Thread: Ric Flair in hospital

Default Ric Flair in hospital

According to The Wrestling Observer, Ric Flair was backstage at Raw tonight and scheduled to appear on the show, however he was described as looking "not healthy" at the arena, and was taken to a local hospital in Philadelphia.

Flair has since left the PA hospital and is being transferred to a hospital closer to his home in Charlotte, NC.
    Not good news. Hopefully all will be OK with Flair though. This should be a wake up call for him IMO.

AN UPDATE:
    According to PWInsider.com, Flair was sent to the hospital for complications stemming from a blood clot in his leg, which is the same reason why he didn't wrestle for All Japan back in January.

WWE doctors took a look at Flair's leg this afternoon and made the decision to pull him off the show and send him to the hospital where he was further examined and advised to return home to Charlotte for further evaluation.

Default Re: Ric Flair in hospital

He hasn't looked healthy for years in all honesty. I watched a Triple H match from '03 the other day and the amount that Flair has aged in a decade is quite scary.

He was going to be featured in the "HOF" panel I assume, still not good to hear. Hopefully all is well with nature boy.
    - Credit: Bender -

We need another wrestling tragedy.

Hope he's okay.

Flair needs to stay away from wrestling and rest at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Flair needs to stay away from wrestling and rest at home.
    He does, but who knows if he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post
    He does, but who knows if he will.
    I'm not sure if he see's a cardiologist, but hopefully he does. I would just hate if something happened to Flair during an in segment.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    I'm not sure if he see's a cardiologist, but hopefully he does. I would just hate if something happened to Flair during an in segment.
    That'd be the worst possible thing to happen for everyone. Flair, fans, and the wrestling business.

The night sky is slowly returning to somewhat normal

Blood clots are not to be messed around with, I know from personal experience 3 years ago. If they put you in the hospital you are in a huge amount of danger to the point they need to monitor you constantly.

If the blood clot in his leg is still there, or has grown, there is the danger it is throwing small clots up and down his leg and its possible for one of these clots to enter his heart or lungs, causing a pulmonary embolism and his heart will stop with not much hope of restarting it. One could possibly go to his brain and the "lucky" part is he could have a mild stroke. The bad side is he dies almost instantly from it.

At this point they are probably trying to decide whether or not to do surgery where they insert a fine mesh screen at the top of his femoral vein to filter out the clots and try to prevent them from going further in his body. They will also keep him pretty much on full bed rest with very little walking around.

BTW you ask how I know this? At 37 I was diagnosed with a deep vein thrombosis...a large clot in a vein in my leg,and it was throwing off small clots. They did an ultrasound and I had upwards of 12 small active clots that the large clot had thrown off. They debated on whether or not to put me in the hospital--the first time they didnt but limited activity. Second time they did and they stripped out a couple veins and put said filter into me to prevent blood clots from going any further in my body. They do the surgery, they put you on heavy duty blood thinners, which btw bed rest makes blood clots worse because of lack in activity but activity can cause they to dislodge. Its a double edge sword. This is something I wouldnt wish on anyone because of how dangerous it is. If the med team for WWE thought he didnt look well, he must have looked horrendous (sometimes that right before someone dies grayish skin type thing). The fact he's in the hospital says this is super bad. While I said he should have stopped wrestling a decade ago, I hope that he can overcome this safely and I'm pretty sure the physicians will tell him that any activity near a ring could be fatal, literally. He needs to call everything done and over

Sorry Bout Your Damn Luck

EWS....come efed at SCW here http://z15.invisionfree.com/FTWOWres...ex.php?act=idx
    My beautiful grand daughter (aka Munchkin) made me a grandmother September 6, 2012, my son passed away June 10, 2013 and my dad June 19, 2014 may they RIP

I also know Clots are not something something to mess. We're not sure but think thats what my father die from 2 years ago. You see he drop dead in a gas station parking lot while traving. All we were told was that it was a Hart attack, he had been sitting in the car for like three days got out to use restroom and just made it to the door and sat in chair and die in my sisters and my arms.

Hope Ric is ok would hate to see anything happen to him. Get soon Ric

Can't seem to find many other updates, so I guess no news would be good news.

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I respect and love Ric Flair. But., he needs to stay at home and rest. I know that goes against every fiber in his being. He loves this business and loves to travel and mingle with everybody and everything else. But, Ric it's time to relax and do exactly what your doctors say.

Noooooo!!

I hope he's ok.

The RTruth
    RT wants you to check out The Ultimate Fic'er, happening now in Fan Fiction.

Respect goes out to WWE Doc's for catching this before sending Ric out to perform on Raw. Hopefully the old guy is alright and we hear an update soon.

Another update (although not really a major one):

Flair will be going to the hospital today for testing, reports PWInsider.com.

Ric was scheduled to be involved in the Cena/Rock main event segment last night on Raw, taking Booker T's spot at the guest panel table.

Another interesting point to note is that WWE apparently had further plans for Ric Flair originally as he was scheduled for three Raw appearances heading into WrestleMania 29. PWInsider.com reports that Flair was booked for last week's Raw in Pittsburgh, last night in Philly, and even next week's edition in Washington, DC.

There's been no reason given for his absence last week, and it hasn't been said yet whether or not he'll appear on next week's go-home edition

A final update I suspect (from his agent):

Ric [Flair] is doing well, he feels great, and is home. WWE’s medical staff performed a physical on Ric yesterday, like they do all of their athletes, and recommended that he have a doctor take a closer look at his swollen leg. Upon arriving back in Charlotte today he went to see his doctors and it was determined that there is a blood clot. He was not admitted to the hospital, rather released with medication, which the doctors are confident will work quickly causing Ric to completely heal soon. Ric appreciates everyone’s concern and is looking forward to seeing fans at his next scheduled appearance in Hagerstown, MD on Friday and performing for WWE very soon.

The night sky is slowly returning to somewhat normal

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post
    A final update I suspect (from his agent):
    I know the medication he is on. Warfarin and Lovenox. Your blood has to clot at a certain rate,and people with blood clots have blood that is like sludge. These two meds basically kickstart your body into thinning, which they want your clot factor twice as fast as a normal person. He will have to take Warfarin twice a day at a certain dose, and inject himself in the stomach area twice a day with Lovenox...and get daily blood tests in the morning every day for a couple weeks. Its a big pain in the neck so to speak---and they may tell him he can't do anything super physical, such as get in a ring and wrestle like EVER again

Sorry Bout Your Damn Luck

EWS....come efed at SCW here http://z15.invisionfree.com/FTWOWres...ex.php?act=idx
    My beautiful grand daughter (aka Munchkin) made me a grandmother September 6, 2012, my son passed away June 10, 2013 and my dad June 19, 2014 may they RIP

Quote Originally Posted by **Star** View Post
    I know the medication he is on. Warfarin and Lovenox. Your blood has to clot at a certain rate,and people with blood clots have blood that is like sludge. These two meds basically kickstart your body into thinning, which they want your clot factor twice as fast as a normal person. He will have to take Warfarin twice a day at a certain dose, and inject himself in the stomach area twice a day with Lovenox...and get daily blood tests in the morning every day for a couple weeks. Its a big pain in the neck so to speak---and they may tell him he can't do anything super physical, such as get in a ring and wrestle like EVER again
    He wasn't really wrestling anyway. He did in TNA (I assume, I can't remember seeing him in TNA) but since he lost to HBK he hasn't wrestled. I get what you're saying though, his physical stuff in general will be minimal or none. It'd be moreso the travel factor now for someone his age I imagine. Flying and driving from city to city, country to country etc must just wear him down so much.

Thread Information