Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The story behind RAWS highlight reel - Maddox blamed

Default The story behind RAWS highlight reel - Maddox blamed

- Before Monday's RAW hit the air, the original script they had for Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel was a "really bad" one so they changed it completely and spent hours re-doing the segment. There was also a problem with the Jeritron that was in the ring. During the playing of The Marine 3 trailer, the WWE ring crew had to remove the Jeritron from the ring. This caused more problems for the segment and Jericho was forced to improvise.

The segment really took a turn for the worse when Brad Maddox came out. The Jeritron was supposed to be involved in Maddox's presentation but it wasn't in the ring anymore, he lost track and flubbed his promo on live TV.

Even before Maddox came out, Vince McMahon had instructed Michael Cole to bury the segment on commentary. There was some heat on Cole with the feeling that the segment was bad but most people wouldn't have noticed or said anything if it weren't for his comments drawing attention.

Backstage, Vince was calling the segment one of the worse ever and Maddox was the one blamed.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...QzDQd4XvViO.99

Okay, so you completely change up the setting of the promo, not giving Maddox a heads up clearly causing him to lose his cool, being relatively new to the main roster, you have Cole bury the segment and make it worse before Maddox even comes out, then blame it all on Maddox?

Go fuck yourself Vince, you miserable old prick.
    baboosh

Default Re: The story behind RAWS highlight reel - Maddox blamed

I..... I never would have known that the segment didn't go as planned if not for this report.
    I thought it was fucking brilliant. I thought it was meant to get Maddox over as a self-absorbed heel who think he's so awesome, he doesn't realize how incompetent he is.

I thought the whole thing with the Jeritron was one of the most hilarious things I've heard on WWE TV in years. I watched that segment, like, 3 times. I was laughing so hard, I thought I was having a stroke.

Shame.

Well, that's why you shouldn't script promos verbatim.

Unless, they did it just to fuck with him, which wouldn't be surprising. They're clearly giving him the Matt Striker Treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

It was bad. I think everyone knew that. It was obviously stupid for Michael Cole to bury it on air, completely making a mockery of all the guys involved in the segment. Don't know how Vince can blame Maddox for it though, it was already gone past the point of really bad by the time he even come out. What was actually the matter with the Jeritron??
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Well, that's why you shouldn't script promos verbatim.

Unless, they did it just to fuck with him, which wouldn't be surprising. They're clearly giving him the Matt Striker Treatment.
    Yes. I am entirely convinced Vince is sabotaging HHH's boys. Cody is jobbing, Sandow is doing nothing, Langston was turned into the badass who was so powerful and confident, he'd pin people for a 5 count, into AJ Lee's friendzoned BFF, and now Maddox is having a segment that Vince himself made terrible blamed on him.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Yes. I am entirely convinced Vince is sabotaging HHH's boys.
    To be fair, a lot of Hunter's picks were victims of self-sabotage or unforeseeable changes in life circumstances.

Kharma: unforeseeable change in life circumstance.
    Sin Cara: primadonna and injury prone.
    Evan Bourne: druggy moron. (Wasn't he moved to Raw mid-feud with Tyson because Hunter liked him?)
    Sheamus: Irish.

But yeah. There is no way to argue against the fact that Vince is an out-of-touch ass.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Even before Maddox came out, Vince McMahon had instructed Michael Cole to bury the segment on commentary.
    That is exactly what I had thought happened while I was watching the segment. No surprise there.

surrender

I just thought that was part of Brad Maddox's character. He was the better part of the segment and I wouldn't have thought it was so awful if it wasn't for Michael "I only put myself over" Cole bitching the whole time Brad was on the mic.

See, it is part of Maddox's character. He's arrogant to the point of Idiocy. He's like Wimp Lo in Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (Dated reference GET!)

However, Vince seems to have set him up to fail on this one.
    baboosh

Maddox was only at the very end of it, how can he be blamed?

I enjoyed the segment actually, and thought the flub was part of his gimmick, it was similar to his smackdown commentary the previous week (and i got a kick out of it)

Vince respects the veterans and people who have served time for the business, hence why the fingers pointed at Maddox and Maddox only. Its a shame but that's senile Vincent for you.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    To be fair, a lot of Hunter's picks were victims of self-sabotage or unforeseeable changes in life circumstances.

