Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bully Ray - Most Deserving TNA Champion in a while..

Default Bully Ray - Most Deserving TNA Champion in a while..

In my opinion, he put in a work and surpassed everyone's expectations as a singles guy. They gave him the ball and he ran with it.. Do you agree/disagree?

The Predator

Default Re: Bully Ray - Most Deserving TNA Champion in a while..

I cant really say I agree with that because I felt that BOTH Robert Roode and Austin Aries were very deserving champions and Jeff Hardy was the only one after them before Bully, if you'ns I would say he is just as deserving as Roode or Aries were.
    [IMG][/IMG]

TNA FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Forum Champion (8x); X (5x); Internet (1x); Tag Team Champion (11, 1x w/RZ, 1x w/Star, 3x w/badfish, 1x w/gycax, 5x w/Y2JFan)
    5x...Triple Crown Champ (Forum/X/Tag)
    1x...Grand Slam Champ (Forum/X/Internet/Tag)
    RECORDS:
    SINGLE TITLE: Most PPVs (23 PPVs as Tag); Most Reigns (11 Tag); Longest Reign (X,Tag 6 PPVs)
    OVERALL: Most PPVs (multiple titles/PPV=multiple PPVs) as champion (62); Most title reigns (25)

Honestly, I felt he tried alot harder than either of them. Those two were great champions but it felt like they 'expected' to be champ. Whereas Bully Ray worked for it.

Gaberlunzie Jackanapes RINGKING's Avatar

There is one other time I feel Bully Ray was a great singles guy, and I believe it was 2002 ish in the WWE. He had a couple of solid showings against HHH when he was champ, and really started to gain momentm as a big player against he NWO, but that fizzled out...and so did his singles run. He was on the verge of breaking out as a Main Event guy then, so nice to see him get his Title run now. I truly feel he can be a solid champ.

As far as the most deserving....that is debatable, but glad he is getting this run.

Banner by-ThreadKiller

I could not disagree more! I think he's the worst world champion I've seen since David Arquette! Sure, Arquette was worse but "Tons of Numb" Bully Ray is barely better. I just think the guy is completely boring and has a terrible personality. Besides, his fat ass is slow in the ring and he can't cut a promo worth a damn. That NYC douchebag accent just kills me.

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    I could not disagree more! I think he's the worst world champion I've seen since David Arquette! Sure, Arquette was worse but "Tons of Numb" Bully Ray is barely better. I just think the guy is completely boring and has a terrible personality. Besides, his fat ass is slow in the ring and he can't cut a promo worth a damn. That NYC douchebag accent just kills me.
    Yeah, but you're a negative nancy.

Ray has totally earned this.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Yeah, but you're a negative nancy.

Ray has totally earned this.
    He has? I guess if being a barnacle on the ass of Devon for 20 years is the litmus test, then yeah. I guess under that standard Bully is deserving. But the fat, slow guy with no charisma just doesn't seem to work in my book.

He has plenty of charisma, he can play a better heel than Devon.. And 99% of the roster. We know its not going to be a long reign either.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jung Dragon
    Honestly, I felt he tried alot harder than either of them. Those two were great champions but it felt like they 'expected' to be champ. Whereas Bully Ray worked for it.
    That's because he has to try harder since he's passed his prime and has severely limited in-ring abilities... Whereas both Roo and Aries are in their prime and have fantastic in-ring abilities. They just make it look easy 'cause they're that damn good.

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    He has? I guess if being a barnacle on the ass of Devon for 20 years is the litmus test, then yeah. I guess under that standard Bully is deserving. But the fat, slow guy with no charisma just doesn't seem to work in my book.
    Yeah yeah, and he'll have a heart attack and fall off a balcony, crushing Mark Henry and Zack Ryder and you can ride away on a unicorn with TGO's mom. We get it!

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

IMO, he's the most deserving World Champion since Christian. Yeah Roode & Aries deserved it, but they haven't been toiling away under the radar for nearly as long as Christian & Bully were.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Yeah yeah, and he'll have a heart attack and fall off a balcony, crushing Mark Henry and Zack Ryder and you can ride away on a unicorn with TGO's mom. We get it!

Damn! I make one f#cking post about Mark Henry having a heart attack and you milk that bitch like Ben Stiller with Jinxy cat! I humbly apologize for sharing my opinion about Bully Ray on a message board thread about... Bully Ray. I guess I should discuss something more "on topic" such as Zack Ryder, Unicorns or TGO's mom. Cause you know, that would be on topic.

OK. Honestly, I'm up for discussing TGO's mom. Hotty!

Agreed 1000% he's been arguably the best heel in the business sense his split with D-Von and has turned his himself into a leaner meaner fighting match,this from a guy who's in his early 40's and has been in the business for twenty years.Dude is at the top of his game and not only again the best heel in the business,in the best shape of his career but is also putting up his best singles matches todate in his career.

