Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wwe ppv's going away

Unhappy wwe ppv's going away

- 4-Traders.com has an interview with WWE CFO George Barrios, who discussed the upcoming WWE Network.

"Continuing on with our core products, we're going to keep them fully distributed," said Barrios. "We think that's a great platform for a network. And we think there's a lot of value as those shows come up for renewal. Our four biggest contracts will be renewed over the next three years. We think that's a great opportunity for us because of the value we deliver. Then to the network, we said we're going to take our pay-per-views. We're one of the preeminent pay-per-view providers today and our pay-per-views are priced anywhere between $49.95 and $59.95 today and we're going to make that the core of a value proposition with a lot of other new content and put it on a premium network so that our fans can subscribe. We said the price will be somewhere between $12.99 or $40.99, to be determined as we go to market but we think that's a real great opportunity. And to your question about break-even, about a million subscribers because the pay-per-view buyers will migrate over to the network. That's our belief. About a million subscribers, we break-even at 2 million, it's a really good business; at 3 million to 4 million, for us it's transformative."

Barrios then admitted that pay-per-view would eventually go away "over time."

"We believe the value proposition will be much more powerful to subscribe to a network at $12.99 to $40.99, 24/7, you have the pay-per-views, a lot of great content, our library, a lot of retrospective programming that we're doing that's testing really, really well, we're producing it right now so over time, I think the pay-per-view does go away."

Default Re: wwe ppv's going away

$40.99

Good luck selling a network at that price, morons.

HAYZE

I'd consider paying 40.99 for all the WWE content, the library, all PPVs and all new DVD releases which was not mentioned but would make it better for sure.

Banner Credit: Spike

PPV will go away over time? That's magic, come on guys. Really?

I ain't paying no fucking 41 dollars for that shit. 1 dime over 12.99, and I'm out.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

I think the issue is that WWE still wants part of the revenue that the existing pay-per views bring. Think about it you, get $44.99 currently with a typical WWE ppv, if the network charges $12.99 per month (about HBO's going rate) you only make $0.43 per day for a whole gammet of programming whether it is just running as well as the PPV or $44.99 one day a month for the ppv. Say the buy rate for Royal Rumble was 470,000 that gives you at $21,145,300 income for the event. For an entire month to give you the same amount of income, you would need 1,637,814 subscribers.

I was fully on board at 12.99 and probably would be on board on anything up to about 15.00 ... but anything over that and I would definitely be out.

40.99 is absolutely insane , I think that's what I paid for Sunday Ticket this season , and that was only for 5 months out of the year and for something far more popular than wrestling.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Fuck Hardy's.Drugge & Fat vincemark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    $40.99

That's a misquote, George said $14.99(not $40.99). $12.99-$14.99 is a much more narrower range to make a decision on.

Quote Originally Posted by MKPunk View Post
    I think the issue is that WWE still wants part of the revenue that the existing pay-per views bring. Think about it you, get $44.99 currently with a typical WWE ppv, if the network charges $12.99 per month (about HBO's going rate) you only make $0.43 per day for a whole gammet of programming whether it is just running as well as the PPV or $44.99 one day a month for the ppv. Say the buy rate for Royal Rumble was 470,000 that gives you at $21,145,300 income for the event. For an entire month to give you the same amount of income, you would need 1,637,814 subscribers.
    WWE will still get the revenue from Pay-Per-View.
    First the WWE Network will only be in the U.S. (at least at launch), that leaves Mexico, International, and Canada.
    Second, there's an ability to Pay-Per-View ala carte without the network in the U.S..
    Third, WrestleMania will still be a Pay-Per-View which makes up 60% percent of WWE's U.S. Pay-Per-View revenue.
    So overall they will maintain by far the vast majority of Pay-Per-View revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    $40.99

A year?

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

It's $14.99.

Quote Originally Posted by MKPunk View Post
    As vince said, they will keep the PPV revenue for a while as they phase it out. Also, the cable carrier recieves around half of the revenue from any PPV event, it's not as simple as multiplying a buyrate by a price. WWE aren't making a shedload of money from the PPVs anymore.

The biggest problem with this whole thing is getting distributors on board, because they make good money out of WWE's PPV events, it will take hard negotation to convince these distributors to support this network. Because they hold all the cards, if they say no, then they know WWE have to continue making PPV events and the distributors therefore know they will continue to make money.

This is why the network is so long developing IMO, they can't get the major carriers on board.

Banned

Guess I won't be watching PPVs anymore........ DAMN!

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I won't be watching PPVs anymore........ DAMN!

I don't see why anyone who is currently paying for PPVs wouldn't get the Network. I don't know off the top of my head what the current PPV price is in the US, but isn't it something like 50 bucks now? You can get 3 months of the Network for that much plus all the additional content. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Banned

I only watch RR, SS, Summerslam, and sometimes NOC, HIAC, &TLC. WrestleMania I don't have to worry about because thats staying on PPV right?

Even if you only watch the PPV and nothing else, it'll be cheaper to just get the network.

Boo-tista? How about Daniel Boo-ryan!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Even if you only watch the PPV and nothing else, it'll be cheaper to just get the network.
    Gotta see what mom and dad say about it.

The most the network is going to cost is $15 a month, so $180 a year. Three PPVs a year costs you $135. Four PPVs would mean you break even. Not to mention the additional content and access to all PPV events other than WrestleMania.

Seems great value to me.

Banned

It's all hypothetical, because they are years away from a network deal.

I'm actually surprised the WWE didn't do something like this a lot sooner. It's a brilliant idea.

The RTruth
    RT wants a drum set.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric_Flair View Post
    I'm actually surprised the WWE didn't do something like this a lot sooner. It's a brilliant idea.
    Haven't they been working on this for a long time, though?

If it's between 13 and 15, then that's something I would consider. Hopefully it gets off the ground within a reasonable period of time, though.

Remember when WrestleMania 28 was supposed to launch it?

- - - Updated - - -

If it's between 13 and 15, then that's something I would consider. Hopefully it gets off the ground within a reasonable period of time, though.

Remember when WrestleMania 28 was supposed to launch it?

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    It's all hypothetical, because they are years away from a network deal.
    It's not hypothetical at all. They're already staffing and producing content on the YouTube channel, and DirecTV have already sent out surveys, indicating their interest in the project.

So what happens then if you don't get the network? Does that mean you can't watch any of the big events?

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    So what happens then if you don't get the network? Does that mean you can't watch any of the big events?
    Better yet, what about the International viewers? Chances are you won't get this network outside the United States, so what will that do to fans outside of it?

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

No, PPVs will still be carried.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    Better yet, what about the International viewers? Chances are you won't get this network outside the United States, so what will that do to fans outside of it?
    Nothing.

PPV will remain PPV.

I don't see PPV's ever going away ..even if they are included in the subscription. How can they? Theoretically, if they force people to purchase a subscription to watch their PPVs, aren't they going to lose a shit load of money?

Thread Information