Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CM Punk Shoots On Part-Time Talent, Targets The Miz’s Comments, Comments on WM 29

Default CM Punk Shoots On Part-Time Talent, Targets The Miz’s Comments, Comments on WM 29

CM Punk Shoots On Part-Time Talent, Targets The Miz’s Comments

Mark Madden interviewed CM Punk on Wednesday and asked him about being one of the few top guys in WWE that’s there every week. Madden asked him if it sucked or if he wanted to be there every week. Below is Punk’s response:

“If I didn’t want to be there every week, I wouldn’t be there every week. And I’m the only guy that says that. The Miz will go out there and say, ‘no it’s great having these guys back and blah, blah blah’ because, you know, I truly believe he thinks he has to say that.

“The honest reality of it is you bust your ass for 365 days of the year and there’s other people that come in and don’t work as hard and maybe get paid the same amount of money.

“So to me, as a business man, it just makes me look at it and go, ‘OK that’s the deal I need to get.’ I need to get that deal where I work 15 days a year. You know what I mean? It makes me work harder though and dammit that’s going to burn me out.”

CM Punk Says It’s Not His Goal To Top HBK’s Matches Against Undertaker

Mark Madden interviewed CM Punk on Wednesday. Since there was so much in the interview, we’re breaking it up and running it in different posts. In the below excerpt, Punk talks about his Wrestlemania 29 match against The Undertaker:

How do you make The Undertaker seem vulnerable?

Take his urn I guess. Everyone is expecting me to try and top the Shawn Michaels matches. That’s not my goal. My goal is to make the match the best the situation allows me to make it.

A lot of people think you’re the top guy in wrestling and you’re in a main event at Wrestlemania. Do you ever take the time to savor that or are you too busy doing it?

I'm way too busy doing it. I think I put too much stock in being the last match at Wrestlemania so I’m way too angry about not being the last match. I think I put too much pressure on myself and I certainly don’t enjoy certain aspects. I don’t enjoy the ride so to speak.

When Madden told him to have a good match at Wrestlemania, Punk assured him he would try his best.

CM Punk On Whether Or Not WWE Has Changed Since His Promo

Mark Madden conducted an outstanding interview with CM Punk on Wednesday. Since there was so much in it, we’ve broken it up into several different posts. In the below excerpt, Punk was asked if WWE has changed since he “walked out” with the WWE title in the summer of 2011. Below was his response:

“Well it’s one of those interesting things. Here’s what I love about the climate of the business right now. You have me going out there and saying I want the WWE to change and I want ice cream bars. I did that as a good guy.

To this day there are still people that are still pissed off they didn’t get them ice cream bars. They don’t realize that part of it is design that as a bad guy, I was lying to them.

“I don’t know what change that they thought was going to happen… I really don’t know but we really got ‘em on that one. It’s a television show first and foremost. So for me to go out there and say I want change and I want this and I want that is to rally people behind me and piss them off eventually when they didn’t get their ice cream.”

CM Punk On Getting Over, Friendship With Paul Heyman, Is He A Wrestling Lifer?

Mark Madden interviewed CM Punk on Wednesday. Since there was so much to the interview, we’ve broken it up into several different posts. In the below excerpt, Punk discusses his ability to get over, his real-life friendship with Paul Heyman and whether or not he’s a pro wrestling lifer.

You don’t need a win or a title to stay over with the fans. Is that a blessing or a curse?

I think it’s a curse.

Madden said Punk is the “best talker out there” yet he’s paired with Paul Heyman, who is also a great talker. Madden asked how that’s not overkill. Punk said he’s not sure if he’s the best talker out there and an argument could be made that Paul Heyman is the best. Punk said the friendship that he and Heyman have off-screen really shines through in their work together.

When you were in my studio years ago I said and you agreed that you were not a wrestling lifer. Do you still feel that way or have you become a safer?

No I don’t want to be a lifer. I just feel like I’m one of those guys that gets bored easy. So what’s the next mountain?
    Listen to the audio: http://www.1059thex.com/player/?stat...l&mid=23029787

The audio is not that great.
    Last edited by Justin Valuable; 03-27-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Default Re: CM Punk Shoots On Part-Time Talent, Targets The Miz’s Comments, Comments on WM 29

Is there a bigger fan of CM Punk than himself?

I like the guy but he acts as if he's the only one on the road all year etc.

Default Re: CM Punk Shoots On Part-Time Talent, Targets The Miz’s Comments, Comments on WM 29

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

Same here. I like his work, hate his attitude.

His grievances are with the ones that AREN'T.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

Seemingly he is the only guy who is on the road all year, while wrestling in most event.

All other guys are getting 'suspended' or off filming movies for a period of time, or getting injured.

CM Punk is not, he deserves the right to criticize here.

Banner Credit: Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    But at one time they were. When CM Punk wants to work a part time schedule he can do the same thing.

