Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible heat between CM Punk and Creative? *Spoilers*

Default Possible heat between CM Punk and Creative? *Spoilers*

Possible spoilers here regarding CM Punk's role over the next few weeks, so I'll post the quote in a white text.

CM Punk has been pulled from all live events until WrestleMania 29 for a number of reasons including him being physically banged up. People, including Punk, are still downplaying the arm injury that he suffered in the RAW match against Kane last week. WWE officials want him fresh and ready for the big match at WrestleMania 29.

Speaking of Punk, there were a lot of people not happy with his backstage segment at last night's RAW where he juggled around Paul Bearer's urn to taunt The Undertaker. The feeling was that it wasn't as good as the Punk-Bearer-Taker stuff from the week before and that this one was bad for WWE and just bad in general. On a related note, it's said there is some kind of issue between Punk and WWE creative right now but we don't know what those problems might be.
    Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz2O3Kq25mS

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: Possible heat between CM Punk and Creative? *Spoilers*

As I said in another thread, I hope the heat is Punk realizing how much this feud is sucking and how lazy "Creative" is being in the way they're booking it.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    As I said in another thread, I hope the heat is Punk realizing how much this feud is sucking and how lazy "Creative" is being in the way they're booking it.
    And yet sadly, this is arguably the best feud going in WWE right now.

No it isn't. HHH/Lesnar is miles better and Rock/Cena's one promo and video package are also miles better.

Taker/Punk is the worst feud, and it was my most anticipated match before the build started.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Hey there, Rocker! Welcome to PW! We have a feature on the boards specifically for spoilers, called Spoiler Tags. To use spoiler tags manually, simply type [*SPOILER] [*/SPOILER] and paste the spoiler in between. Simply for the convenience of our forum members. It just makes it easier for us all to read it like that.

Banned

For what its worth I think the Taker/Punk fued has been great

No it isn't. HHH/Lesnar is miles better and Rock/Cena's one promo and video package are also miles better.

Taker/Punk is the worst feud, and it was my most anticipated match before the build started.
    HHH/Lesnar had the big brawl between the two 3 weeks ago and then absolutely nothing until last night. I wouldn't call that "miles better" personally. That Rock/Cena video is one of the biggest time wasters on WWE programming right now and does nothing to build to their match.

Taker/Punk at least had some compelling stuff last week and decent stuff last night. I'd probably say that Del Rio/Swagger is the best feud going right now but Taker/Punk is up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Hey there, Rocker! Welcome to PW! We have a feature on the boards specifically for spoilers, called Spoiler Tags. To use spoiler tags manually, simply type [*SPOILER] [*/SPOILER] and paste the spoiler in between. Simply for the convenience of our forum members. It just makes it easier for us all to read it like that.
    Thanks for telling me, man. I looked for something like that but I guess I didn't look hard enough.

All of the builds have been terrible baring Brock/Triple H II.That's even a match that I really didn't care to see at Wrestlemania but is the only one I am looking forward to now.This years card has so far had one of the worst builds to my mind ever and is terrible miss using talent but which I mean putting them in terrible match ups.I still really think that instead of the card were getting we should have gotten Cena/Taker,Rock/Brock,Punk/Ryback and Ziggler/Jericho as the main match ups.I think that card would have been much better and one that most fans would be more behind,but at least one or two of those matches are rumored for Wrestlemania xXx so thats something.

I haven't watched yesterday's Raw just yet so I can't comment on the Punk/Taker segment, but I really don't feel like it's that bad thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Banned

Yesterday's Raw is why. I found Punk did a great job but I can see why people were uncomfortable. Taker did ahorrible job in selling his two lines though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rocker View Post
    HHH/Lesnar had the big brawl between the two 3 weeks ago and then absolutely nothing until last night. I wouldn't call that "miles better" personally. That Rock/Cena video is one of the biggest time wasters on WWE programming right now and does nothing to build to their match.

Taker/Punk at least had some compelling stuff last week and decent stuff last night. I'd probably say that Del Rio/Swagger is the best feud going right now but Taker/Punk is up there.
    Triple H and Lesnar have only had two segments together, sure, but they've both been much, much better than what we've gotten from Taker and Punk, in my opinion. The same goes for Rock and Cena's one segment. And while I'm usually not a fan of video packages being played over and over, that one is of extremely high quality.

Both weeks of Taker/Punk have been thoroughly uninteresting to me. Last week was somewhat effective, but last night's segment was just absolutely terrible. Taker's "promo" was about as convincing as heel Alberto Del Rio commentary, and Punk tossing the urn around did not come off to me like a particularly heinous act. It was actually more comical than heinous.

