Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryback: I have a strong feeling he is gonn'a be the next invincible:

Default Ryback: I have a strong feeling he is gonn'a be the next invincible:

Over the years we have seen some invincible characters, who just can't (almost) lose in a clean way and always end up with the victory, no metter who the opponent is. supermen like Hogan, Cena, Taker and Goldberg (in WCW) have made their carreer based on that concept.
    now, I have a strong feeling that Ryback is our next superman. if we take a look over all of his matches (almost a year, since the start of the "ryback" character) we will see nobody could beat him cleanly. he have squashed multiple times almost all top heels possible, includind Del rio, Ziggler, Cesaro, Miz, Jack Swagger, etc. he should won all of his matches against CM Punk (the toppest heel) and lost them only due to interferences etc. bottom line: like him or hate him- he looks unstoppable.
    after Wrestlemania it will be a whole year he haven't suffered a clean defeat (if he isn't jobbing cleanly to Mark henry, what I don't believe can happen).
    so what do you think? is Ryback gonn'a be the next invincible character?
    discuss...

Default Re: Ryback: I have a strong feeling he is gonn'a be the next invincible:

Umm...

Default Re: Ryback: I have a strong feeling he is gonn'a be the next invincible:

lol

Thanks To Hayze

more like the next Christian ...

BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Banned

Not really sure how I feel about Ryback. He still has like a 70 percent winning percentage but has lost over half his pay per view matches, including the last five in a row. Worst push ever if you ask me. I am starting to think Vince pushed him as a monster just to feed him to main eventers like Punk or put over guys like Shield.

SCS, the problem was that they booked Rock/Punk months before it happened, even basically booking it at Raw 1000 on TV, five months before the Rumble, and they were hell-bent on booking that match no matter what. So Cena was put with Punk in a feud through the fall, which Punk would dominate, which would aid two long-term storylines, Punk's reign of doom and Cena's year of fail. A good plan. Then Cena got injured and they lost their minds, throwing Ryback in there because they had no other credible main event faces. Once Ryback lost once, for some reason they had him lose again even though Cena got over his injury. It was a mess beyond all messes but at least we got the Shield out of it.

I still think his character is salvagable. Invincible characters like Ultimate Warrior lost high profile PPV matches (sometimes) but with interference. His character still stayed strong and dominate.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I think that ship has sailed...he'll be lucky if he gets a good I.C. title run based on the way things have been going.

I could be wrong...but I doubt it.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Speaking of Ryback what do you guys think of this WWE 13 CAW of him? I personally thought the DLC version of Ryback was weak. His shoulder were too wide and his midsection was not accurate. I downloaded this version of Ryback and made adjustments to his attire.

Banned

Always predicted he would turn out to be someone who didn't amount to much. People even chanted Goldberg, and I don't know which is the worse part of it- being called a clone of someone, or being compared to a flash in the pan.

How was Goldberg a flash in the pan?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    I think that ship has sailed...he'll be lucky if he gets a good I.C. title run based on the way things have been going.

I could be wrong...but I doubt it.
    Thank god. I hate Ryback.

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Ryback has lost 5 matches. In only 2 of those matches was he pinned. In all of those matches, more than one person was involved in the finish.

God, he is booked so terribly. I have no idea how anybody can take him seriously as a main eventer after being made to look so weak.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

when he won his slammy i wonder if he pissed anybody off with his owen hart quote of "enough is enough and its time for a change".

one month later cena (the guy he was reffering to replacing) was tossing his ass outta the rumble.

either way it seems they are making him "pay dues" now to see if he can handle it like a pro.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Quote Originally Posted by JACKNIFE View Post
    when he won his slammy i wonder if he pissed anybody off with his owen hart quote of "enough is enough and its time for a change".

one month later cena (the guy he was reffering to replacing) was tossing his ass outta the rumble.

either way it seems they are making him "pay dues" now to see if he can handle it like a pro.
    I really hope Cena isnt the reason behind the horrible booking of Ryback.

If someone is pissed off, you'd think they'd be pissed at the guy who told Ryback to go out and say it. It seemed natural to me that Cena and Ryback would be the last two in the rumble. They were seen as the two most likely winners.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

He also yelled "pull the damn trigger on me!" during his entrance this week on Raw. Fair to say he's not happy with what's happened!

oh, I'm sorry

did a promising push

suddenly get changed

for the benefit of other wrestlers?

that almost never happens
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    How was Goldberg a flash in the pan?
    How was he not? His aura was the streak, and that was it. Once he lost it, most no longer cared about him. He didn't have a big effect in WWE at all. He was big in 1998 and that was it.