*I've updated the interview*

It's a stupid complaint. He's smart enough to know this isn't about who works the hardest, it's about who brings in the most money.

I love his ambition, that he isn't satisfied until he becomes as big as the Rock, but he is smart enough to know that this is how the game works.

He is a mark for himself but I still love him, his drive is what put him on top.

Yeah cause The Rock never done the gig fulltime.

My god the guy that owns WNW has posted four different times on this interview when he could have stuck it on one page. He's a huge CM fan so maybe he wants everyone to read it by putting it all over his site.

*Updated interview*

Yeah cause The Rock never done the gig fulltime.
    Fair enough, but was the Rock ever usurped by anyone who wasn't around anymore?

I'm not saying I agree with Punk (I know you're stunned), but these are his grievances.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

CM Punk needs to step his game up even more and become as big a crossover star as Rock and Brock and even Taker and he too can work part time for top dollar.

Rock was on the road just the same as Punk but he grew so big that Hollywood came knockin and he answered and now he still makes time for WWE when he can and it does great things for the biz.

Don't hate...congragulate!

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Fair enough, but was the Rock ever usurped by anyone who wasn't around anymore?

I'm not saying I agree with Punk (I know you're stunned), but these are his grievances.
    This is a fair point actually.

How can the likes of Punk ever make it to the level of the Rock when the Rock can just strut into any PPV main event he has time for?

Rock never had to deal with that sort of problem. My view is that the Attitude Era benefitted from a complete shift, both in direction and talent. Very few wrestlers were left over from the Hogan era and even beyond, so when viewers tuned back in, they were impressed that it was all new and different, and stayed.

It's actually Doctor Whom Froggy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    It's a stupid complaint. He's smart enough to know this isn't about who works the hardest, it's about who brings in the most money.

I love his ambition, that he isn't satisfied until he becomes as big as the Rock, but he is smart enough to know that this is how the game works.

He is a mark for himself but I still love him, his drive is what put him on top.
    Great post mate.

Don't think I could love Punk any more tbh. I love his drive, his ambition and his utter, unwavering belief that he's the best. It's what's got him to the pedestal, it's why he's a shot at the streak, it's why he held the title for 400 days+ on the spin. I understand completely that that attitude could be frowned upon, but for me; Punk's a winner. He's a guy who I think subscribes to the standpoint that, you show him a good loser and he'd show you a loser.

One thing I didn't like the sound of was his assertion that he intends to make the best of his situation re. facing the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. To me it's like he knows he won't be given the time or the spectacle to make it anything extraordinary.
    - Heteroflexible -

- PW Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2013 -
    - The Sports Empire Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2010 -
    - 3 x TBG Poster of the Year || PW Fan Fiction Idol Champion - 2012 - || TBG Prem Predictions Champion - 2012/13 || TBG Fantasy Premier League Champion - 2013/14 -
    - Be good. -

I really dig CM Punk but he is pretty full of himself,however most of the top guys and all time greats are.The only thing that kind of rubs me the wrong way is how he keeps taking shots at The Miz.If their personal problems between the two or the fact that Punk just thinks he's not that good doesn't matter.The Miz bust his ass as much if not more so then any other guy in the company not named John Cena.He's on nearly every RAW,Main Events and Smackdown,wrestles house shows and does more interviews then I think anyone else in the company.

Anyways if this stuff keeps on going between the two I think we might all be in for a big time grudge feud with real life person issues that we haven't seen in years.Something like that could really get the wrestling world and fan base buzzing.

There is so much negativity surrounding that match at the moment. The angle's not been well recieved, Punk doesn't like it himself, both guys are beat up, etc. I think they will pull it out of the bag but it's a hunch, and they are worried about that match, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    This is a fair point actually.

How can the likes of Punk ever make it to the level of the Rock when the Rock can just strut into any PPV main event he has time for?

Rock never had to deal with that sort of problem. My view is that the Attitude Era benefitted from a complete shift, both in direction and talent. Very few wrestlers were left over from the Hogan era and even beyond, so when viewers tuned back in, they were impressed that it was all new and different, and stayed.
    This is the exact reason why I am 100% against this part timer thing WWE is obsessed with.

Why people are ok watching the same guys all year long only to see them step aside so Rock, Hunter, Brock and Taker can all go on in the last 3 matches on the biggest night in their business thus preventing them to become the stars they should be is mind boggling. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug and everyone is hooked on it which takes away from the current talent turning into big stars in the industry.

Same goes for Cena headlining every fucking PPV ahead of a champion. Cena/Kane, Cena/Big Johnny should never have headlined. There is no excuse for it. When you prevent guys from headlining by using part timers or the 2 Cena examples I used then you make it so people can never attempt to even get as big as the people stealing their spots.