Bender

Banned

Yesterday's Raw is why. I found Punk did a great job but I can see why people were uncomfortable. Taker did ahorrible job in selling his two lines though.
    There is very few ways to get real heat now a days, Using a real life death is a good one though. Hes an actor, He doesnt mean what hes saying. What the big deal? Im asking in general, Not you Benson

They make fun of JR on Dallas every week, Somehow I feel people are ok with that because its a TV show. And whats wrestling again?

Quote Originally Posted by oWn View Post
    There is very few ways to get real heat now a days, Using a real life death is a good one though. Hes an actor, He doesnt mean what hes saying. What the big deal? Im asking in general, Not you Benson
    I'm not offended anymore, I just think it sucks.

Bender

Banned

Oh. I get it man. I completely agree that any promoter is dumb to let ANY oppurtunity for real heat to slip buy.

CM Punk probably found out he's going to lose to Taker........next obvious move for Punk is that he threatens to walk unless he gets his way

Justin Valuable made this banner! YES! YES!YES!
    I Eat Cannibals

Banned

I'm not offended anymore, I just think it sucks.
    lol Im not necessarily calling you out on it, Iv heard it a few times now that people dont like it, Or are offended by it. I dont know, TO ME its a TV show. They could wish death on me personally and id just laugh. Its entertainment I dont know. But I think its been really good, and im not big on WWE praise these days. All 4 main events have been really good IMO.

I also tend to enjoy the show more when I have tickets to it so im full of shit as well haha

Oh. I get it man. I completely agree that any promoter is dumb to let ANY oppurtunity for real heat to slip buy.
    Yea, In the old days you can say "ahhhh the fans suck" and they would throw trash and get all mad. Back then that was offensive I guess. Now a days though, I think the line is blurred for alot of people as to what a HEEL is. They are supposed to be hated....Stone Cold made being a heel hard because now everyone thinks a face is the good guy, and the heel is the cool guy.

Heels are intended to ruffle your feathers, That sounds stupid that it needs to be said but sometimes I think its forgotten

lol Im not necessarily calling you out on it, Iv heard it a few times now that people dont like it, Or are offended by it. I dont know, TO ME its a TV show. They could wish death on me personally and id just laugh. Its entertainment I dont know. But I think its been really good, and im not big on WWE praise these days. All 4 main events have been really good IMO.
    I know, I just answered because you said "in general."

But you're right, it's entertainment, and it hasn't entertained me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, In the old days you can say "ahhhh the fans suck" and they would throw trash and get all mad. Back then that was offensive I guess. Now a days though, I think the line is blurred for alot of people as to what a HEEl is. They are supposed to be hated....Stone Cold made being a heel hard because now everyone thinks a face is the good guy, and the heel is the cool guy.

Heels are intended to ruffle your feathers, That sounds stupid that it needs to be said but sometimes I think its forgotten
    I understand that, but the problem I have with this line of thinking is that Punk diehards are not going to turn on him no matter what he does. The people who wanted Punk to end the streak before he started taunting Paul Bearer still want him to end it, and the people who didn't still don't. So I'm not really sure if it's accomplished all that much. It's not like Punk has had any trouble getting heat without resorting to such tactics.

And even if they were going to go this route, it still could be more entertaining than it is. Last night's segment didn't just suck because of the content, it also sucked because of Undertaker's delivery and the fact that Punk tossing an urn around was supposed to be the most despicable act ever. It's not like Bearer is supposed to be in the urn, it's the urn that he carried around.

Bender

Banned

I know, I just answered because you said "in general."

But you're right, it's entertainment, and it hasn't entertained me.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that, but the problem I have with this line of thinking is that Punk diehards are not going to turn on him no matter what he does. The people who wanted Punk to end the streak before he started taunting Paul Bearer still want him to end it, and the people who didn't still don't. So I'm not really sure if it's accomplished all that much. It's not like Punk has had any trouble getting heat without resorting to such tactics.

And even if they were going to go this route, it still could be more entertaining than it is. Last night's segment didn't just suck because of the content, it also sucked because of Undertaker's delivery and the fact that Punk tossing an urn around was supposed to be the most despicable act ever. It's not like Bearer is supposed to be in the urn, it's the urn that he carried around.
    I know what your saying and I dont really disagree with any of it. Its true. I guess what it comes down to is I dont look at Punk tossing the urn around as if it was really supposed to get crazy heat! I looked at it like Punk being Punk. Its just another way he plays the rebel. It furthers the idea that there is no line this man wont cross which I think is good...honestly after this angle I really dont think anything if off limits to Punk. What can he say to shock us at this point? I never thought they would go this far with the Bearer thing.

I think the only thing that was intended to get crazy heat was Punk interrupting the Bearer tribute...and it did. But from here on out its like, Ok you crossed the line now so we know what to expect.

