Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What If The Rock Didn't Come Back.

Banned

Default What If The Rock Didn't Come Back.

I for one would have been disappointed if The Rock didn't come back.
    Ever since he returned he has turned PPV's into a bigger deal then they actually are.
    He has made a huge impact since he returned. And you cant help but respect the guy.
    So anyway what are your thoughts?
    What would the wwe be like now if he didn't return. Would the ratings be more worse than usual, would the WWE Championship still be in the shadow off John Cena. And what Would off last years wrestlemania been like without him.

Banned

Default Re: What If The Rock Didn't Come Back.

Ryback would be WWE Champion right now. And he'd be likely going over John Cena in a hugely built Cena/Ryback face vs face match at Wrestlemania 29 to further put him over as champion.

I feel The Undertaker vs. John Cena probably would have happened by now. Who knows, maybe Cena would have turned heel already.

I think if we didn't get Taker/Cena then we might of got CM Punk vs. John Cena for the WWE Title at WrestleMania.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Banned

I was also thinking that. Wrestlemania 28 would have been the big Cena/Punk III match, hopefully without Cena going over.

It wouldn't have been Cena/Punk. God knows what would've happened though. He came back in January 2011 and it's far too much to calculate.

Chaos theory. Who knows.

Everything Burns UltimateSavior's Avatar

Folks would've been disappointed like they were for several years after he left, waiting for Tha Great 1 to return.
    Last edited by UltimateSavior; 03-14-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Banned

I just remembered the Cena/Barrett angle from 2010. I always thought it would have been best for Barrett to win the belt from Orton late in the year and then play the Cena/Barrett hatred out till WM27, where Cena wins the title from Barrett. Putting Wade in Miz's place would have been wrong if the Rock was around since The Rock/Cena confrontation would have taken attention away from Cena/Barrett, which would have been a feud running for several months at that point.

I agree now that I think about it that Cena.Punk III wouldn't have happened at WM28 (remembered the disappointing Summerslam buy rate, and then there's the fact that Punk's title reign didn't start picking up steam until he turned heel.) Cena/Undertaker would have been perfect here. Undertaker's 20th Wrestlemania match, and the question of whether Cena (his biggest challenge yet) would be able to break the streak or whether Taker would make it to 20-0. I would have preferred the latter, ending in Taker retiring. Hell, maybe they even do the one year build to this like they did with Cena and The Rock.

If Rock didnt come back we could have all even treated to Justin Bieber hosting Wrestlemania 27.....

Thank god The Rock came back.

The Rock was always going to come back, but in the interest of this thread, I believe a few things:

-I believe Wade Barrett would have held a world championship already (likely in a feud with Cena).
    -I believe Cena vs. The Undertaker would have happened at Wrestlemania 28.
    -I believe CM Punk wouldn't have held the title for half as long as he did, since the end game was always to drop it to Dwayne.
    MachoWarrior made this so you should touch him sexually.

The RTruth
    RT loves Lucky Penny beer. You should try it.

Yoshi Tatsu vs Hunico vs Sin Cara for the WWE title at WM29.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Cena would have beaten The Miz at Wrestlemania 27 for the WWE title. After that I have no idea.

More threads on the Internet about how Dwayne "owes us" or something.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    It wouldn't have been Cena/Punk. God knows what would've happened though. He came back in January 2011 and it's far too much to calculate.

Chaos theory. Who knows.
    Yeah quite a few things would be different since it is spanning from 2011. For the sake of the thread though:

Miz may not have won the WWE Title and at the very least he would not have a WM main event win over Cena.

Cena/Taker most likely would have happened at WM 28 instead of Rock/Cena and HHH/Taker III.

CM Punk wouldn't have the accolade of the longest reigning champion of the last 25 years.

Those are the biggest changes. I actually think Cena would be more stale as a face though. The Rock feud called into question by Dwayne all the things people were complaining about Cena. Cena in turn responded by changing some stale things.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

So in this thread, we've worked out it's basically Rock's fault for Miz getting over-pushed, Ryback getting under-booked, and my dream match being abandoned.

#fucktherock

I kid, of course.

Kind of.

Banned

Could Ryback really be the third top guy behind Cena and punk.
    And if Rock didn't come back would the WWE championship be on the level it is now. I believe not,

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    Yeah quite a few things would be different since it is spanning from 2011. For the sake of the thread though:

Miz may not have won the WWE Title and at the very least he would not have a WM main event win over Cena.