I was happy to finally see him win a world title,even if it came at the expense of my boy Jeff Hardy.Hopefully he get a long reign as champion at least until Bound For Glory were he has a show down and drops the title to Mr.TNA AJ Styles.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPresley21 View Post
    I was happy to finally see him win a world title,even if it came at the expense of my boy Jeff Hardy.Hopefully he get a long reign as champion at least until Bound For Glory were he has a show down and drops the title to Mr.TNA AJ Styles.
    "AJ Styles" is a funny way to spell Nick Hogan.

Banned

Disagree.

Hardy was a great champion who earned his spot by being the top face on the active roster. Why people take that away from him is beyond me.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I totally agree he deserves the title. He's been far more better as a singles competitor than anyone expected.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Coco View Post
    Disagree.

Hardy was a great champion who earned his spot by being the top face on the active roster. Why people take that away from him is beyond me.
    Because he's a criminal & drug addict that showed up to his job intoxicated, which put his opponent in harm's way. The fact that they let him go out there in the first place shows just how morally bankrupt TNA is.

The last four TNA World Champions have been very deserving, not just Bully Ray. It was incredible to see Bully totally reinvent himself to bring himself to the main event. The way he's improved the last few years makes him deserving of the top spot. Hardy is obviously liked by most people who do not frequent forums. He's been a company guy, and has changed his act for the better. Roode worked hard since his debut in the company, another fun journey to remember. The fans WANTED Aries after the way he got hella over with the help of Hogan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    Because he's a criminal & drug addict that showed up to his job intoxicated, which put his opponent in harm's way. The fact that they let him go out there in the first place shows just how morally bankrupt TNA is.
    TNA is a business. Jeff Hardy is a hot commodity. If he falls off the wagon, you give him a stern talking to and see if he can get cleaned up. Because business.

Lord, I'd hate to see how you'd run a business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    I totally agree he deserves the title. He's been far more better as a singles competitor than anyone expected.
    When Bully first started his feud with AJ Styles in 2011, I got into flame wars with people who disagreed with me about his talent.

Glad to have been right on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Coco View Post
    TNA is a business. Jeff Hardy is a hot commodity. If he falls off the wagon, you give him a stern talking to and see if he can get cleaned up. Because business.

Lord, I'd hate to see how you'd run a business.
    A stern talking to isn't going to do shit for a drug addict and repeated offender. They had their World Title on a man that couldn't even go on the European tour for legal reasons. That doesn't seem too smart for business. Jeff Hardy would be over regardless if he were champion or not. I'd put the title belt on somebody I fully believed in and won't have to worry about them making life-ruining mistakes.

Hardy was a hot commodity in the WWE, and had he stayed there for a few more weeks, it would've been a disaster for them and they would have certainly fired him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    A stern talking to isn't going to do shit for a drug addict and repeated offender.
    Shows what you know. Jeff's reformed.

They had their World Title on a man that couldn't even go on the European tour for legal reasons. That doesn't seem too smart for business.
    Not as though it hurt that trip. Business is always strong over there. Meanwhile, they get to keep Hardy as a huge presence on TV and sell his shirts and junk. Not seeing the problem.

Jeff Hardy would be over regardless if he were champion or not. I'd put the title belt on somebody I fully believed in and won't have to worry about them making life-ruining mistakes.
    The people wanted Jeff as champion though. They wanted the redemption story. Customer is king.

Hardy was a hot commodity in the WWE, and had he stayed there for a few more weeks, it would've been a disaster for them and they would have certainly fired him.
    Hardy's presence elevates and legitimises the TNA brand. Different situations.

But I'll stop here. No reason to get dragged into the gutter with the casually-judgemental anti-Hardy sentiment around here.

People thought he was reformed the last time he was clean...until he started using again. And people wanted Jeff as champion? The people that cheered Austin Aries and booed Jeff during one of their encounters away from the Sheep Zone? The people that cheered Bully Ray over him at Lockdown? People here didn't want Jeff as Champion. People at other forums didn't want Jeff as Champion. There's a pretty strong, sizable anti-Hardy group out there and they didn't want Hardy as Champion. Hell, some don't even want him in TNA and that's perfectly understandable. If there's one thing I've learned in following the career of Jeff Hardy, it's that he will burn you. It's just a matter of when. People are sick of him blowing chances just to get more. Hardy did not deserve his last run and he certainly didn't deserve it over Aries, Roode, Bully, or Storm. Hardy doesn't elevate or legitimize TNA. Nobody does. If Hogan, Sting, Flair, RVD, etc didn't, Hardy had no chance.

Banned

Faces get booed often in this era of wrestling. I tend not to think much of it. This isn't 2005/2006 any more.

Banned

Wow Bubba Dudley is the TNA champion? What a fucking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Voorhees View Post
    Wow Bubba Dudley is the TNA champion? What a fucking joke.
    Except the fact that it's not.

Thread Information