Undertakers old haha, I chalk most of his bad shit to that. I think hes just losing a step
    Last edited by oWn; 03-20-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Triple H and Lesnar have only had two segments together, sure, but they've both been much, much better than what we've gotten from Taker and Punk, in my opinion. The same goes for Rock and Cena's one segment. And while I'm usually not a fan of video packages being played over and over, that one is of extremely high quality.

Both weeks of Taker/Punk have been thoroughly uninteresting to me. Last week was somewhat effective, but last night's segment was just absolutely terrible. Taker's "promo" was about as convincing as heel Alberto Del Rio commentary, and Punk tossing the urn around did not come off to me like a particularly heinous act. It was actually more comical than heinous.
    I fully understand where you are coming from. If it means anything, I expect HHH/Lesnar to really pick up over the next couple of weeks moreso than Punk/Taker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tw1ster View Post
    CM Punk probably found out he's going to lose to Taker........next obvious move for Punk is that he threatens to walk unless he gets his way
    Haha, I was thinking that maybe CM Punk had some edgy/controversial ideas for his storyline with Undertaker and that Creative rejected them.

Fuck the SF Giants! :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Rocker View Post
    And yet sadly, this is arguably the best feud going in WWE right now.
    It isn't bad, but for my money, The Sheild's feud with Sheamus, Orton, & Show is the best feud right now. I know people will disagree, but I have been loving it and it their segments have been my favorite parts of RAW & SD.

surrender

CM Punk is not the only one with issues with creative at this time. I have issues too. I usually never say this, but this year is pretty bad for the RTW in terms of build up.

The Rock and John Cena I actually have no problem with except that the company really can't add too much to it that isn't obvious. The Rock won last year and Cena wants to avenge the big loss he told everyone he would win in Miami. This year is for the title and its greatness/legacy against redemption. The two guys have already done a great job of getting this across. If anything Cena should have put up a stipulation if he doesn't win where both Rock and Cena have something to lose ALONG with the title. The predictability nature isn't that bad IF the company would add something to it where if Rock loses he actually loses more than a title he seems to not have defended since giving CM Punk his rematch. Then again it could be used for Extreme Rules.

ADR/Swagger just plain sucks and I said once the company was desperate enough to break kayfabe to get mainstream attention from Glen Beck it was downhill from there. The company has weakened ADR imo at the expense of trying to make Swagger a badass heel. Ricardo and Zeb have the most heat in that feud imo which is sad. The company had something there and blew it imo.

Henry/Ryback I like, but again it is just out of nowhere. This is WRESTLEMANIA season. The Shield against Show/Orton/Sheamus may steal the show and is not bad actually. Team Hell No against Ziggler/Langston has potential and isn't bad so far since it is an undercard world tag title match. Jericho has been misused and all over the place along with Ceasaro and Barrett.

CM Punk and Taker was okay until this past Monday imo. Going at Bearer worked last week because no one knew if he would actually go there and it was off the heels of his passing. Now it's just kind of just there because I still can't see how UNDERTAKER can really feel all that bad about this with his past with Bearer(burying him alive in cement). It seems kind of weak and I stated SES CM Punk should be coming out in his character if this is the route. It is kind of coming off hokey.

I do agree that HHH and Lesnar is the best feud going on right now though. I pin that down to Lesnar and HHH having some input on creative there and nothing really that creative is coming up with. The same with Rock/Cena as the hokey nature is not there this year as much as last year with the lame jokes. I'm glad creative is not being overboard with that rematch since Rock is not around that much for creative to ruin the hype.
    Last edited by Vince Mcmahon; 03-20-2013 at 02:06 AM.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonMysterio View Post
    It isn't bad, but for my money, The Sheild's feud with Sheamus, Orton, & Show is the best feud right now. I know people will disagree, but I have been loving it and it their segments have been my favorite parts of RAW & SD.
    The feud itself has been pretty good, I would prefer just about anybody else to face the Shield though. I've grown rather tired of Sheamus, and have been tired of Orton.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Fact is, it's just offensively lazy. They should have just left it to what it was last week, maybe have Taker torment Punk with mind games to force Punk into giving back the urn this week.
    baboosh

So much for Cena Vs. Rock Vs. Punk

If you think that was in bad taste, just wait until Punk brings out a midget Paul Bearer with an teeny wittle urn and they have him use it to summon Eddie from hell, all taking place during a 2nd Benoit tribute show. Did I mention that Punk will have a low rider with the casket of Big Bossmans father attatched to the back? Because he will.

Really dissapointing they went this route...Punk-Taker could of been so much more.

2x PW Power 25 Winner

Currently Playing - Chariot, NBA 2K15

Thread Information