Cena/Taker most likely would have happened at WM 28 instead of Rock/Cena and HHH/Taker III.

CM Punk wouldn't have the accolade of the longest reigning champion of the last 25 years.

Those are the biggest changes. I actually think Cena would be more stale as a face though. The Rock feud called into question by Dwayne all the things people were complaining about Cena. Cena in turn responded by changing some stale things.
    I agree with that. Rock returning has changed Cena's dynamic for sure. So if he hadn't then I can't imagine we'd really have Cena having the, "worst year of his life" and all that stuff. Ryback probably would have won the Rumble too. It's too hard to tell really, so many things would be different.

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    So in this thread, we've worked out it's basically Rock's fault for Miz getting over-pushed, Ryback getting under-booked, and my dream match being abandoned.

#fucktherock

I kid, of course.

Kind of.
    In fairness, Rock vs. Cena was an enormous dream match before it happened the first time.

I am 100 percent certain that Undertaker vs. Cena would have happened by now, though. You're all saying 28; I think it could have even happened at 27. After all, Cena/Miz was done in large part because of Rock.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Fuck Hardy's.Drugge & Fat vincemark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    In fairness, Rock vs. Cena was an enormous dream match before it happened the first time.

I am 100 percent certain that Undertaker vs. Cena would have happened by now, though. You're all saying 28; I think it could have even happened at 27. After all, Cena/Miz was done in large part because of Rock.
    I believe that Randy Orton.vs.John Cena would have been the Main Event of WrestleMania 27.
    CM Punk would have been gone from WWE by the Summer 2011.

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vincemark View Post
    I believe that Randy Orton.vs.John Cena would have been the Main Event of WrestleMania 27.
    CM Punk would have been gone from WWE by the Summer 2011.
    The first is very possible.

Not convinced on the second at all, though. If anything, they would have been more desperate to keep a guy like Punk if they didn't have somebody like The Rock to count on for these huge feuds.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Fuck Hardy's.Drugge & Fat vincemark's Avatar

The first is very possible.

Not convinced on the second at all, though. If anything, they would have been more desperate to keep a guy like Punk if they didn't have somebody like The Rock to count on for these huge feuds.
    Though, without that Orton program, nothing jumps out for Punk going back into that period. WWE would have likely left Punk off the WrestleMania 27 main card. Once that happens it's more easier to simply not renew such Talent.

I still think HHH would want to face UT though after seeing HBK having those matches. It was possible though it could have happened. I actually would have preferred it then too at WM 27 for a match quality standpoint with UT just coming off those matches with HBK. I think it would have just been easier to let Taker go to 20 and O and deal with the headache of who wins and loses with that milestone out the way.

Cena/Orton could have been a possibility at WM 27 as mentioned too though.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I think Cena/Miz would have still main evented Mania 27 because it seemed like they were already moving in that direction prior to Rock's return.

Cena would likely have become even more stale and might have already been forced into a heel turn by now.

Punk certainly wouldn't have even come close to as long of a reign as he had.

Ryback may have already won the title and would be gearing up to job it back to Cena at this year's Mania.

We'd still have the spinner belt.

Thank God Rocky came back!

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    I think Cena/Miz would have still main evented Mania 27 because it seemed like they were already moving in that direction prior to Rock's return.

Cena would likely have become even more stale and might have already been forced into a heel turn by now.

Punk certainly wouldn't have even come close to as long of a reign as he had.

Ryback may have already won the title and would be gearing up to job it back to Cena at this year's Mania.

We'd still have the spinner belt.

Thank God Rocky came back!
    Agree with everything except the ones I bolded. I still think the title would have been changed, and don't think that the Cena heel turned would have happened.

WWE probably would have shown more patience in Punk, Ryback & Barrett at the top of the card (from 2011-12 obviously) but I don't think things would be much different than they are now. At least creatively speaking.

For instance, while they may have stretched Punk's 2011 run longer, I can still see him ultimately losing to HHH just so he can get the rub heading into the amazing end game of a Kevin Nash sledge hammer ladder match.

Seriously, that last part still baffles me. One of the DUMBEST booking decisions I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post
    Agree with everything except the ones I bolded. I still think the title would have been changed, and don't think that the Cena heel turned would have happened.
    Yeah Im not seeing any reason for him to turn heel. I don't think him still being babyface has anything to do with The Rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Thread Information