Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weed The People

Default Weed The People

About two weeks ago, ESPN, who does a weekly WWE Ranking Report. This is taken from the February 26th Ranking. I was rather amused at the writer for this play on words:

So does WWE have a wellness policy or not? How can Swagger get arrested for DUI and possession of marijuana last week and not only avoid suspension, but star in multiple segments on Raw? Weed the People.

Here is the link: http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fan...hn-cena-climbs

I fully expected to see this type of sign in arenas..but now I read that WWE is confiscating all Swagger DUI signs..
    "Girls, you can't be the first, but you can be next.

--Richard Morgan Fliehr

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Default Re: Weed The People

"Weed The People" has been a joke since about 1 minute after the report.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Banned

Do you people even think it might not have actually been Swaggers weed? He could have been taking it to Evan Bourne or Punk and just got caught with it. They probaly tested him right after it broke out and he was clean

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post
    He could have been taking it to Evan Bourne or Punk and just got caught with it.
    WHAT DID YOU SAY!?

Also, he was arrested on a DUI and wasn't punished for that, either. It doesn't matter if he was "clean for weed" or not (which I doubt he was), the fact of the matter is he broke the law, got caught, and was let completely off the hook by a company that has punished other talents for similar (and lesser) offenses.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Do you people even think it might not have actually been Swaggers weed? He could have been taking it to Evan Bourne or Punk and just got caught with it. They probaly tested him right after it broke out and he was clean
    and I actually like Swagger.

You can't test for marijuanna consumption like alcohol. THC stays in your body long after you use it and long after you experience the "high" it creates. There would be no need to test him for it anyway, he was holding.

What made you pull out that name of all names?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post

What made you pull out that name of all names?
    In all honesty, has Punk ever looked sober? I do believe he's straight edge but he always looks like he's either drunk or stoned. In fact, I remember someone here use to have a banner that was a pic of Punk with the World title and the caption read something like "Does this look like the face of a sober man?"

Banned

I think the reason being there not punishing swagger is because this new Believe In The People angle is pretty awesome. And they would be pretty silly not too capitalise on it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    In all honesty, has Punk ever looked sober? I do believe he's straight edge but he always looks like he's either drunk or stoned. In fact, I remember someone here use to have a banner that was a pic of Punk with the World title and the caption read something like "Does this look like the face of a sober man?"
    It looks like the face of a man that never has a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Steve View Post
    It looks like the face of a man that never has a day off.
    I thought that was Darren Young.

Just a Joke!

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    I think the reason being there not punishing swagger is because this new Believe In The People angle is pretty awesome. And they would be pretty silly not too capitalise on it.
    So awesome that I feel compelled enough to change the channel as soon as I hear their theme music. Swagger was an idiot and should have been punished, I however have no desire to revisit a 20 page thread so i'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

I swear I read this post earlier and it said Orton and not Punk

Banner Credit: Spike

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    Nope, Swagger will be jobbed out at Mania. In spectacular fashion, tapping out in 10 seconds.
    - Credit: Bender -

Tied to the tree of woe WickedOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Nope, Swagger will be jobbed out at Mania. In spectacular fashion, tapping out in 10 seconds.
    I don't know. This feels like JBL version 2.0. I could easily see Vince loving this angle and Swagger so much that he has him win to continue the feud. Maybe now that Linda has got her ass kicked twice, they are done with trying to be politically correct, and they aren't going to punish like they have in the past?

It genuinely shocks me that WWE are continuing with Swagger vs Del Rio as if nothing has happened. Even more surprising considering Dutch Mantell appears to be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    It genuinely shocks me that WWE are continuing with Swagger vs Del Rio as if nothing has happened. Even more surprising considering Dutch Mantell appears to be fine with it.
    Yeah I'm pretty shocked as well.

Knows he isn't welcome

I honestly believe they might have Swagger win the title.

But hey, as long as they get attention and Mantell continues to be "great", who cares?
    That's all, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    I honestly believe they might have Swagger win the title.

But hey, as long as they get attention and Mantell continues to be "great", who cares?
    I still think Ziggler's the favourite personally. Either way, I think it'll leave with a heel so if it isn't Dolph then yeah Swagger will be getting the strap.

Swagger has to be thankful about the timing. If Wrestlemania hadn't been around the corner, that would've replaced him in a heartbeat, but given the events of Elimination Chamber and all, it would've been too much of a hassle for them to change the plans that have been set in stone.

I'd suspend Swagger the minute his mach at Mania was over. Honestly, I'd suspend him the moment I heard the news.

They've apparently been confiscating anti-Swagger signs during recent RAW's and Smackdown's.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 2: We Are The Champions
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

I would have used Zigglers MITB to get out of this, but then again Im not the one who made the stupid decision to push this idiot in the first place. But now they are in a corner, they back off Swaggers push they are made to look stupid by the media as they will twist it as backing out of a controversial angle, and they will look stupid in front of the many people who dont understand why Swagger is getting this push. Its stubborness plain and simple that has saved Swagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    I'd suspend Swagger the minute his mach at Mania was over. Honestly, I'd suspend him the moment I heard the news.

They've apparently been confiscating anti-Swagger signs during recent RAW's and Smackdown's.
    Nope.

They've been confiscating SMARKY Anti-Swagger signs, like they do with any superstar (Another Headlock, Randy?)
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by WickedOne View Post
    I don't know. This feels like JBL version 2.0. I could easily see Vince loving this angle and Swagger so much that he has him win to continue the feud. Maybe now that Linda has got her ass kicked twice, they are done with trying to be politically correct, and they aren't going to punish like they have in the past?
    So, driving under the influence and possession of drugs equal a slap on the wrist?
    - Credit: Bender -

Banned

And they're not suspending him after Mania. Current reports are out that they are continuing this fued into Extreme Rules, doing Swagger/Del Rio Submission match for the World Title.

Which means Ziggler won't cash in, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    And they're not suspending him after Mania. Current reports are out that they are continuing this fued into Extreme Rules, doing Swagger/Del Rio Submission match for the World Title.

Which means Ziggler won't cash in, either.
    Or maybe that's what they want you to think!
    baboosh

Thread Information