It's actually Doctor Whom Froggy's Avatar

I dislike the urn angle. I dislike it a lot. They did NOT need to do it. It makes the predictable even more predictable. The image of Taker, kneeling, tongue out, holding the urn, is a certainty.

Annoyed.
    - Heteroflexible -

- PW Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2013 -
    - The Sports Empire Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2010 -
    - 3 x TBG Poster of the Year || PW Fan Fiction Idol Champion - 2012 - || TBG Prem Predictions Champion - 2012/13 || TBG Fantasy Premier League Champion - 2013/14 -
    - Be good. -

Quote Originally Posted by Bang Bang View Post
    This is the exact reason why I am 100% against this part timer thing WWE is obsessed with.

Why people are ok watching the same guys all year long only to see them step aside so Rock, Hunter, Brock and Taker can all go on in the last 3 matches on the biggest night in their business thus preventing them to become the stars they should be is mind boggling. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug and everyone is hooked on it which takes away from the current talent turning into big stars in the industry.

Same goes for Cena headlining every fucking PPV ahead of a champion. Cena/Kane, Cena/Big Johnny should never have headlined. There is no excuse for it. When you prevent guys from headlining by using part timers or the 2 Cena examples I used then you make it so people can never attempt to even get as big as the people stealing their spots.
    I tend to agree with you but feel theirs a place for some part timers with limited deals however theirs to many of them now with Rock,Brock,Taker,Triple H...ect thats why I am really hoping that both Taker and Triple H retire at WM 29 and going forward only Rock and Brock are used.Both of which are young and seem to be able or atleast willing to work more dates.The other thing that the WWE has done wrong is using all of these part timers.Their only having matches with each other or the only two legit main event acts in the WWE today in Cena and Punk.I am fine with the "Dream Match" and big time matches but they should also be working with and feuding with younger talent that could use the rub,even in a lose.

Default Re: CM Punk Shoots On Part-Time Talent, Targets The Mizís Comments, Comments on WM 29

The whole angle with the Urn makes me wonder, if Paul hadn't of died what on earth would they have built this feud around?

There doesn't seem to be much more to it than Punk going "look I've got the urn"

Default Re: CM Punk Shoots On Part-Time Talent, Targets The Mizís Comments, Comments on WM 29

Quote Originally Posted by Heteroflexible View Post
    The whole angle with the Urn makes me wonder, if Paul hadn't of died what on earth would they have built this feud around?
    I'd like to believe it would be a respect angle. Punk tends to demand it, whilst Undertaker is given it freely.

Who knows though.

Thanks Heteroflexible

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I dislike the urn angle. I dislike it a lot. They did NOT need to do it. It makes the predictable even more predictable. The image of Taker, kneeling, tongue out, holding the urn, is a certainty.

Annoyed.
    This whole Wrestlemania card is a certainty. We could have had Brock/Punk, or Brock/Taker, or a triple threat main event as it should have been. Instead, we get the most predictable lineup imaginable. The only saving grace for the card would be a Cena heel turn, but I'm definitely not holding my breath for that.

As for Punk, the guy is a self-obsessed, smartass jerk, but that's also his charm. You either like him or you don't. He hates The Miz. He talks shit about The Miz. He hates The Rock walking in and taking a main event spot. He talks shit about The Rock walking in and taking a main event spot. He thinks he's the best. He crafts his character around believing he's the best. At least once a month some Punk interview will come out and people will be absolutely flabbergasted that he sounds like an asshole... even though he'd tell you himself that he is, in fact, an asshole. It's all par for the course.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I can't say I really blame him, though. I'd be irritated if I was in his shoes.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
    This whole Wrestlemania card is a certainty. We could have had Brock/Punk, or Brock/Taker, or a triple threat main event as it should have been. Instead, we get the most predictable lineup imaginable. The only saving grace for the card would be a Cena heel turn, but I'm definitely not holding my breath for that.

As for Punk, the guy is a self-obsessed, smartass jerk, but that's also his charm. You either like him or you don't. He hates The Miz. He talks shit about The Miz. He hates The Rock walking in and taking a main event spot. He talks shit about The Rock walking in and taking a main event spot. He thinks he's the best. He crafts his character around believing he's the best. At least once a month some Punk interview will come out and people will be absolutely flabbergasted that he sounds like an asshole... even though he'd tell you himself that he is, in fact, an asshole. It's all par for the course.
    If we had a triple threat we wouldn't have had that great segment from RAW with Rock/Cena. I'm glad WWE didn't do the Triple Threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post

I was one who did want a triple threat but now I'm glad they've gone away from it. The Rock and Cena story being told is one I really like and i'm glad there is no 3rd party they have to include as well. As for the interview, meh it was typical Punk I guess. Love his work, dislike his attitude. It's a changing scale on whether I like him or I don't.

Banned

The more I read and hear from CM Punk the more I dislike him. The man is Pompous with a capital P.

Thread Information