Kharma: unforeseeable change in life circumstance.
    Sin Cara: primadonna and injury prone.
    Evan Bourne: druggy moron. (Wasn't he moved to Raw mid-feud with Tyson because Hunter liked him?)
    Sheamus: Irish.

But yeah. There is no way to argue against the fact that Vince is an out-of-touch ass.

wait. what?!
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

You knew the segment was off from the start. Miz commenting on Jericho's set and Jericho's remark about the (obscenely expensive) Jeri-tron 6000 clued me in. Then, Maddox arrived and it became a complete dumpster fire. However, if Vince thinks that's one of the worst segments ever, it just goes to show you that he doesn't watch his own product. The end of NXT Season 2 is still king. Nothing is ever topping that.

Banned

I had no problem with the segment. And I thought it was strange when cole kept burying it.
    And also vince is clearly in favour at blaming the guy with the least experience.
    Just look at Survivor Series when they blamed The Miz.

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    Just look at Survivor Series when they blamed The Miz.
    Well, to be fair, Miz is awful.

This is a load of crap. For one thing, Michael Cole said it was the worst segment in the history of Raw BEFORE Maddox came out as the report says, so how can Maddox be blamed. They really do make Vince out to be some sort of psycho who just runs around having to point blame at something, I don't think that's really the case.

I don't believe this report in the slightest, I believe they were unhappy with the promo but not that they are putting all the blame on Maddox.

On top of that, Maddox's character is clearly going to be a bumbling idiot who doesn't really know what he's doing. His bad mic skills were on purpose, I thought that was clear?

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    This is a load of crap. For one thing, Michael Cole said it was the worst segment in the history of Raw BEFORE Maddox came out as the report says, so how can Maddox be blamed. They really do make Vince out to be some sort of psycho who just runs around having to point blame at something, I don't think that's really the case.

I don't believe this report in the slightest, I believe they were unhappy with the promo but not that they are putting all the blame on Maddox.

On top of that, Maddox's character is clearly going to be a bumbling idiot who doesn't really know what he's doing. His bad mic skills were on purpose, I thought that was clear?
    A lot of people have made it known that Vince is a little nuts. Vince is extremely petty. If he thought the segment was terrible, of course he's going to blame Maddox. Him coming out is when the segment really turned to shit. Maddox is a bumbling oaf, but he's not supposed to be so much of one that it completely ruins a segment.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    A lot of people have made it known that Vince is a little nuts. Vince is extremely petty. If he thought the segment was terrible, of course he's going to blame Maddox. Him coming out is when the segment really turned to shit. Maddox is a bumbling oaf, but he's not supposed to be so much of one that it completely ruins a segment.
    But it was already ruined before he came out. Vince would have been the one to feed the line to Michael Cole of 'This may be the worst segment in Raw history', which was before Maddox came out. So Vince obviously knew it was pretty bad before Maddox even came out.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    But it was already ruined before he came out. Vince would have been the one to feed the line to Michael Cole of 'This may be the worst segment in Raw history', which was before Maddox came out. So Vince obviously knew it was pretty bad before Maddox even came out.
    Common sense was never Vince's strong suit. I mean come on. He left the fate of WCW in the hands of Buff Bagwell.

The segment wasn't good, and you could tell Maddox was having some issues. If that story is true though and they are blaming Maddox that is just crap. VI feel sorry for him. Vince; you're a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    Common sense was never Vince's strong suit. I mean come on. He left the fate of WCW in the hands of Buff Bagwell.

So Jericho came back for this? Of course blame won't go to him.

Not sure about this report though.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

As others have said, I thought that was all intentional on Brad Maddox's part. Except maybe the Jeritron bit. Also I am another who didn't think the overall segment was bad at all. It wasn't great, but certainly not bad for me. I was entertained.

Langston was turned into the badass who was so powerful and confident, he'd pin people for a 5 count.
    To be honest, that 5 count thing was pretty terrible. His very first NXT promo regarding the 5 count was also terrible. His current role trumps that.

Banned

Maybe Vince should stop booking at the last minute and the segments won't suck. And burying his own segment beforehand? Great promotional skills, you old geezer.

Its always easier to blame the new guy in any business because there is no attachment to them.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Considering this is Vince we are talking about he probably did blame Maddox a little just to show HHH that he is still in charge and holds the power.

Thread Information