Thread: aces and eight the new nwo

Default aces and eight the new nwo

Im sorry if theres already a thread over this I just came back after a year. The aces and eihhts really is the newer generation nwo.
    Best in the world at what I do.

Default Re: aces and eight the new nwo

No it's not. At one point, the nWo was interesting & entertaining. That was never the case with Aces & Eights.

I was intrigued with A8 when they first started then they dragged out the identity of Devon which I thought was underwhelming. Devon is where it got bad because they just got jobbed out weekly. They should have booked Knox and Festus really high but even they got jobbed. The Taz thing was probably the best moment of the whole thing I loved it, but since then Taz hasn't played an important factor at all. And now D-lo Brown, come on.

I think logical ways they can go with this is for Bully Ray and Brooke to be behind it against Hulk and TNA. Or Bully and Brooke didn't know a thing. Or Hogan and Brooke against Bully. Or Bischoff, or Jarrett, or Steiner.

Also which member, if any on Team TNA will actually be in Aces and 8's?

Banner Credit: Spike

The Predator

Yeah I agree...I really enjoyed the beginning of Aces & Eights and even wasn't pissed off with the Devon reveal as they needed someone who was pissed off (and they had that story already out there as he wasn't "resigned")...Loved that they brought in DOC and even though I'm not a fan of Knox, those two should have quickly won the tag titles and become a dominating team to give them more power...Anderson joining was meh...also wasnt too mad about Briscoe, but didnt care for Bischoff joining...D'Lo's reveal was piss poor...they hsould have held off until Lockdown and it should have been Bully Ray as the VP...would have made much more sense.

As soon as they started jobbing continuously they lost all power...but technically D'Lo is the VP so do we really know who is actually in charge...the only thing that could possibly even save this for the remote part is for Bully Ray to win the World Title, then reveal he is the real leader of A&8s along with Brooke, then have Knox and DOC win the tag titles. Without this there is no chance to save this.
    [IMG][/IMG]

TNA FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Forum Champion (8x); X (5x); Internet (1x); Tag Team Champion (11, 1x w/RZ, 1x w/Star, 3x w/badfish, 1x w/gycax, 5x w/Y2JFan)
    5x...Triple Crown Champ (Forum/X/Tag)
    1x...Grand Slam Champ (Forum/X/Internet/Tag)
    RECORDS:
    SINGLE TITLE: Most PPVs (23 PPVs as Tag); Most Reigns (11 Tag); Longest Reign (X,Tag 6 PPVs)
    OVERALL: Most PPVs (multiple titles/PPV=multiple PPVs) as champion (62); Most title reigns (25)

To be a modern nWo, it would have to be a big deal in the professional wrestling business and feature big-name wrestlers. This doesn't have those qualities. It's just another stable that will be forgotten in a few years. The nWo featured big names from the WWF that defected...Aces & Eights features WWE rejects that got released. That is a BIG difference IMO.

It is in the sense this person has nothing to do lets throw them in this super group. So I am guessing late nWo.

But if Bully(with or without Brooke might as well be with her since she acts heelish already) and Ivelisse joins Sunday and if Aces and Eights start to begin to appear more dominate then this could be saved.

Lot of ands and ifs there.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

Banned

Last time I checked, the nWo weren't a bunch of nobody jobbers.

More like the bWo tbh.

No. The bWo were funny. INTENTIONALLY funny.
    The IWC will never be happy unless Daniel Bryan wins both world titles, makes Batista tap out and makes HHH look like a total bitch in the process.
    Consider me a satisfied customer.

bWo jobbers?

Stevie was set to win the ECW title due to the success and popularity of bWo, until Terry Funk crippled him like an idiot.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post

More like the bWo tbh.
    Stevie Ray, Big Bubba (face it), Scott Norton, Vincent, Fake Sting, Horace Hogan, Disco Inferno, and David Flair were all in various forms of the nWo.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Aces & Eights are as much the nWo as the JOB squad was. They're a fucking joke. Their big reveals - D-Von and D-Lo

Do me a favour. They need to end this storyline ASAP and move on, because they have fucked it up beyond salvation. Even their theme music is gay.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post

More like the bWo tbh.
    You can not be serious. Hogan is the most well know guy in wrestling. He is is wrestling. And you have the nerve too call him a jobber

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    You can not be serious. Hogan is the most well know guy in wrestling. He is is wrestling. And you have the nerve too call him a jobber
    He didn't call Hulk Hogan a jobber, He said the nWo wasn't a bunch of jobbers... though as Kara has shown they had their fair share of "jobbers" in the group at one point or another."

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Aces and Eights is like the nWo black and white group; after the nWo seperated into wolfpac and black/white, and then later when the few good names were left in b/w nWo left and it was nothing but shitty jobbers.... that's Aces and eights

Remember their first appearance when they attacked Sting? What was the frst impression by most people? "Worst Beatdown Ever".

Case closed.

They can't and won't ever touch the NWO boots. All they are, are a bunch of ECW main guys with the WWE rejects as the Rocker refer to add in.

So there's a bunch of guys in ones stable and they become the nWo? All the combined members of the nWo added up to 25? 26?

There's 9 in Aces & Eights, I think. Why does everything have to be a comparison?
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Because Bischoff is more than likely the person behind this stable/storyline... and everybody knows the nWo angle is the only one he knows how to do...

Besides, it's an invading force seeking to destroy the company. How is that not exactly like the nWo?

You're talking to god! CarlitoCool9111's Avatar

You're right WhoCares but the nWo dominated from the start Aces and Eights have been made to look inferior instead of a dominant force like it looks like TNA is going to do now.

They should have dominated from the beginning.
    Austin Aries> CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Because Bischoff is more than likely the person behind this stable/storyline... and everybody knows the nWo angle is the only one he knows how to do...

Besides, it's an invading force seeking to destroy the company. How is that not exactly like the nWo?
    Aces & 8s are more like Ev2.

Holly shit, they are Ev2! That's what the angle is about! Maybe it was Bully taking revenge for all his ECW brothers. Then Hogan will reform a nWo-like group. Sting will form the Wolfpac. AJ will reform Fourtune.

Quote Originally Posted by nazzer View Post
    Aces and Eights is like the nWo black and white group; after the nWo seperated into wolfpac and black/white, and then later when the few good names were left in b/w nWo left and it was nothing but shitty jobbers.... that's Aces and eights
    I was going to say Aces and Eights was more like the lWo but this is a better comparisson. The Wolfpac split and it became the "cool" group. After a while the nWo black and white was left without any big names, kind of like Aces and Eights.

At least nWo hollywood split from a group that at one point were cool. A&8's have never really been cool. They're like a pumped up DOA.

Difference?

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA View Post
    At least nWo hollywood split from a group that at one point were cool. A&8's have never really been cool. They're like a pumped up DOA.

Difference?
    Uhh... A's & 8's all don't have matching goatees?

Maybe they should.

Wasn't Bully Ray the one who put Abyss out of commission? Uh oh looks like face Abyss might be back sooner than later

Banner Credit: Spike

Thread Information