Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chavo Guerrero Controversial Comments About Cena

Default Chavo Guerrero Controversial Comments About Cena

Fox News Latino has posted an interview with TNA's Chavo Guerrero, where he discusses coming up in the business and has some not too flattering comments n regards to John Cena. Here is part of that interview…

"In the wrestling business, you know, you really don't know what you're doing ‘til about seven, eight years in. You look back to the way wrestling used to be — you didn't even make it to the big time until you were ten years in minimum. Now you're in the business for six months or a year and they come in the ring and they're getting shots at big time. And if you see the wrestling , especially at the other place, you can tell. I won't even watch that program because it's bad. The wrestling is so bad.

If he can't wrestle, then he can't wrestle, you know? Very, very few and far between do we get a Triple H or a Rey Mysterio, a Randy Orton. That doesn't happen too much anymore. It's very few and far between. You can tell who's making John Cena look good."
    I live Chavo, and think he's a great wrestler but I can't agree with him here about Cena at all. Obviously he's working for TNA now so that may be part of it but to say that WWE's wrestling is bad right now is just laughable imo. Crticizing the storylines and the writing I can understand, but criticizing the wrestling i just can't agree.

And he obviously has his friends that he is trying to put over but to suggest that Cena relies on others to make him look good is another comment I just can't agree with. I'm not a fan of Cena's character (or his promos on the whole) but he almost always delivers in the ring.

Praising Orton then criticizing Cena.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Default Re: Chavo Guerrero Controversial Comments About Cena

Chavo should honestly shut his mouth, and I'm not even a Cena fan. He hasn't been very good during his current TNA run, so he has no room to talk.

He's full of shit for saying WWE doesn't have good wrestling matches at the moment.

surrender

Cena's better than Chavo ever was. Chavo's earns a living in the big time because his last name is Guerrero. Nothing special about him at all. Cena over the last 5-6 years especially has been one of the best performers in the WWE. No doubt about it.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

It's Chavo Guerrero.

Seriously, who cares? It's Chavo Guerrero, who just so happens to be employed by TNA.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coolstuff View Post
    Cena's better than Chavo ever was. Chavo's earns a living in the big time because his last name is Guerrero. Nothing special about him at all. Cena over the last 5-6 years especially has been one of the best performers in the WWE. No doubt about it.
    When Cena first became champion back at Wrestlemania 21, Chavos argument does have some truth to it.

When Chavo stops making a mockery out of the Frog Splash he can then have an opinion.

He could have talked about his lame ass boring characted, i woul've agreed with him. Cena's not a great wrestler but he's not as terrible as Chavo's saying. I didn't know he could be such a bitter dude.

I used to think that others made Cena look good until Cena started making his opponents look good. Say what you will but no one on the roster makes CM Punk look better than Cena. Punk's best matches have been with Cena.

Wow. I'm pleasantly surprised to see so many people defending Cena here. Not long ago tthis thread would have been full of people demanding Chavo get a run with the title just for Cena insult! I think Chavo is just a bitter guy. With the exception of the Frog Splash and the Three Amigos (which look awful when he does them) Chavo is a pretty good worker in the ring but he his personality makes Michelle McCool look like Rip Taylor. He's a blackhole charisma.

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    Wow. I'm pleasantly surprised to see so many people defending Cena here. Not long ago tthis thread would have been full of people demanding Chavo get a run with the title just for Cena insult! I think Chavo is just a bitter guy. With the exception of the Frog Splash and the Three Amigos (which look awful when he does them) Chavo is a pretty good worker in the ring but he his personality makes Michelle McCool look like Rip Taylor. He's a blackhole charisma.
    Given enough time people can eventually see the light.

Love the smell of napalm Slushy's Avatar

Since Chavo is actually a wrestler, I think his comments have merit to them.

You can actually tell who makes John Cena look better in the ring.

Banner Credit: Spike

I can't tell who's made Chavo look good in the ring because he hasn't been in years. Working in TNA has nothing to do with this. He was saying this stuff the instant he left WWE.

IMO the only Guerrero who was great and put the name on the map is Eddie and I'am just saying that out of respact because hes dead. I have watch them all even the dad from old matches and would said that if it wasn't for Eddie people wouldn't know the Guerrero name.

