Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **SPOILER REGARDING THE ROCK**

Default **SPOILER REGARDING THE ROCK**

So it's being reported that Rocks agreed to work a few dates after mania, including Extreme Rules.

This sheds some doubt (perhaps just a little) on who's winning at Mania. Perhaps a potential heel turn for Cena really is plausible?

Thanks Heteroflexible

Default Re: **SPOILER REGARDING THE ROCK**

I think Cena will win at WrestleMania for sure. Extreme Rules would just be Rock's natural rematch, and probably a Triple Threat with Punk because he needs something to do after WrestleMania.

A heel turn though is a real possibility.

Cena needs to win at Mania even more then he did last year. I think Todds right and it would just be a rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    It's the cycle of the internet. Watch Raw, complain, sleep, repeat.
    Episode 4 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest MachoWarrior

The countdown has begun, see where your favourite season landed

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Has this been confirmed for sure? Because I know there was some confusion as to how it wasn't being advertised on WWE's or the arena's website.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I definitely agree that Cena needs this win and I'm still fairly certain he is winning but this news certainly puts a little doubt in my mind. I'm perhaps 85% sure Cena is winning now as opposed to the 95% sure I was earlier today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Has this been confirmed for sure? Because I know there was some confusion as to how it wasn't being advertised on WWE's or the arena's website.
    Source was Wrestling Observet Newsletter. Not sure if its 100% reliable or not

Thanks Heteroflexible

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    He's confirmed for Extreme Rules. The build-up dates are Meltzer reported.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Do we know which dates, exactly?

And I would think WWE would be listing him for ER if he was confirmed. I just checked, and they still aren't.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

There have been adverts in St. Louis using a slogan along the lines of 'for the first time ever, the Rock gets extreme'. WWE have also been sending e-mails to fans advertising Rock at Extreme Rules, and it's advertised on their Facebook page.

No idea why WWE.com nor the arena itself are advertising it yet.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I say that the main event of Mania now ends in one of two ways....

1. Cena wins by turning heel and joining forces with the Shield and Paul Heyman

Or

2. Rock wins by turning heel and joining forces with the Shield and Paul Heyman

What doesn't happen is Cena winning the title as a babyface in front of a hostile NY/NJ crowd, not if Rock is coming to ER.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

This tells me Cena will defeat Rock at WM controversially. I feel that Cena will turn heel at WM. He's making it a point to say that he can't lose this match versus Rock -- that means he will have all his bases covered to ensure he doesn't lose. And this will be the setup for the rematch at Extreme Rules.

I character change for Cena would be awesome, however I am still thinking they are going to go the Cena wins, and he and the Rock shake hands.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

In what way does this prove that Cena will win controversially, or raise questions of who will win at 'Mania?

The Rock is guaranteed one return match upon losing the championship, so it's just simple wrestling logic that he will work Extreme Rules. Furthermore, it will be the rubber match and blowoff for the feud with Cena, and practically guarantees a great butyrate for Rules. There is literally no reason why a Rock-Cena match shouldn't happen at the PPV, and no logical argument for how this news changes the obvious storyline direction for Rock-Cena at 'Mania.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    In what way does this prove that Cena will win controversially, or raise questions of who will win at 'Mania?

The Rock is guaranteed one return match upon losing the championship, so it's just simple wrestling logic that he will work Extreme Rules. Furthermore, it will be the rubber match and blowoff for the feud with Cena, and practically guarantees a great butyrate for Rules. There is literally no reason why a Rock-Cena match shouldn't happen at the PPV, and no logical argument for how this news changes the obvious storyline direction for Rock-Cena at 'Mania.
    If Rock lost to Cena and then came back months later for a rematch (third bout) at Summerslam that would be one thing. But the theme of this PPV is Extreme Rules which to me means a rematch built on hatred/animosity. If Cena defeats the Rock controversially Rock will want that rematch the next night on RAW which will be countered by Cena to wait until the PPV. If Cena beat Rock legitimately Rock is the type of character that would set up the rematch down the line, like at an event such as Summerslam or next year's WM.

