Thread: Joseph Park

The Cunt Of Personality GetReady2Fly's Avatar

Default Joseph Park

When did the IWC fall in love with Joseph Park? I remember people from June saying the angle was moving too slowly. Then all of a sudden he's insanely popular. What happened?

Default Re: Joseph Park

I find the character ridiculous and tedious. He reminds me of Eugene without the extreme mental handicap.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

The Predator

I remember a lot of people actually liking him. Just waitin for the return if abyss though.
    [IMG][/IMG]

TNA FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Forum Champion (8x); X (5x); Internet (1x); Tag Team Champion (11, 1x w/RZ, 1x w/Star, 3x w/badfish, 1x w/gycax, 5x w/Y2JFan)
    5x...Triple Crown Champ (Forum/X/Tag)
    1x...Grand Slam Champ (Forum/X/Internet/Tag)
    RECORDS:
    SINGLE TITLE: Most PPVs (23 PPVs as Tag); Most Reigns (11 Tag); Longest Reign (X,Tag 6 PPVs)
    OVERALL: Most PPVs (multiple titles/PPV=multiple PPVs) as champion (62); Most title reigns (25)

Another thing that TNA has dragged on for too long.

Banner Credit: Spike

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

I still sort of enjoy the Joseph Park character... Although, the joke is starting to wear a little thin... And I have no clue what his purpose even is anymore... Eh...

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA View Post
    I find the character ridiculous and tedious. He reminds me of Eugene without the extreme mental handicap.
    It does seem a little dragged out. They need to either kill off Abyss or end the Joe Parks thing. I liked the Joe Parks storyline originally but it has gone too long.

He's been popular for a while. And I still dig him. It's a brilliant gimmick and Chris is pulling it off much better than expected.

Oh, and respect the LA Law theme music.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I enjoy him a lot.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I think that once TNA saw how over Joseph Park was getting, they decided to run with it longer than originally planned. He's become an actual roster member and Abyss is done, apparently.

I've known the guy since he started out wrestling as Prince Justice managed by the late Johnny Diamond in the Ohio based Northern Wrestling Federation. He was very funny then and the Joseph Parks character is very similar in personality. Although the awkwardness he shows since he started training is a new added bonus that is fun as hell. I would think that fun loving awkwardness is why so many have come to like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    I think that once TNA saw how over Joseph Park was getting, they decided to run with it longer than originally planned. He's become an actual roster member and Abyss is done, apparently.
    Not so fast...

World Wrestling League, the new promotion in Puerto Rico, has announced a slew of TNA talents for their debut event on Sunday 4/21 in San Juan, PR.

Set for the show are Samoa Joe, James Storm, Abyss, TNA Tag Team champion Bobby Roode, and Christopher Daniels. It would be the first appearance by the Abyss character in several months.

The show will be headlined by Texano Jr. vs. Ricky Bandera for the AAA Mega-Championship, the first time the title will be defended outside Mexico.

For more on the promotion, click here.
    I'm guessing Joseph didn't go to Puerto Rico because he has a big case coming up.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

Also, Joseph Parks recently made an appearance in the Ohio based Northern Wrestling Federation and told champion Jay Donaldson that his brother Abyss would be making an appearance in Fairfield, OH "Sooner than you think."

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Not so fast...

I'm guessing Joseph didn't go to Puerto Rico because he has a big case coming up.
    Swagger and Uso called

I don't want to sound like a dumb A** or something but I was away from Wrestling for a little while. My qustion is if Joseph and Abyss one the same or are they brothers.

Either way I love Abyss I think he is a real bad A** and as far as Joseph goes I like him I think hes cool. I really liked when Hogan try to explain what ribing was.

Quote Originally Posted by LTS View Post
    I don't want to sound like a dumb A** or something but I was away from Wrestling for a little while. My qustion is if Joseph and Abyss one the same or are they brothers.
    In real life Abyss and Joesph Park are played by the same guy.

Storyline wise they're "brothers" however most people think or at least did think it will/would play out as Abyss having a split personality.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

They're still pushing the split personality angle here and there. However, the Abyss character has pretty much been phased out of this whole storyline. And given the whole PPV situation... I think it's safe to say Joseph will be sticking around for many more months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    In real life Abyss and Joesph Park are played by the same guy.

Storyline wise they're "brothers" however most people think or at least did think it will/would play out as Abyss having a split personality.
    Thanks I was thinking that but wasn't sure.

You're talking to god! CarlitoCool9111's Avatar

The Joseph Park character is hilarious he acts like a whimp but I find myself cheering for him when he gets challenged and stands up for himself kind of like a kid in school that gets picked on but eventually gets tired of being bullied and stands up for himself.

The winning streak has to end soon as the character does itself then he can get beat down by Aces and Eights transform back into Abyss and the creature is unleashed again.
    Austin Aries> CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    They're still pushing the split personality angle here and there. However, the Abyss character has pretty much been phased out of this whole storyline. And given the whole PPV situation... I think it's safe to say Joseph will be sticking around for many more months.
    Probably for the best. TNA absolutely ruined the Abyss character beyond salvation. His "alliance" with Hogan when Hogan first joined TNA was one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen.

If they decide to bring Abyss back it should be some time in the future when people have forgotten how pathetic the character became.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Thread Information