All I have to say about Chavo running down Cena is that when they stop putting the World Title on you so that you don't pass Flairs record or even put a Title on you at all that doesn't have to have a parter to carry you. Yes I know hes has held single titles.

I agree with Chavo but he does come off as bitter, and holding some grudge against Cena. John Cena is far from a great in ring guy. He's made to look better by Punk, Ziggler, Lesnar etc. Cena is not a great athlete in ring, but he gets a pass for his work ethic, because you can tell he gives it his all.

Banner Credit: Spike

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    I really don't like Cena but I think he should be hated for the good reasons (boring corny cheesy character, goofy smile during serious promos, etc... ).

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I do agree that Orton is better than Cena in every way in the ring.

But Cena has improved a lot over the last few years, he definitely seems like he tries harder now.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Steve View Post
    When Cena first became champion back at Wrestlemania 21, Chavos argument does have some truth to it.
    Yeah, it is true in that regard although I understood why the push was happening. I actually didn't disagree with the move as I thought the company did need new stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Marty View Post
    He could have talked about his lame ass boring characted, i woul've agreed with him. Cena's not a great wrestler but he's not as terrible as Chavo's saying.
    Yeah if he was attacking the character more than the in ring skills(we all know he is not like his famed family member in that regard) it wouldn't come off as just attacking Cena.

With that said there seems to be quite a few wrestlers who rank Orton in talent over Cena or at the very least respect him as a guy who could hang in the past generations.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    It's Chavo Guerrero.

Seriously, who cares? It's Chavo Guerrero, who just so happens to be employed by TNA.
    Sums up my thoughts perfectly. Wouldn't have even clicked on this thread but the last word was Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    PW Power 25 winner July 2014

2014 PW video game draft

Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post

But Cena has improved a lot over the last few years, he definitely seems like he tries harder now.
    Really?? I find Orton so boring in the ring. Cena is definitely the better of the two, IMO.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post

I like Randy, but on what planet is he better in the ring than Cena? Randy's execution of moves is better, but that's where it ends. Cena has pretty much had one great match a month at least for the last 8 years, the amount of great matches he has had completely eclipses the amount of great matches Randy has had in that time and they've wrestled pretty much the same people.

In my opinion, Cena may have become the best big match performer in history in terms of quantity and he hasn't always had the best opponents. I don't know what Chavo's been watching the past 10 years, but I've been watching a guy who has constantly put on great matches with whatever opponent he's been put in the ring with. Was he carried by The Great Khali and Umaga?

Chavo's talking out of his ass and should be happy WWE did what they did with him, the only reason he got a push in the first place was because his Uncle passed away otherwise he would of just been another Cruiserweight and released by the company around 2007. A fairly big feud with Rey Mysterio and a run with the ECW title was way more than he deserved and he should be thankful for it.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss HHH View Post
    Praising Orton then criticizing Cena.
    Pretty much this. When I read that, I was like "Wow".

I can see where he's coming from, but Cena did pay his dues to an extent. He spent time in developmental and worked hard to get where he is. Not taking anything away from Chavo, but Cena was gifted with good genetics, looks, charisma, and knows how to get attention. Chavo just doesn't have that kind of star quality.

I can totally understand why he's bitter with the WWE though, as they had treated him like absolute shit and made him partake in humiliating and degrading angles, which always struck me as a little odd seeing as his aunt has had a lucrative position in the company and his uncle is considered a legend. I think people find it hard to take him seriously because of how badly he was buried in the WWE; it had a lasting effect. I think he definitely deserved better. At the same time, it's kind of disapointing to seeing him taking shots at Cena, unprovoked, as he's usually carried himself with class and has a good reputation backstage. Midlife crisis maybe?

Banned

I agree 100%, John Cena is a terrible wrestler. You guys who say hes not I really think are delusional. Hes terrible.

and the common comeback is "says the guy with Warrior avatar". Good one. Warrior wasnt the best wrestler either, But he had something Cena never will and thats showmanship.

Knows he isn't welcome

I think you are delusional for thinking Cena is terrible (see? anyone can be a self-entitled dick).

You liking the Ultimate Warrior is irrelevant.
    That's all, folks.

Thread Information