Banned

Goldberg was still a draw, long after the streak. Got any evidence to back up that statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    SCS, the problem was that they booked Rock/Punk months before it happened, even basically booking it at Raw 1000 on TV, five months before the Rumble, and they were hell-bent on booking that match no matter what. So Cena was put with Punk in a feud through the fall, which Punk would dominate, which would aid two long-term storylines, Punk's reign of doom and Cena's year of fail. A good plan. Then Cena got injured and they lost their minds, throwing Ryback in there because they had no other credible main event faces. Once Ryback lost once, for some reason they had him lose again even though Cena got over his injury. It was a mess beyond all messes but at least we got the Shield out of it.
    I wouldn't say WWE "lost their minds" initially. The problem was Ryback was their most over guy not named Cena. Randy Orton would not take the spot due to his recent drug policy violation, Sheamus was booked to face Big Show, Miz wasn't face yet, Foley couldn't wrestle anymore, Chris Jericho was touring with Fozzy and then you had Ryback. The booking at Hell in a Cell wasn't bad, it guarded Ryback enough. The issue was going forward they kept Ryback in there rather than pull a Smokey Mountain one and done title shot that would have turned Ryback into the guy you want to see be champion similar to what WWF wanted Luger to be in 93. Then Survivor instead of doing the easy thing and booking Ryback as a bad ass mother fucker and eliminate damn near an entire survivor series team, they pull him and Punk out for a triple threat that you KNEW Punk would win and then booked a TLC match that had a similar non-importance because Punk HAD to face Rock.

I would argue that WWE only recently screwed Ryback when he got beat by Rollins at Chamber. I am sorry but Ryback and Sheamus should have swapped spots. Sheamus is a made guy and Ryback isn't exactly. This is not 98-00 when you have a strong performance win or lose and you are a made man. WWE is in a time where the men are made by beating their way to the top and staying there. And WWE will wonder why a Ziggler WWE or World title run will fail other than "Ziggler doesn't have it." (I have my BS flag ready to throw when I hear that by the way.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Goldberg was still a draw, long after the streak. Got any evidence to back up that statement?
    People were already chanting Goldberg Sucks by the end of 1998 and they were starting to pipe in Goldberg chants. Goldberg's popularity never recovered to the same peaks once he lost the streak, which is something that no one really disagrees with. He was a draw long after he lost the streak? It couldn't have been too long because they lost 15 million by the end of 1999 and 62 million by the end of 2000 lol.

Flash In The Pan = Someone who was big only for a short period of time. That describes Goldberg to a T.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    How was he not? His aura was the streak, and that was it. Once he lost it, most no longer cared about him. He didn't have a big effect in WWE at all. He was big in 1998 and that was it.
    That is a common misconception. Backlash vs. Rock did 345k, which no post-WrestleMania show has touched since. His debut vs. Jericho (sharing credit with HHH/Nash) did 385k, an absolutely monsterous B PPV buyrate (Raw brand only), the biggest the second biggest brand-only PPV ever, behind HHH/Batista which was a red-hot angle at Vengeance 2005. SummerSlam vs. HHH did 465k, which was huge and just 100k less than WrestleMania XIX which had Rock, Austin, Hogan, McMahon, HHH and Lesnar on the card. His one-on-one match for the title against HHH at Unforgiven did 360k, the fourth biggest brand-only PPV buyrate.

A lot of WWE fans (which I assume you are) don't remember fondly of Goldberg's WWE run and I must say that neither do I particularly, but he had a good stretch in WWE where he was made to look anything but invincible. His angle with HHH was absolutely huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Ryback has lost 5 matches. In only 2 of those matches was he pinned. In all of those matches, more than one person was involved in the finish.

God, he is booked so terribly. I have no idea how anybody can take him seriously as a main eventer after being made to look so weak.
    The statistics are irrelevant.

When he wrestles a big match, he loses. When the hell was the last time he won a big match?

The misconception exists Todd because the WWE ended up losing money that year.

The bulk of that may have to do with outside projects but I don't believe Goldberg lived up to projections.

Mind you, I also feel like that result at SummerSlam hurt him.

The PPVs were hugely successful, it flies in the face of any idea that Goldberg failed.

Throwing Kane in the mix ruined it.

Thread Information