If Rock lost the title cleanly to Cena he's the type that would probably disregard his rematch clause. But if Cena "stole" the title from him that's different.
    Last edited by Justin Valuable; 03-08-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Banned

I really don't get why people think Cena is going heel. The climate just isn't right for it. I know Cena is giving off certain "Austin 2001 vibes" with saying he needs this victory more than anything, but so did he last year and we didn't get the heel turn in Miami that some thought we would. I also see big differences between the two. Austin only cared about beating The Rock because he wanted to be world champion and wanted to remain supreme as world champ for a long as possible, hence why he aligned himself with Vince. With Cena, it isn't just about being world champion, it's about proving he can beat The Rock one on one. Needing help to do that would entirely defeat the point.

And I can't see them doing a match like Rock/Cena III at a B-PPV like Extreme Rules. Summerslam, yes. I wouldn't even be surprised if they waited for Wrestlemania 30 for it, though I surely hope not. But ER seems weird to me.

Justin, Extreme Rules is Backlash with a gimmick, that's all. It's been that way ever since they moved it to the post-'Mania spot. And the gimmick PPVs (Chamber, TLC, Cell) aren't about how heated the rivalries are, either. It has absolutely zero to do with storyline development, and everything to do with the calendar.

If Rock were to win, he'd defend the title at Extreme Rules just as surely as he is going to get his rematch there. You don't book a title rematch for SummerSlam if the guy who won that title might not even be champion at that time. It makes no sense.

Rock will get his rematch at Extreme Rules, just like any other WWE Superstar who has ever lost a championship. That's all there is to it.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Justin, Extreme Rules is Backlash with a gimmick, that's all. It's been that way ever since they moved it to the post-'Mania spot. And the gimmick PPVs (Chamber, TLC, Cell) aren't about how heated the rivalries are, either. It has absolutely zero to do with storyline development, and everything to do with the calendar.

If Rock were to win, he'd defend the title at Extreme Rules just as surely as he is going to get his rematch there. You don't book a title rematch for SummerSlam if the guy who won that title might not even be champion at that time. It makes no sense.

Rock will get his rematch at Extreme Rules, just like any other WWE Superstar who has ever lost a championship. That's all there is to it.
    Did Rock get a rematch against Brock Lesnar after Summerslam? No, he left.

Banned

It makes no less sense than Rock saying he's challenging for the belt on Raw 1000, getting attacked by Punk (obvious set up for Punk/Rock later), Rock saying off and on on Twitter that Punk better cherish his title while he still has it, even though Punk could possibly have lost it by the time the Rumble rolled around. Rock could always roll around come the Summer and say he's coming back for the title then. It's hardly the most illogical thing they would have ever done.

I'd like to see Cena beat Rock controversially (ala help from the Shield/Heyman). This way, WWE can gauge the interest in "heel Cena" and if the reception is less than stellar, Cena tells the Shield/Heyman to back off and he fights Rock at ER..
    Dunno man, a Cena heel turn would make my wrestling pants go crazy..
    "Girls, you can't be the first, but you can be next.

--Richard Morgan Fliehr

Banned

I hope Cena only goes heel when his little kids themselves stop caring about him. There will be real emotion in his heel turn then. Just like Hogan at BATB '96 or Bret Hart ranting on his American fans the night after Wrestlemania 13.

I really hate the Shield/Cena/Heyman ideas.

Banner Credit: Spike

That's what makes it so genius! It will generate even more heat on a guy that does EVERYTHING the company asks of him..

--Richard Morgan Fliehr

Remember last year, when Rock was going to put over Cena and we were gonna have our epic dream match?

Yeah, after the last match, I think we can stop acting like everything is so simple. For all we know, Rock and Cena could double turn, not wrestle at all, and skip out of the ring to 'Zippadeedooda'.
    baboosh

Banned

Loving the turning cena heel ideas. It really needs too happen soon. Because enoughs enough now. I just hope we don't see what we seen last year when cena was just having pointless feuds with the likes off show and ace. Because his heel turn would make great tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Remember last year, when Rock was going to put over Cena and we were gonna have our epic dream match?

Yeah, after the last match, I think we can stop acting like everything is so simple. For all we know, Rock and Cena could double turn, not wrestle at all, and skip out of the ring to 'Zippadeedooda'.
    Dude, I would so mark to that!! hahahaha

--Richard Morgan Fliehr

Banned

I think Rock working Extreme Rules pretty much guarantees Cena is winning. Extreme Rules would be the rubber match

Thread Information