in the same bracket as those two. I personally wouldn't care if I saw Batista in the ring ever again.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

I'd rather watch a hundred Batista/Lesnar matches in a row than one more Lesnar/Triple H match, but I don't really think he's worth the same amount of money. Then again, it's not my money, so I don't really care what they pay him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Because three of those four people are not advertised for the pay-per-view.
    Who cares who's being advertised? The card for the match hasn't even been announced yet because we haven't even seen Wrestlemania yet. We didn't know Brock would be appearing either until this here report from Meltzer.

Hell ya on a return of Batista,dudes been away for to long.I would mark the fuck out for a Brock .Vs Batista match up.Thats money right their.As far as report of Batista wanting a deal like Rock,Brock,Triple H and Taker have I am okay with it.But it would be more far if he had a deal closer to Jericho's and Taker's and HBK's before they retired.By which I mean he works RAW or Smackdown and then PPV's i.e something like five to eight days a month.But in no way should the pay him the type of money that Brock and Rock get which is the case of Brock is reported to be $5M a year.Bottom line in some shape or forum even if its just a one off match Batista will wrestle in the next year.

bty the idea of Brock retiring Triple H at Wretlemania and either having Batista return to get payback or Triple H bring him in to take down Brock makes a ton of sense and would be awesome.Even on a limited run I would love to see him mix it up with other big men like Sheamus,Ryback and even Henry again.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Who cares who's being advertised? The card for the match hasn't even been announced yet because we haven't even seen Wrestlemania yet. We didn't know Brock would be appearing either until this here report from Meltzer.
    Generally, when WWE isn't advertising someone for a big event, it means they don't plan on using him there. That goes doubly for a full timer like Punk, who's normally advertised for everything.

And Undertaker is pretty clearly a WrestleMania-only performer at this point. The only one of those three who I could see being on the show is Triple H.

HAYZE

Would love to see/hear CM Punk's reaction if this happens...

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

Just throwing it out their but if the rumors are true of a possible return of Big Dave and the fact that both Rock and Brock are suppose to work Extreme Rules I think this could be one of the best so called "B Level" PPV's in a long time and possibly the highest selling.You book something like Cena/Rock III and Batista/Brock as the dual main event,thats as JR would say are going to put asses in the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPresley21 View Post
    Just throwing it out their but if the rumors are true of a possible return of Big Dave and the fact that both Rock and Brock are suppose to work Extreme Rules I think this could be one of the best so called "B Level" PPV's in a long time and possibly the highest selling.You book something like Cena/Rock III and Batista/Brock as the dual main event,thats as JR would say are going to put asses in the seats.
    Yeah if the star power they're suggesting all work the show and the other matches have good solid lead-ins then it'd be a pretty good B PPV on paper anyway.

Thread Information