Thread: Where's Christian?

Default Where's Christian?

I am sorry if there's a topic about this already but I'm wondering if anyone knows where Christian is? Is he injured or just not being used ? Did his contract expire? Think would be nice to see him involved with Daniel Bryan in a storyline for Wrestlemania or him and a partner vs team hell no vs Rhodes/scholar for a TLC tag title match at Wrestlemania. He's still one of the greatest tag team wrestlers around and it's a shame he's not being used in this way, Jericho is back and a face they could reteam, people have forgotten their trish stratus ordeal.
    Cena's Posse - Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Big E

Default Re: Where's Christian?

Pretty sure he's injured

He's been injured off-and-on for about a year and a half now. I remember reading reports that he's been ready to return for a couple of weeks now but they might not have much for him since they're already pretty much done with WrestleMania plans.

Disappointing because this'd be his third WrestleMania in a row he'd miss because of injury and returning too late, after most Mania plans have been finalized. If they hold some sort of pre-show battle royal to choose a US Title opponent for Mania he could win that. Do the exact same thing they did with him several months ago.

There were reports of him returning around the Rumble I thought. Even if he is healthy now I can't see him back until after Wrestlemania, they've got their focus on other things and personnel. He'll probably return not long after 'mania (providing he is healthy).

As long as he's healthy I expect to see him the night after Wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 2 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall, with special guest EasyRider

Banned

I can't wait until Christian returns. And as oncall said it should be after mania. And also if del rio is still WHC. I would want Christian too fight for the title using his "one more match" catchphrase.

Hopefully Christian will remain a backstage guy for the rest of his career, teaching youngsters how to wrestle and whatnot. I don't see any value in Christain on TV .

Banner Credit: Spike

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    Hopefully Christian will remain a backstage guy for the rest of his career, teaching youngsters how to wrestle and whatnot. I don't see any value in Christain on TV .
    Christian is only 39. And he can still go in the ring. So yeah he is more value too the wwe wrestling then being a backstage guy.

How do you know we've barely seen him on TV in the past 2 years? There's no need for a Christian. There are too many friggin wrestlers as it is.

Banner Credit: Spike

Banned

How do you know we've barely seen him on TV in the past 2 years? There's no need for a Christian. There are too many friggin wrestlers as it is.
    Christian is a asset too the wwe. He can work with the new guys and get them over.

Christian was cleared to wrestle before the Rumble, I just dont think theres a spot on Mania for him so they are holding his return off until after.

christian...another guy who belongs in a tag team.

people might hate me for saying this, but i was never a fan of edge as a solo wrestler either. some guys just do better in a tag tream.

ahem, kofi kingston, ahem.

I really can't see Christian coming in and doing anything. They have so many of these mid-card type wrestlers and I don't see him going back into the main event scene.

I a huge fan of Christian but in the current state of the WWE I really don't see him getting another main event run or world title win.I see him being used in the mid card to get other guys over and also in the tag team division.Which the later is the way I would use him.Why not have him tag up with Chris Jericho again or someone on the younger side that could use the rub tagging with him like The Miz or a returning Tyson Kidd.

Christian he never got that "one more match" did he?
    - Credit: Bender -

A few years ago I would have agreed with this. But seeing the way he thrived in TNA changed my mind. The guy proved he can be a mainevent player. He came back to the E and proved it wasn't just a case of a "big fish in a small pond". I'd love to see a Punk/Christian feud or evn a Christian/Ryback feud. Something fresh and different.

Where's Christian?
    Counting down the days until his next World title win in TNA.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Christian he never got that "one more match" did he?
    I'm pretty sure he received that one more match about five times but kept asking for another one more match. Annoying heel gimmick and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    Christian is only 39. And he can still go in the ring. So yeah he is more value too the wwe wrestling then being a backstage guy.
    39 isn't young in wrestling. Since he's missed so much I expect him to wrestle maybe one or two more years. Then he'd be great to transition to NXT as a trainer like Regal has.

39 would means he only has a few years left in him I think. He's an established mid to upper mid card guy, so they aren't going to invest a ton of time into him to try and make him a star. I'd like to see him become a trainer or something once his career in the ring ends.

Thread Information