Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How strong is really Ryback?

Default How strong is really Ryback?

WWE has been pushing Ryback as this monster and alot of people are comparing him to wrestlers such as Goldberg because of his size but also because he looks like the love child of Rob Van Dam and Bill Goldberg.

For being pushed as this monster, is the guy really that strong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWQRvD7uzzk

The guy lost to Daniel Puder in an armwrestling contest and he cant lift Tensai and he cant lift Paul Heyman. Compare his lack of strength to monsters like Goldberg and Lesnar who did extreme feats of strength.

I am sorry if this thread is in the wrong forum.

Banned

Default Re: How strong is really Ryback?

Yeah he looks strong. But I don't think he is as strong as Henry or lesnar. Cena is Probally stronger than Ryback.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclesiastes View Post
    WWE has been pushing Ryback as this monster and alot of people are comparing him to wrestlers such as Goldberg because of his size but also because he looks like the love child of Rob Van Dam and Bill Goldberg.

For being pushed as this monster, is the guy really that strong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWQRvD7uzzk

The guy lost to Daniel Puder in an armwrestling contest and he cant lift Tensai and he cant lift Paul Heyman. Compare his lack of strength to monsters like Goldberg and Lesnar who did extreme feats of strength.

I am sorry if this thread is in the wrong forum.
    Yes, he can. Tensai sandbagged him. They Heyman one I don't know. He was probably carrying an injury or something because I'm fairly certain he can lift Paul Heyman. He's probably not as strong as Henry though, maybe not Cena. Obviously he does have a fair amount of strength though - look at him.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I'm sure he's plenty strong. I mean, I wouldn't fuck with the guy. But I don't think his strength is in the category of the names already mentioned.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

He's not as strong as he looks, I don't think. But I don't the Heyman and Tensai references tell us much. Apparently he was sandbagged and Heyman really isn't that big, he can lift him.

I don't think he's as strong as Henry. And I'm not sure he's as strong as Sheamus and Cesaro either, those two are pretty impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

He's certainly not as strong as they push him as being. He's clearly strong, but a guy like Henry and maybe even Cena can own him in the strength category.

the only guys in the company who i would say are stronger are:

-big show
    -henry
    -Big E
    -lesnar

and MAYBE has strong has cena, since while cena's not has big cena seems to be even stronger than he actually looks.

and this is hardly a knock on ryback.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Hes like a Batista, he looks stronger than he really is.

Henry isn't as strong as they bill him. "Strongest Man in the World"? Than why is it that Kurt Angle is the only Olympic Gold Medalist in prowrestling? Henry went to the same games as Angle (1996) and didn't medal. I've hated his gimmick from day one because of this. How are you the strongest when there are three other guys wearing a Gold, Silver and Bronze medal? I know it's petty but seriously, we aren't stupid!

pound for pound no where nearly as strong as Cena or Cesaro..

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    Henry isn't as strong as they bill him. "Strongest Man in the World"? Than why is it that Kurt Angle is the only Olympic Gold Medalist in prowrestling? Henry went to the same games as Angle (1996) and didn't medal. I've hated his gimmick from day one because of this. How are you the strongest when there are three other guys wearing a Gold, Silver and Bronze medal? I know it's petty but seriously, we aren't stupid!
    How they bill him isn't what we're talking about though. I don't think there's too many people that will deny he's the strongest in the company. And besides, it's a gimmick. How many wrestler's gimmicks were 100% true? The boogeyman isn't really the boogeyman, ya know.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Because if you know anything about amateur wrestling, technique wins over strength any day.

And this is such a futile question to base this thread off of. It's all speculation. We can't see him in the weight room.

Spoiler

He executed the move perfectly on Tensai one week before on SmackDown, it's an awkward move to do. It's not as simple as just lifting someone up in a firemans carry.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    He executed the move perfectly on Tensai one week before on SmackDown, it's an awkward move to do. It's not as simple as just lifting someone up in a firemans carry.

Plus Tensai didn't sandbag him there. The reference to that one time on RAW is pointless - and if he can do it on Tensai then he can do it on Heyman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post
    Plus Tensai didn't sandbag him there. The reference to that one time on RAW is pointless - and if he can do it on Tensai then he can do it on Heyman.
    Strength isn't all arm wrestling...some guys have great upper body strength, some lower body, some arm, some back, some overall core (torso/abs/back/chest) strength, etc. Body types are different too.

Ryback's setup for his move is VERY awkward. Ryback is strong. You don't get that build from not being strong. However Goldberg may simply have awesome core strength and overall fitness. Goldberg's intensity and overall athletic ability ads to his impressiveness. With Brock, it's a bit of a different intensity, but he is/way athletic that was built from his am wrestling days.

I think Goldberg and Brock are overall better pro-wrestling performers and move around the ring a lot better. Brock sells moves very well too. The fallback with Ryback is that he's is so easily compared (and built/booked) in similar fashion to those two, and those two didn't have any major botches in their build up booking that would come off as making them look weak. Goldberg was actually very good at adjusting his moves in mid execution when he needed too. I think that was a testament to his core strength and athletic ability. Brock simply made things look too easy and has the size and overall wrestling ability to do so. Ryback is strong and good, but simply a notch below both in terms of wrestling ability, athleticism, movement and performance.

It's unfortunate that Ryback had some botches with Tensai and Hayman. But it is an awkward move. And like MANY pro wrestling moves....

...it still takes two. Youtube search: Undertaker vs Hogan worst chokeslam ever...I don't care how strong you are, if you don't work with your opponent, many moves can come off horrible.

Ryback is strong enough to Shell Shock Mark Henry and he will do it at WrestleMania 29.

Banner Credit: Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    Ryback is strong enough to Shell Shock Mark Henry and he will do it at WrestleMania 29.
    Even if he's strong enough, Henry might be too wide. The people he's had trouble with are ones that are a bit wide across the stomach area.

I think they'll try to do it, even if its shorter and kinda sucks. It'd be huge for Ryback if he could do it at WM.

Banner Credit: Spike

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Asking how strong he is is also kinda irrelevant. Just because you have strength doesn't mean you have a lot of power.

Power is what matters in pro wrestling, because it's needed for more of the moves than just strength alone.

Spoiler

I know that on the Cena DVD (I think Rock/Cena), they show Big E setting the record for a bench press with something absolutely ridiculous at Cena's gym. Vince has called Cena a neanderthal in terms of brute strength, and there have been some pretty epic AAs.

Probably something like
    Big E
    Cena
    Henry
    Big Show
    Ryback
    etc
    You understand the point is for faces to be cool, and heels to be jackasses we hate, right? Because I feel like a large portion of the IWC doesn't actually ever understand that.

Ryback shell shocking Henry at WM could be the big moment he needs to get him back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
    Ryback shell shocking Henry at WM could be the big moment he needs to get him back on track.
    I'd imagine that's exactly what the WWE are hoping for

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

Oly-style lifting is very specific in the way you have to train for it; the best powerlifters aren't also the best Olympic lifters. It's like saying why isn't the best karate guy dominating taekwando competitions; they're similar but different.

If you look at his lifting history, though, it's pretty damned impressive. There's no one person you could point to as being indisputably the strongest, but he's up there for sure.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

The guy is one of the worlds strongest men, hence why is was inducted into their hall of fame.

Thanks To Hayze

I always felt that way about him I always felt the only reason he was brought in was because of Kurt and his size. Glad some one else agreeds

Thread Information