Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Miz Responds To CM Punk – “There’s No One That’s Worked Harder Than Me"

Default The Miz Responds To CM Punk – “There’s No One That’s Worked Harder Than Me"

The Miz was recently a guest on The Sam Roberts Show where he was asked about CM Punk’s comments towards him in the “Best in the World” DVD. In the DVD, Punk said one of the reasons he was fed up in WWE, one of the reasons he was talking about quitting, was because The Miz was in the main event of Wrestlemania 27 and it was unacceptable to him.
    Below is Miz’s response:

“My favorite part about that DVD is the entire time I’m just putting him [Punk] over, putting him over… then I watch that and I’m like… what?!? What?!?! But if you look at it this way and this is the way I look at it. Any superstar that’s not in the main event of Wrestlemania should be pissed off, should want it more than anybody. And I think that’s what CM Punk thought. I mean, I think he thought he deserved it more than anybody. And I think everyone should feel that way. Right now, I want to be in the main event of Wrestlemania 29. Do I feel like I deserve it? Absolutely. There’s no one that’s worked harder than me this entire year. That’s done more media that’s traveled all over the world, have done live events. Filmed a movie, I mean I’m non-stop all day everyday. I don’t have days off nor do I ask for days off. Do I feel like I should be in the main event of Wrestlemania? Absolutely. Am I mad that I’m not in it? Absolutely. Now am I going to sit there and, ugh, complain about it. No, I’m going to build from it. I’m going to say, you know what, Wrestlemania 29, I may not be in the main event but I can still steal the show and have everyone talking about me after Wrestlemania.”
    This was just in the opening five minutes of the interview. He went on to talk about dealing with Vince McMahon, messing up on TV and getting kicked out of the locker room. You can watch the appearance in its entirety in the video below:

Good for The Miz! He handled this well.

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Default Re: The Miz Responds To CM Punk – “There’s No One That’s Worked Harder Than Me"

About time Miz addressed this, and I'm glad he mentioned that he was putting Punk over big on that DVD, and Punk basically slapped him in the face in return.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Default Re: The Miz Responds To CM Punk – “There’s No One That’s Worked Harder Than Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    About time Miz addressed this, and I'm glad he mentioned that he was putting Punk over big on that DVD, and Punk basically slapped him in the face in return.
    Yeah I'm glad he's come out and said this. I felt sorry for The Miz after seeing him praise Punk and then Punk coming back and just putting him down. He did handle it very well too.

I’m going to say, you know what, Wrestlemania 29, I may not be in the main event but I can still steal the show and have everyone talking about me after Wrestlemania.
    Yeahhhhhhh, that ain't happening.

I do give Miz credit. He has worked EXTREMELY hard during his time as a pro wrestler, mainly due to the stigma he had to overcome. Shame that he's still relatively mediocre in almost every way.

Banned

Urgh, no. You don't deserve the main event.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Urgh, no. You don't deserve the main event.
    Purely from a wrestling stand point, you're right.

But he's spot on with what he's saying here. No one has worked harder then him this year and he is a fantastic ambassador for the company.

Thanks Heteroflexible

Good interview. Miz sounds like a very reasonable guy that loves what he does.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

I really want to see people argue his points here. He's spot on.

Maybe he doesn't deserve to be the main event of WM29 (I mean, that means he's above Rock/Cena/Hunter/Brock/Taker/Punk) but he makes a great point in general about how people should feel about their spot.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I dig the Miz. He has come a long way. I have definitely come to respect the guy. I'll even admit that I have a magnet of the Miz on my fridge. Oh, why not? He's got talent and I love that he went from reality tv star prima donna to a respected pro-wrestler. BTW, as much as I like Punk, I don't like the fact that he dissed Miz like that. Punk can be moody and I get that. And I agree Punk should have been the main event that year. But, I definitely agree that Punk should have been the main event last year and this year. Punk's 2011-2012 were unrivaled.

Respectfully, Miz deserved to be on the main event. He went from changing into his gear in the public restrooms (not the wrestlers locker rooms) at WWE events to becoming WWE champion. Now honestly, no one deserved that Mania ending. It was about the worst booking idea ever. The WWE champion is down, the number one contender is down, and the host is standing tall over both. Complete and utter bullshit. The Rock ruined the main event of Wrestlemania 2 years in a row for me. Can't wait for him to finally lose and I get to see it live.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    Sons of Anarchy final season predictions
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Punk didn't cover himself in any glory with his comments regarding Miz. He came across as a total prick, and not in a good, heelish way... just an arrogant tosser. It's strange because he's usually smarter than that, but then, he's prone to lapses of judgement so it's maybe not a surprise. Miz handled that question very well, though I think he's in the right position on the card this year.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA View Post
    Punk didn't cover himself in any glory with his comments regarding Miz. He came across as a total prick, and not in a good, heelish way... just an arrogant tosser. It's strange because he's usually smarter than that, but then, he's prone to lapses of judgement so it's maybe not a surprise. Miz handled that question very well, though I think he's in the right position on the card this year.
    I don't know about that. Punk always comes across as having an entitled attitude and A LOT of self confidence I think. It's a little off putting just how arrogant he seems.

Can't wait to watch that interview in it's entirety after Raw. Sounds like Miz handled the situation brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

Procuring the Chickenwing Baker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post
    I don't know about that. Punk always comes across as having an entitled attitude and A LOT of self confidence I think. It's a little off putting just how arrogant he seems.
    This

Yeah, but even so, for him to say that about a person in the same locker room as him is very harsh. Punk is self-aware enough to know that he was being a douche, but he did so anyway. You're right, it is off putting.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Banned

To be fair, a lot of top guys are exactly like that. Stone Cold is well known for being an entitled prick.

Miz was very professional during that. Definitely didn't get the reaction CM Punk wanted.

Miz is awesome. Yet people still hate the guy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Kid View Post
    Miz was very professional during that. Definitely didn't get the reaction CM Punk wanted.

Miz is awesome. Yet people still hate the character he portrays on tv.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Kid View Post

Miz is awesome. Yet people still hate the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Steve View Post
    Fixed.
    I'm not sure. People still hate Miz for other reasons other than his on-screen persona. He did handle it brilliant though. The more I think about it the more pleased I am for him. To me it just shows how much better of a person he is than Punk.

Banned

He always seemed like a nice guy

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Really, the only person I've heard talk shit about Miz other than Cornette is Del Rio, and Del Rio's the guy who stomped on Sin Caras head off the apron and unmasked him during a match because MEHICO!

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

JBL didn't like him in the beginning. It's not so much they don't like him as a person, I just think a lot of people really didn't respect him. So he wasn't really "hated" but definitely wasn't respected. Doing these kinds of things just builds respect though.

Watched the whole thing and i've got even more respect for the guy now. He really did handle himself like a true professional and made some great points. I love that Vince has been so hands on with him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Really, the only person I've heard talk shit about Miz other than Cornette is Del Rio, and Del Rio's the guy who stomped on Sin Caras head off the apron and unmasked him during a match because MEHICO!
    Because why..? Fill me in. And off topic but fill me in on the Riley/Cena incident too, if you know about it.

Thread Information