Thread: WWE Studios film actually makes money; expected to finish second.

Default WWE Studios film actually makes money; expected to finish second.

WWE Studios' thrilled "The Call" starring Halle Berry with David Otunga in a supporting role, looks to be having a strong opening weekend, where it is projected to be the #2 film.

The film grossed $6.2 million yesterday and is projected to make $16.7 million for the weekend. Disney's new Oz film is expected to remain at the top of the box office. "The Call" is expected to best "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone", a comedy starring Jim Carrey and Steve Carrell as dueling Vegas magicians.
    http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=76154

The other one with Wade Barrett and Colin Farrell bombed apparently last week. Not surprising, sounded boring. So did this one but I'm surprised that it did this well. Jim Carrey curse strikes again I suppose? He hasn't had any good films in years.

How ironic is it that it's Otunga's film that's the most successful. And they didn't even bring him back on TV to promote it.

Good news for WWE I suppose. hey must have been disappointed from last weeks release of the Farrell movie. Scuttlebutt is that they were thinking of shutting down WWE studios if the next few films aren't even marginally successful. No word yet on how Marine 3 DVD sales have gone. I tried watching it but the first five minutes bored the shit out of me so I turned it off.

I guess this means they'll live on for a while at least. Next one is 12 Rounds 2 with Orton I think, and Hornswoggle should be filming the Leprechaun reboot soon.

Banned

Default Re: WWE Studios film actually makes money; expected to finish second.

Beause it had Halle Berry in it. That one with Carell and Carrey sounds ok.

Banned

They should give up with these movies. There just all so boring bar The Condemmed.

Banned

It's the middle of March, not exactly a hot time for movies. No great accomplishment finishing second.

This is their best hit. It even did better than The Marine!

Banned

Halle Berry>Colin Farrell, perhaps?

I'm actually shocked by how many reviewers have said it was actually a solid movie, only marred by the ending. After finding out what happens, I can understand that. Stupid doesn't begin to cover it.

I guess this means there could be a possible Otunga push in the works, what with this being something of a hit.

If there is... I ain't even mad.

baboosh

Get ready for the inevitable Otunga mega push.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

im not sure what suprises me more that "the call" did well or "wonderstone" with carrey and carrell did so poorly....
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

I'd rather read a book than watch WWE films.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Oh you mean the Collin Farrel WWE movie in which the WWE allowed Sheamus to basically talk shit about it for weeks dissing Barrett, you mean that one bombed, lol.

Halle Berry is a pretty big star though and this movie didn't look all that bad, so good for them I suppose.

I wouldn't mind Otunga getting a push either.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Looks like this was just a money maker for Brad Anderson. Easily his worst film by far, but he got the funds to do The System of Dr Tarr and Professor Fether so all is cool here.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=76154

No word yet on how Marine 3 DVD sales have gone. I tried watching it but the first five minutes bored the shit out of me so I turned it off.
    “The Marine 3″ remains WWE’s most successful straight-to-DVD release in a long time. After four weeks out it had sold 153,226 units for $2,292,261. That’s more than any WWE regular DVD will do this year with the possible exception of WrestleMania.

source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

http://www.gerweck.net/2013/05/23/th...-in-dvd-sales/

Good for The Miz.

I bet WWE bought 152 thousand of those copies. Kidding aside, I actually watched this movie and thought it was awful. Not as bad as Marine 2, but pretty awful. Not all Miz's fault, just an awful script.

Quote Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
    I bet WWE bought 152 thousand of those copies. Kidding aside, I actually watched this movie and thought it was awful. Not as bad as Marine 2, but pretty awful. Not all Miz's fault, just an awful script.
    I didn't watch it yet. But still it's quite impressive the amount of success the DVD has had. When I went to Walmart a month ago they had two copies left so that told me that the DVD would probably exceed expectations and they did. I'll probably buy it online with other DVDs at some point.

Thread Information